I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, question for folks with "non-essential" office jobs living somewhere with a shelter-in-place order in effect: are people still allowed to go into their buildings to print stuff, pay bills, handle incoming/outgoing mail, etc.? I feel like I can't get a straight answer from any of my research. Based on the Dallas County order I was reading last night, my workplace would probably be considered non-essential and I'm not looking to get a fine or a ticket so that our office plant service invoice can get paid on time :/ My boss has a whole spiel planned for if we need to go attend to a signing but I'm more concerned about the day-to-day logistics of my job.

Sorry, I know this if off-topic, but I'm just trying to figure out what I need to grab from the office while I'm in tomorrow. Also need to figure out if I should take my entire desktop printer home with me or if I can get away with just buying replacement ink for my crappy Epson at home :rotfl2:
We live on LI, today was the first my DH worked from home. His company told them to take their laptops home, they share printers so that’s in the office.
On a conference call today he was told they can go into the office if they need to get files etc, just couldn’t work from there.

shutting NY down In my opinion isn’t doing any good, other than killing businesses and economy. People are still getting together here...And the pictures of NYC over the weekend are crazy, definitely practicing not social distancing.

Last edited:
So what's the newest with canceling:
  • AA flights booked with cash? (college dd, domestic for the canceled wedding April 30-May3)
  • United (well, Austrian Airlines) flight booked with United miles (May 21)
I've just been skimming, trying to handle my anxiety, but now it's time to look into these issues.

:thanks:

My cat killed one last week
@Crazed4DisneyinSC yes! :worried: Just one baby so far. Last year we had four so we are trying to get ahead of snakefest 2020. Clearly the copperheads didn't get the social distancing memo! Six feet snake boy!
Just ordered a 10 lb bag of Snake-A-Way on Amazon, but expected delivery isn't until April 11-14! (Lowes and Home Depot and Walmart are all out by us). I hope we don't see any snakes before then. I don't mind the black snakes, we do see quite a few of those each year and I know they're "good" snakes. My only concern with them is my small dog tries to play with them every time he see ones. However, last year for the first time (at the end of Oct) we saw a HUGE copperhead that looked to be pregnant, right up by our house. My husband AND dog walked right next to it twice without seeing it. My dog would have been dead had it striked (he is a small 20 lb Boston Terrier). Thankfully the snake seemed lethargic and we think it emerged to give birth possibly, as it had been cool and that day was full sun and warm. So now I'm completely freaked about copperheads. We are originally from the north and did not have to deal with all these southern snakes! And we have a fenced yard and will leave our dog outside for hours in the summer, as he loves basking in the sun. 😬😬😬

Any experience with TY points being redeposited into an account during all of this? We had a non-refundable hotel booked for this coming weekend to visit DD2 for Dad's weekend at her university. The hotel has now closed for the time being, so it's not even like we are choosing not to go (we wouldn't have gone anyway, but now we don't even have the option).

I was hoping that a few days after they had closed the hotel (their last day open was the 19th), the points would be back in my account, but they are not. I know it will take forever to get through to them on the phone and I don't even see a way to email or DM them. Should I just wait until later in the week to try to contact them? Is there a different way of contacting them?

If we don't end up with the points back, it won't be the end of the world, but it's around $250 worth of points, so I'd definitely like them back if possible :)

Was near Costco today so I filled up on $1.89 gas. Lowest I've seen it here in years. Employee was cleaning all the pump handles and touchscreens after every use. Since there were very few cars in the parking lot I went in for a rotisserie chicken for dinner, and grabbed a few more boxes of Yasso bars on sale (since I already finished the box I bought on 3/11! :rolleyes1 Again, employees were cleaning all the self-checkout stations after each use. When checking my receipt they did not grab it as usual, just looked at it as I held it up. They had stay 6' away social distancing signs all over the store.

Ooh, 2nd egg in the eagles nest I've been watching online has hatched. The parents look a bit bedraggled as they take turns sitting on them in a cold rain.

Last edited:
I would be careful ordering from amazon right now. They are delaying regular orders. Ordered a salad spinner yesterday that said delivery tomorrow when I ordered but confirmation email says april 21. They may be better about their own sticks/products but I don't know. You may be able to pay for expedited shipping.

So all be cautious when ordering non essentials from amazon. Needless to say the cracked salad spinner was resucued from the trash when my friend told me about the month delay this morning. I get it but I don't.
I'm no longer relying on any estimated delivery dates.

I ordered a few things from Amazon, two arrived a day early. One of my puzzles wasn't supposed to ship until tomorrow, but I received it Saturday. Meanwhile, absolutely no movement on my boxed.com order that I placed on the 18th, at this point I just hope it ships and charges in time for the Amex credit.

Was near Costco today so I filled up on $1.89 gas. Lowest I've seen it here in years. Employee was cleaning all the pump handles and touchscreens after every use. Since there were very few cars in the parking lot I went in for a rotisserie chicken for dinner, and grabbed a few more boxes of Yasso bars on sale (since I already finished the box I bought on 3/11! :rolleyes1 Again, employees were cleaning all the self-checkout stations after each use. When checking my receipt they did not grab it as usual, just looked at it as I held it up. They had stay 6' away social distancing signs all over the store.
So jealous you got a rotisserie chicken!! Yesterday we went to Sam's club for a rotisserie chicken and *surprise* they were all out. I was soo looking forward to that little bit of happiness, lol.
Also, gas was $1.29 at my Sam's yesterday. Everywhere else around here is $1.54. Lines were insane.

So jealous you got a rotisserie chicken!! Yesterday we went to Sam's club for a rotisserie chicken and *surprise* they were all out. I was soo looking forward to that little bit of happiness, lol.
Also, gas was $1.29 at my Sam's yesterday. Everywhere else around here is $1.54. Lines were insane.
Maybe because it was Monday afternoon instead of Sunday? They did have a sign on them that said limit 1, along with the packages of uncooked chicken for sale. No limit on the frozen yogurt bars however!

I'm no longer relying on any estimated delivery dates.

I ordered a few things from Amazon, two arrived a day early. One of my puzzles wasn't supposed to ship until tomorrow, but I received it Saturday. Meanwhile, absolutely no movement on my boxed.com order that I placed on the 18th, at this point I just hope it ships and charges in time for the Amex credit.

It has me worried for the Amazon fresh order I want to do Sunday. It has produce or I'd just order now but I've never used their service so I've no idea if i can just order sunday and cross my fingers or if I need to order sat for a sun delivery or what.

My son in Florida just told me that their Governor said anyone flying from NY and NJ to FL has to self isolate for 14 days
Makes sense to me. NY is an epicenter right now:(
Yeah, sounds right but it also sounds completely voluntary so...probably not going to be practiced by many.

PA gov has called for stay home for the 6 counties hardest hit. This is a step up from whatever his last pronouncement was. I drove my last cancer patient trip today but as far as I know meals on wheels is continuing on a limited basis for now.

I just spoke with a coworker and she signed her son up for an online school cauae he's a freshman in hs and rhe district won't do online learning cause like 60% don't have internet etc cauae of their religion, type of Lutheran. Didn't even realize we had something like them here. She didn't want him to not be able to move up next year or fall behind since he's in high school.

I just spoke with a coworker and she signed her son up for an online school cauae he's a freshman in hs and rhe district won't do online learning cause like 60% don't have internet etc cauae of their religion, type of Lutheran. Didn't even realize we had something like them here. She didn't want him to not be able to move up next year or fall behind since he's in high school.
If you have any information I'd love to have it. I'm so worried about DS. He has had a good year but we need momentum.

I’m looking forward to tomorrow. Today is the day we would be flying back from DD’s high school softball spring training trip to WDW, so by tomorrow I’ll be over this time the past week I’ve spent thinking “Today is the day we would have...” and be moving in to the melancholy feeling you get when you return from a trip and know it’s over and you won’t be back for a while. On a whim I booked flights for May just because they were so so cheap I couldn’t resist and with SW it’s so easy to cancel. Not counting on it but who knows...

If you have any information I'd love to have it. I'm so worried about DS. He has had a good year but we need momentum.

A coworker of mine homeschooled their son and he posted on Facebook today that they used Penn Foster. I don't know anything about them, but he posted that they were great to work with and affordable.

A lot of people I show horses with use Bradenton Academy from FL for their kids, but I'm not sure if it's the type of thing you can pick up in the middle of the year since it's a more formal school as well, I believe. You might check though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter