I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Applied for the CIU and got the 7-10 day message. Hoping for an approval but I guess I'll have to wait.

Yesterday I applied for a Cdn Aeroplan card (45,000 pts with $1k spend in 4 months) and was instantly approved. Will be easy to meet the SUB.

Happy New Year!

I've dabbled in the Chase ecosystem for the last couple of years and now am thinking about branching out into the American Express cards since I am thinking about a DL trip in about 2 years when hopefully the new DL DVC is open. We usually fly SW but I am thinking of exploring another airline (Delta) to fly nonstop to the west coast from Boston. I'm kind of stumped where/what card to begin with though. Most of our monthly spend is groceries, restaurants, and gas.

Applied for the CIU and got the 7-10 day message. Hoping for an approval but I guess I'll have to wait.

Yesterday I applied for a Cdn Aeroplan card (45,000 pts with $1k spend in 4 months) and was instantly approved. Will be easy to meet the SUB.
7-10 days is heading into denial. if you applied for a card yesterday, u probably need to reapply after 30 days as chase likes u to be at 0/30 for biz cards.

Happy New Year!

I've dabbled in the Chase ecosystem for the last couple of years and now am thinking about branching out into the American Express cards since I am thinking about a DL trip in about 2 years when hopefully the new DL DVC is open. We usually fly SW but I am thinking of exploring another airline (Delta) to fly nonstop to the west coast from Boston. I'm kind of stumped where/what card to begin with though. Most of our monthly spend is groceries, restaurants, and gas.
Amex Gold card is where to start. MR transfer 1:1 to Delta, 4x groceries restaurants, enough credits that are easily usable that AF is $10 before offers. The only reason to go straight to a Delta card is checked bags and lounge access.

Does anyone have recommendations for inflatable travel pillows? I'm looking for something I can use on a plane that isn't going to take up a ton of room in my backpack.

Happy New Year and a big thank you for all the helpful advice and hints
just finished msr on IHG. holding on new cards for a bit. amex pla is intriguing. the only amex i've ever had is my hi;ton which is about 20 years old! not sure of bus vs personal for any new amex.
working on accuring enough discounted dgc to pay 2024 dvc dues in full.

sheree

I just checked my e-mail and saw the below from Chase! Can't wait for another 90k URs :yay::yay:!

Congratulations! Your new credit card is approved​
dcRzFdWUwJl_cNl_QSQ1g1V2RMqT5F7xiUjjKJtqe0himFldtIiuKArVZ484Wvhq4D1eOm_KYl5MNfCbqsW1AK7mKvPk2LNB2oMwW9rLY9U=s0-d-e1-ft
C0LbSLEhayDIENtyqxMPca9bdo8fS1s4DJ9bQ5c8kxmPjySq0HPCRp1uM_wgkeUYVGi5YHDNoSiZO_suP-8hw-YZXvYlkvBkPcMua7El7FM=s0-d-e1-ft
Your new Chase Ink Business Unlimited credit card ---- and welcome kit are on the way and should arrive in 3 to 5 business days.​

Happy new year all! I wanted to take the kids to FL this week, but they suck! So I'm looking at just flying down myself and getting some sunshine. God knows I need some. I'm really hoping 2023 is better. I do want to say Michigan didn't end 2022 well....but THANK YOU GEORGIA for starting 2023 off, LOL. I could not take an OSU win!

I should be hitting my CSR spend this week! And I should hopefully knock out the CSP soon too (if not my taxes will). My mom and I both have taxes coming up so debating if I want to grab another card and what's realistic. I probably should have paid attention to my spends on the MDD and did an Amex Plat to triple dip. UGH! Oh well....live and learn. There is always next Nov/Dec to do that. I guess it's time to look at my "want" list and see what I want to get next.

@havaneselover Okay I HAVE to know if you know who your parents sold their house to. Apparently my cousin just bought a house off an older couple who were moving to FL! I'm like OMG, what if it was your parents, LOL. My CIL is an orthopedic surgeon, my cousin is an engineer turn SAHM. They have 3 kids, LOL.

I need to seriously book the flight from DTW to BOS for Ireland. I've been holding off and watching. It looks like we have 2 options, Jet Blue or Delta. The Delta flight would allow me to teach a 1/2 day before heading to BOS. Both should get us there with more than enough time to grab our bags and check back in.

So I guess I'm looking at which card to get next so I get free baggage, LOL. If I do Delta (which I do prefer) I'd be attempting to get the Delta Biz Plat, but the SUB is low right now. So that has me leaning towards JB and TBH, using the JB miles to book the flight. With Spirit likely becoming JB, I doubt I'd use the miles down the road, so might as well use them now, LOL.

Does anyone have the JB biz card? Anything I need to know? Barclay hasn't loved me in the past, but I did have both the personal and biz AA cards. And I do still have a GAP card w/ them, LOL. How fast will the miles post? I'd be happy to charge my taxes immediately to hit the SUB right away!

The other option would be to send my mom and daughter on JB (it's cheaper) and have my 17yo take my bag on JB w. them and I can fly delta w/ just my carry-on. If I did this, does anyone know if I put the employee card in my mom's name or my 17yo's name (I don't think I can do it for her), if they book using THEIR card, do they get the free luggage?

Are you closing it this month? DH has the card also and planning to close when AF hits this month(prob
any day). Also looking around at Saks.
Yes. My fee should post soon too. I tried once already for retention, but I'm not sure if I'll try again. I think I'll focus on other cards instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter