I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how long it typically takes for SW shopping portal points to post? My Giftcards.com seem to be taking forever. and while I was looking at the portal, I decided to take advantage of some online subscriptions that were offering a nice increased bonus. The Economist for 1400 RR and $1 sign-up, WSJ for 700 RR for $12 and Barron’s for 700 RR for $1. So 2800 RR for $14. I just need to make sure to cancel the subscription.
Took about 2-3 weeks for me to see the transaction post. Got an email that it tracked 10 days after the purchase.

Really? Ravens, Texans and Chiefs are all exciting teams with young QBs.

NFC field is loaded aside from Eagles and even they could still go on a run too. You never know. Personally I’m all in on the Drew Brees train (and have been a huge fan since Katrina).

I think this years NFL playoffs could bring a ton of exciting games. We are 2 for 2 so far!!
hoping my team wins but DH already said if our teams go up against each other he’d like to go. Last time we went up in 2012 it was freezing.

Has anyone had Amex say no retention offer then call back and have one? DH called the other day and was told no offer. Trying to justify the $450 fee

Question about the CIP. Does the annual fee count towards the SUB? My DH URs hit but I calculated him being a bit under without the AF counting.

Has anyone had Amex say no retention offer then call back and have one? DH called the other day and was told no offer. Trying to justify the $450 fee

Yep - happened to DW a couple years back. Called saying she was thinking of canceling Plat and was just looking for any offers to help justify the fee. No dice - nothing available on the account. Called back 8 days later to actually cancel and was offered 15k MR for 2 or maybe 3k spend. Took offer, got points and then downgraded to Gold about 6 weeks later.

So the points don't expire? Or do you just keep them current by making a purchase (or paying the AF)?

The T&Cs say gold points don’t expire and having the card gives you gold status. I try to remember to put a small purchase a couple of times a year on all of the sock drawer cards.

Hagrid's doesn't have express pass and likely won't even by February. Your best bet is to get there an hour before early park opening (which is 1 hour before normal posted park times). So for a 9am opening get there as close to 7 as possible. Boats start running at 7 so plan to be in the boat line a bit before 7. Go straight to IOA ticket gates and you should be near front of line to scan tickets. Follow the crowds from there. Even during a slow time I'd still get there 2 hours early. It goes fast and all the kids thought it was a fun adventure and didn't have time to get bored.
So what about a day without IOA early opening? The park will open at 9am.

We'll only have 8am USF early openings at the end of this month.

Spent an impromptu weekend In NYC. Some good use of certs I had for this trip.

- Booked an Acela Amtrak since it was a last minute trip and the price was the same as the Regional train (the low bucket fares were gone).

- I hit Amtrak Select status last year, so I have several 12-hour upgrade coupons. Upgraded to Acela First Class! Never done that before because it's absurdly expensive, but it was something of an experience just once. Big wide seats and 1x2 rows. One free meal. Free drinks and alcohol. Not worth the money, but for a free upgrade from standard Acela? That was cool.

- Used our final IHG unrestricted free nights at the Intercontinental Barclay. We've been here before and it's a great hotel. Nice quieter part of Midtown not far from Grand Central. I already miss those IHG certs!

- Friday night, saw Freestyle Love Supreme on Broadway once again. Second time seeing it. It's a freestyle rap/improv show directed by Lin-Manuel Miranda. He's occasionally in it too as the cast rotates for each show, but alas no such luck in ours. The show closes in a week, so if you happen to be in NYC make it a priority to see this one. It's outstanding.

- Saturday we visited the Times Square TKTS booth and got 40% off The Play That Goes Wrong. Hadn't seen this one before and it was pretty funny, although the gag wore a little thin by the end. But a very enjoyable show at a good value.

- On our way back home now. Used two more 12-hour upgrade coupons to get on Business Class on the Northeast Regional. Definitely not as fancy as Acela First Class but you get priority boarding, wider seats, and free non-alcoholic beverages.

Back to reality now!

I had a Costco membership years ago and know I used it for rentals but don't remember how it worked. So you are not locked in to the reserved price? Two drivers are allowed correct? There is a Costco 60 miles away but it might still be worth it even if I just use it for car rentals.
I have a costco membership solely for the rental discounts.... I shop once in a while, but the two drivers and cheaper prices keep me a member (trips about 3xyear)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter