I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the points are the upside. DH will be charging everything to the CSP. Of course he's staying at a Kalahari and that helps no one.
I'm just going to say it: I think conferences are a waste of time and a money grab.

There, I said it. I feel better, lol. I'm a professional woman who DESPISES conferences.
I hate conferences too. We do one every year for our software users (it's small--fewer than 100 attendees). We lose a ton of money on it and it's a huge headache. I planned the first one (I'm not an event planner--my background is in economics) and gladly turned it over after that. This year ours is in a Midwest city that is completely unappealing to me.

I also used to have to attend a defense conference annually. I wasn't sorry when that project was over.

Off topic rant-
I’m so angry. My husband and I had our first chance at a date since our 5 month old was born and two selfish pieces of poop brought their baby to star wars. That poor kid cried and screamed the whole time. They’d be asked ro leave and come right back. I hate people.
We've had this happening so much lately. It happened to us at Toy Story 4. Kids right next to us just talked the entire time and baby ahead cried the whole time. Parents did nothing. I even shushed the kids next to us and parents still ignored. I complained to the movie place and they basically just said that happens at 'all the kid's movies':rolleyes: Um, doesn't make it right...

Well, then dh & I went on a date to see the new Star Wars and it was a total repeat. Parents, I guess couldn't get seats together (???), so they booked two in the row in front of us and two next to us and that is where they sat their small children, who were clearly not ready for such a long with movie with involved plot. The little boy (guessing 5yo) must have gotten up 50 times to cross over people and go ask his parents if it was almost over.

People really do suck sometimes. We love going to the movies and our family has typically gone to see new movies on opening weekend but I'm wondering if we need to start letting the movie play for a bit before we go.

Landry's is reporting a data breach that may have affected cards used with them between 3/3/19 and 10/17/19. Includes WDW locations. Says that system worked properly to protect cc data being taken from payment swipes... but occasionally servers may accidentally swipe cc on the order entry system and that is at risk.
https://www.landrysinc.com/CreditNotice/
I was there during that time but fortunately used a GC to pay.

I don’t have any SUB I am working on now. ( except for that little bit on my DH’s CIP) so I’m just going to use my SW priority since I have that extra 25% on it until the end of February. This will give me time to figure out what card I want to go for next.

My DH travels every week for the rest of the month after this week. His work schedule is crazy for this year already, and I know there will be many more last minute trips in there too. At least he’ll be earning us some points!

DH was gone a good portion of September, October and November. It sucked at the time but now I am like ummm, when you leaving again. lol We need points and nights in hotels. He keeps telling me he has nothing coming up and I keep telling him he needs to find something. Preferably with a Hyatt or Marriott stay. #priorities

Last edited:
Off topic rant-
I’m so angry. My husband and I had our first chance at a date since our 5 month old was born and two selfish pieces of poop brought their baby to star wars. That poor kid cried and screamed the whole time. They’d be asked ro leave and come right back. I hate people.
That happened to DH and me years ago. First time out alone after baby was born, we went out for a nice dinner only to be seated next to a couple with a small crying baby. As if THAT wasn't bad enough, an unliked coworker and his wife were then seated next to us. Totally ruined date night.

DH was gone a good portion of September, October and November. It sucked at the time but now I am like ummm, when you leaving again. lol We need points and nights in hotels. He keeps telling me he has nothing coming up and I am keep telling him he needs to find something. Preferably with a Hyatt or Marriott stay. #priorities

HaHa - sounds just like me with DW - although she doesn't travel that much these days, she did few stays at Hyatt properties at the back end of last year which pushed her to Explorist and earned a bunch of points and free night. Bit bummed that the free night is only good for 6 months though.

Back in the day - she would take a trip to Asia and earn like 25000 AA Miles - now those same trips only earn about 5k miles :sad1: . All about $$$ spent these days and not so much miles traveled.

I hate conferences too. We do one every year for our software users (it's small--fewer than 100 attendees). We lose a ton of money on it and it's a huge headache. I planned the first one (I'm not an event planner--my background is in economics) and gladly turned it over after that. This year ours is in a Midwest city that is completely unappealing to me.

I also used to have to attend a defense conference annually. I wasn't sorry when that project was over.

My husband is in IT and he manages a bunch of people to boot. He goes to stay current but he hates it and dreads it every time.

It got to the point where I just started saying no to my annual industry conference. I was like "I'm out" and my boss blinked... and then everyone else stopped going too. Curious that.

All the talk of inconsiderate people at the movie theater reminds me why I typically have mild anxiety before a showing. I dread the anticipation of rude people. With that said DH took DS to see Star Wars this morning and he sent me this photo at about 10:25. 5 minutes before the start of the movie 😂 apparently they had nothing to worry about 😂462908

Had a pretty good churning week. DH approved for CIP, supported by me.

Spent one night at a Hilton Resort on points, 10 minutes from home, and used about $245 of the $250 resort credit on my Hilton Aspire. Most of that was dinner last night. We treated my mom and splurged.
Also, Chase finally credited one of my 3 BJs purchases for the $25.

HaHa - sounds just like me with DW - although she doesn't travel that much these days, she did few stays at Hyatt properties at the back end of last year which pushed her to Explorist and earned a bunch of points and free night. Bit bummed that the free night is only good for 6 months though.

Back in the day - she would take a trip to Asia and earn like 25000 AA Miles - now those same trips only earn about 5k miles :sad1: . All about $$$ spent these days and not so much miles traveled.

Yep, that 6 month expiration messing me up too. Ours expires early in May.

Yes the points are the upside. DH will be charging everything to the CSP. Of course he's staying at a Kalahari and that helps no one.
I'm just going to say it: I think conferences are a waste of time and a money grab.

There, I said it. I feel better, lol. I'm a professional woman who DESPISES conferences.
Aw I would love to go to a conference. The big one I want to attend is in Tampa in March. The other big one is in October in Indianapolis. The March one is more tailored to my specialty but I’d go to either if someone paid. I can’t afford airfare, hotel and conference fees and my employer pays nothing.
Truth

Aw I would love to go to a conference. The big one I want to attend is in Tampa in March. The other big one is in October in Indianapolis. The March one is more tailored to my specialty but I’d go to either if someone paid. I can’t afford airfare, hotel and conference fees and my employer pays nothing.

Truth

There is no budget for professional development? I'm sorry, that does suck.

soooo can I return non-seasonal clearance items to Target? I don't recall. I'm looking at home storage baskets...

Is this possibly the best start to the NFL playoffs ever??? 3 awesome games so far. C’mon SAINTS!!!! I am gonna lose my voice over here.

there is some hooting and hollering coming from my living room. Well there was...
soooo can I return non-seasonal clearance items to Target? I don't recall. I'm looking at home storage baskets...
Yes

Looking for a new credit card and currently looking at Southwest or Capital One Venture or other suggestions.

02/09 Disney Visa- wife but Im authorized user
09/17 JcPenney-wife
06/18 Old navy- wife
10/18 Old Navy Visa- wife
02/19 Justice -Wife

Spend maybe $300-$500 a month. Going to charge Disney park tickets for march. $2800. Also can book airfaire $1600
Payoff cards immediately
Fly from St. Louis
Would like flyer program
No hotel preference
Would like to earn points for flights. Preferably Southwest
Planning on flying to Mexico this summer with just us 2 adults. But other flights would include 2 kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter