I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures of penthouse 2 bedroom suite at the Westin Whistler (on points, base rate of 70,000 points / night, 5th night free!):

kitchen (loft is above)

One of the downstairs bathrooms (the other had a soaking tub with sink and toilet and was attached to the bedroom -- this one was in the hallway); dd LOVED the huge shower:

Downstairs bedroom (with balcony):

Second downstairs bedroom:

I need opinions about where to eat for lunch. We plan to go to MK close to rope drop so we can get pictures with hopefully less people nearby. I have a FP for Mickey at 11:40-12:40 and am trying to figure out where we should eat lunch after. I'm thinking at one of the monorail resorts since we'll be so close to the park exit and I might be tired at that point. I see ADRs for Grand Floridian Cafe or Kona Cafe (those are the only two that interest us). Otherwise, Captain Cook's might be an option even though it's QS. What do some of you think?

Open to suggestions: new situation just arrived, my DH is going to need surgery and we’ll have about $8K in medical bills to prove it. :worried: Has anyone put medical bills on CIP? I was thinking to get them much sooner than I expected, one for DH and for myself. Will medical bills on a biz card cause issues?
Otherwise, I’m open and not sure what to do. I’d like to start earning URs. DH already has CSP. I assume there is nothing out there that codes as 2x or so for medical...

Open to suggestions: new situation just arrived, my DH is going to need surgery and we’ll have about $8K in medical bills to prove it. :worried: Has anyone put medical bills on CIP? I was thinking to get them much sooner than I expected, one for DH and for myself. Will medical bills on a biz card cause issues?
Otherwise, I’m open and not sure what to do. I’d like to start earning URs. DH already has CSP. I assume there is nothing out there that codes as 2x or so for medical...
Sorry to hear about the surgery. I'd definitely put the expense on a CIP towards the MSR.

Sorry to hear about the surgery. Unfortunately there aren’t any cards that have a medical category bonus. Putting it towards an MSR is your best bet. If you exceed the MSR(s) available to you and can split the payment up your best everyday earner would be my next choice of card.

@Minnie368 We are Delta hostages and booked flights to Italy this summer through Delta Vacations. They were having a great promo where your Delta points counted double. We were able to book the flights through Delta Vacations and paid less in points than what they wanted in Skymiles on the Delta site. This is the first time I have seen this sale, but it worked out great for us. I even transferred MR points to the girls' accounts which had some miles but not enough to book a ticket for some of the tickets we purchased through the sale. Having the different currencies helped us get a great deal. Good luck!!
Thanks for that info! Where did you find out about the special they were having? Is it something advertised or emailed to you, or just something you had to keep watch for? I've never heard of Delta Vacations so I'll have to take a look.

So while I enjoyed my trip to Cleveland (first class on American--I had salted caramel balls for breakfast:), I'm not enjoying my hotel. I'm staying at the Kimpton which I've stayed at twice before. Terrible views but the rooms are nice. I'm on the second floor at the end of the hall next to the service elevator. I'm also next to the alley. So I woke up at 12:30 hearing a walkie talkie thinking someone was in the room. Then between the alley noise (I think garbage was collected) and the elevator beeping it was a nightmare. At least it's not snowing here.
Our last stay at RPR at USO was like that. Ground level, next to outside entrance and elevators. Elevator dings every time door open. All. Night. Long.
Have you guys had the argument over who gets the bike and who gets the sidecar yet?? 🤣
I looked at pics and can’t tell, but is there a difference between the two seats as far as access? Like harder to climb in/on one or the other?
I was so upset when I saw the end of the last season. I can’t wait for this one!
Scroll to the bottom, the comments say it’s fake.
Uggggghhhhh 30 days.

Oh well. My timing stinks as usual. Really wanted that card for my trip next week but in the meantime I guess I'll just try to keep the RAT at bay.

I did book a room at a Hyatt House for my family trip this June but I don't think I can acquire anything in such a short time frame that I can accrue enough points with. I have only about 7K URs and zero MRs at the moment. Oh and like 20K Best Western points! :rotfl:
Keep checking. It will probably still be approved. 🤞🏼
Can’t have nice things. Ever.
No problem using CIP for medical.

I did, just met almost my entire MSR with the bill from DH emergency room visit from December.

Informed delivery said the only mail I had today was my Mickey Monitor. I normally don't get the mail Monday or Tuesday, unless there is something important out there. But, since we were gone this weekend, I had to go get some groceries after dinner. Grabbed the mail on the way back, and all 12 of my DGC from cashing out most of our Train were in there! Good grief, not a great thing to leave out there. Good thing I had to go to the store. They were a normal size envelope (unlike the Mickey Monitor), I would totally have thought they should have scanned in informed delivery.

I looked at pics and can’t tell, but is there a difference between the two seats as far as access? Like harder to climb in/on one or the other?
Not that I noticed. Most people agree that the bike ups the thrill factor a bit. Otherwise it’s the same coaster from both seats.

Thank you! Hopefully Hood has some in stock. Not sure we have communication this week and not sure I'll see him this weekend so I should probably just tell him already that I'm covering it and have him use the NFCU card just in case they need to be ordered. I need the ticket by 3/1 for FPs. Then fingers crossed he gets leave approved which I told him he should have already put in for. Adult kids are a whole other level of stress.
I have no doubt that Hood will have them in stock, unless he is unlucky and goes right after they run out. But they likely keep a large stock.

Not that I noticed. Most people agree that the bike ups the thrill factor a bit. Otherwise it’s the same coaster from both seats.
Looks like you just enter the sidecar and walk across. Is that right? I have a really hard time getting on/off some coasters or even things like Test Track where you step down into the ride and then climb out after. DH always has to haul me out like I’m 80.

I need opinions about where to eat for lunch. We plan to go to MK close to rope drop so we can get pictures with hopefully less people nearby. I have a FP for Mickey at 11:40-12:40 and am trying to figure out where we should eat lunch after. I'm thinking at one of the monorail resorts since we'll be so close to the park exit and I might be tired at that point. I see ADRs for Grand Floridian Cafe or Kona Cafe (those are the only two that interest us). Otherwise, Captain Cook's might be an option even though it's QS. What do some of you think?
We have never eaten at Kona for lunch but have at Grand Floridian Cafe twice...it’s a brunch so breakfast and lunch choices...we have enjoyed it each time

Looks like you just enter the sidecar and walk across. Is that right? I have a really hard time getting on/off some coasters or even things like Test Track where you step down into the ride and then climb out after. DH always has to haul me out like I’m 80.
Yeah it feels like a step up actually if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter