I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah man a poly studio with lake view is $270 on 2/24-2/25. It’s always during the week. I don’t think I can convince Dh to take work off. Oh well. I’m pretty excited to stay at POR anyway
Not a bad price at all, but the day off definitely makes it harder to justify! PLUS you have the perfect GFC ADR now 🤣 👍

Not a bad price at all, but the day off definitely makes it harder to justify! PLUS you have the perfect GFC ADR now 🤣 👍
I know right? Everything is already set up to go 2/29 lol. The money Dh would make in those two days is a lot more tempting than the poly price. We’ve never stayed there but it’s not one of our top choices. I’d love to stay at a monorail resort though.

Thanks everyone for your replies.
Yes there are four of us. I know that makes it tough. DS graduates college that spring (2022) and we're hoping to go late May/early June. We want to make it a special trip because I know after that family vacations are going to be harder to come by. With there being 4 of us, I just don't see us earning enough of one reward currency to do round trip so I think we'll have to split it up. I'm thinking we are going to go for earning Delta and AA all while trying to accumulate UR/MR as well. At least we have two years. I would love to pay for it all with rewards but with there being 4 of us I'll just be happy to do as much as possible. We fly out of Pittsburgh but that doesn't seem to be a great airport for flights to Europe. We like Baltimore and it's not too far, so I could see us flying out of there and it seems Baltimore has a lot more options.
Many of American's flights to Europe are out of Philadelphia. AA didn't have a big presence in Europe until it merged with US Airways. Philidelphia was the major Europe hub for US airways. You will not find a non-stop saver award flights from PHL, but you may find them from Pittsburgh or Baltimore connecting through PHL or CLT. It's weird I live in an AA hub that has non-stops to LHR, but all the saver awards are connecting through PHL, CLT, ORD or RDU. You really have to be persistent and check daily.

Thanks everyone for your replies.
Yes there are four of us. I know that makes it tough. DS graduates college that spring (2022) and we're hoping to go late May/early June. We want to make it a special trip because I know after that family vacations are going to be harder to come by. With there being 4 of us, I just don't see us earning enough of one reward currency to do round trip so I think we'll have to split it up. I'm thinking we are going to go for earning Delta and AA all while trying to accumulate UR/MR as well. At least we have two years. I would love to pay for it all with rewards but with there being 4 of us I'll just be happy to do as much as possible. We fly out of Pittsburgh but that doesn't seem to be a great airport for flights to Europe. We like Baltimore and it's not too far, so I could see us flying out of there and it seems Baltimore has a lot more options.

Pit is also our home airport but I usually check BWI and Dulles too. We are 1 1/2 hrs from Pit and 3 hrs from the other 2. DD flew to South Africa from Dulles. But when she went to Australia Pit was just as good an option so flew out of there. Right now I have some tentative Puerto Rico flights and they are from BWI. I prefer PIT, but willing to travel a little farther if it makes more sense.

Decided at the very last minute to have DD22 apply for a SW card. Was worried she should have reduced her limits on her 2 other chase cards. But she was auto approved for the Priority! Limit only $2k. I guess that one did not have a $5k min like I thought.
They have been SUPER strange around these Southwest Card CLs. I think $2k is typically the smallest you'll see. But some people have called into recon and they've looked for $5k... The whole thing doesn't make a whole lot of sense...but the good news is she's approved!!!

Did she do that before midnight? She could now attempt the most rapid MDD in the history of churning...jk jk jk!!

Decided at the very last minute to have DD22 apply for a SW card. Was worried she should have reduced her limits on her 2 other chase cards. But she was auto approved for the Priority! Limit only $2k. I guess that one did not have a $5k min like I thought.
I'm still learning all if this, but what is the benefit of lowering limits? I always thought higher limits were better in the credit world? But I've seen a few people here mentioning having low limits.

The SW cards still have multiple Visa levels available, she got approved for the Platinum level it sounds like.

"If approved for a Signature account, your credit access line will be at least $5000. If approved for a Platinum account, your credit limit will be at least $2000."

Doesn't really change anything SW benefits wise so it's not really a big deal. I assume she wasn't trying to hit the 5k in the first month anyway but I wonder if she shifts credit from another card would they consider it for the Signature? I know when I closed my first card it was a Signature but it was also opened way back when with a 2k limit so at some point I think they converted it. I kinda remember getting a new card in the mail around the same time as with my Disney they converted.

But congrats to DD!

The Southwest 75,000 point links are still pulling up a valid application page from support pages. If you or a friend/family member are master procrastinators, be aware that this offer was set to expire yesterday and will likely stop working in the next few days (as is typical with Chase on these limited time offers). :D

EDIT: now DEAD!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter