I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Hmm. I tried the referral to AmEx Gold (through DH's link), but it said I'm not eligible for the signup bonus. I'm not sure why. The only AmEx cards I've ever held are the Delta one (current) and a Marriott Bonvoy one (canceled like a year ago). Both of us have 800+ credit scores.
Oh no, you are somehow in Amex pop-up jail. There is no rhyme or reason as to why people are blocked from getting the Amex sign-up bonus.
In that case, what about the Chase Sapphire preferred? The current bonus is 60K points. We have plenty of people here with support links.

Oh no, you are somehow in Amex pop-up jail. There is no rhyme or reason as to why people are blocked from getting the Amex sign-up bonus.
In that case, what about the Chase Sapphire preferred? The current bonus is 60K points. We have plenty of people here with support links.
Ugh, I'm in the pop-up jail! How sad for me!

I will try and see if DH can generate a referral link from his Chase Sapphire Reserve for me to get the Preferred?

You never know...........JetBlue international can be all over the place points wise - a few months ago I managed to secure return flights BOS-LHR for 18000pts + $195. Yep thats just 9,000 points each way......and that was flying over Christmas week. I booked that about 11 weeks out.
Ooooo that gives me hope! Wouldn't that be AMAZING if they offer some low point BOS to CDG flights!

Hmm. I tried the referral to AmEx Gold (through DH's link), but it said I'm not eligible for the signup bonus. I'm not sure why. The only AmEx cards I've ever held are the Delta one (current) and a Marriott Bonvoy one (canceled like a year ago). Both of us have 800+ credit scores.
you cant self refer its against the terms of service per household, glad they have a block in place now.

OK. I guess I'm glad too, I don't want to do anything shady! At least there is a reason for why I was denied.
so you got denied or got the pop-up? if you got the pop up it's probably from that if its denied different story.
also, im sure someone can invite you to dischurners on Reddit for a referral link but I think the public offer is 75k last time I checked at least. (was on resys site from what i remember)

I am thinking of branching out from Chase and Amex. Looking at the Capital One Venture card with the $95 annual fee. 75,000 miles plus $200 avelo credit(flying them this year) plus TSA pre check credit (need to renew 3 this year)

Are capital one miles easy to use?
I just used some of my miles for Disney Tickets purchased through Undercover Tourist. Nice way to get tickets paid for.

Good morning! I'm looking for advice on a travel rewards credit card. We took our "once in a lifetime" family trip to Disney in December, and they got us hooked 😂. I would love to find ways to contribute to a more budget friendly trip back. Here's my info, I appreciate your help.

1) First off, we are going to want you to list ALL credit cards you were approved for in the last 24 months.

08/22 - American Express Hilton Honors (which I actually haven't yet used, see why I need help 😁)

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • Spend at least $2000/month in groceries/expenses
  • Pay off in full each month, never pay interest
  • Flew out if Kalamazoo, MI with Avelo this year and would do again. Grand Rapids, MI (GRR) would be more closer, but generally we would always pick a direct flight for the best price or dates we need.
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? NO
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport? YES
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? We stay at Hilton's a few nights a year, normally, but not a strong preference.
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? NO
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? Disney Trip, November 2023. We'll also take a smaller trip or two this year, planning on spending $2000+ during spring break, most likely at Kalahari.
  • Who does your travel party consist of? Myself, Husband & 3 kids (2 teenagers, 1 elementary school age)
Hi there! I too am from Michigan and fly out of Grand Rapids. Did you know that Frontier flies directly to Orlando from Grand Rapids? On top of that, if you buy your tickets at the airport, you save around $20-40 for each person in your group off the cost of their flight as compared to online! Round trip I usually spend between $50-80 per person in my group, that is us only taking a personal item and not paying for any extra luggage or seating. I have a piece of luggage that is as close to the allowed personal item dimensions as possible, that I use for all my trips and have never really run into any issues. If all your tickets are purchased with the same CC, your party will be seated together on the plane, no need to pay extra for seats then.

I know it must seem like I work for Frontier or something LOL, but I do not, I just really like their product and I am just looking for a vehicle to take me to Florida as cheaply as possible, they tick all the boxes.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the info on Capital One and Navy Fed. I just got approved for the venture card! 75,000 miles plus the $200 Avelo credit seem decent to me. I need to book my flights for May asap so decided to just try for the card.

I am a Navy fed member(have the basic card sock drawere) I will have to check out the flagship card after I meet this MSR.

Is there anyway to get the Venture card expedited? I need to pay for some books and stuff for DD18 before she goes back to school and it would be nice to knock off some off the spend.

LOL I'm in the middle of a "fight" with Chase. I had a 10% back offer for Kate Spade (outlet or surprise). Back in Nov. I bought a purse from Kate Spade Surprise for $140ish, so should have gotten $14 back. I didn't appear so I sent them a SM and after back and forth for a while, they are claiming my purchase was made from the Kate Spade regular site, not the surprise. Well, first of all, I'm too cheap to pay full price for almost anything! My latest response yesterday included a screenshot of my order where it clearly states surprise. I should probably let it go, but now it's the principle of it because I am not wrong! LOL! I let one go last year when my daughter got an oil change at Valvoline, should have got around $20 back but never did. I know it's only $14, but I specifically used that card because it had the offer, grrrr!
was it at a mall?
I had an similar issue which i noticed, when you swipe your card, it charges as the "mall name" first before it defaults to the store name. My AO never coded because of that. I usually avoid that mall now and go to the malls the code directly.

was it at a mall?
I had an similar issue which i noticed, when you swipe your card, it charges as the "mall name" first before it defaults to the store name. My AO never coded because of that. I usually avoid that mall now and go to the malls the code directly.

Nope, it was online, through the Kate Spade Surprise link.

Hi there! I too am from Michigan and fly out of Grand Rapids. Did you know that Frontier flies directly to Orlando from Grand Rapids? On top of that, if you buy your tickets at the airport, you save around $20-40 for each person in your group off the cost of their flight as compared to online! Round trip I usually spend between $50-80 per person in my group, that is us only taking a personal item and not paying for any extra luggage or seating. I have a piece of luggage that is as close to the allowed personal item dimensions as possible, that I use for all my trips and have never really run into any issues. If all your tickets are purchased with the same CC, your party will be seated together on the plane, no need to pay extra for seats then.

I know it must seem like I work for Frontier or something LOL, but I do not, I just really like their product and I am just looking for a vehicle to take me to Florida as cheaply as possible, they tick all the boxes.
Thanks so much, I will definitely look into that! I just happened to come across Avelo when planning our December trip and it worked out perfectly for us to fly out the Friday night that the kids got out of school for winter break, so I went with it. The prices weren't horrible, but by the time I added a carry-on and picking seats, it definitely added up.

How many days worth of clothes do you fit in your personal item, do you do laundry? We planned on 7 days for our last trip and actually ended up staying 10 days, due to the blizzard. With a personal item. + Carry-on I ended up having to do laundry, and it wasn't really as bad as I imagined. Plus we won't really need a lot of souvenirs since we've already done "the big trip", so you're inspiring me to try to convince my family we can just take a personal item 😁.

Have been chatting with AA for 2 hours, our AA flights from DFW to LAX for our JAL flights were changed. We were in business for the leg right before our JAL flight but when they did a schedule change they moved us to a new flight in Economy. I prefer this flight because it gives us a longer connection time in LAX but I would like to fly business from DFW to LAX.
They say I can cancel and rebook in business class, not happening I'm NEVER cancelling that flight. I would rather fly in economy to LAX than risk loosing our JAL J seats. I don't understand why they just can't move us to business, they aren't saying we aren't eligible for J seats, but they are saying the system won't allow them to move us.

Have been chatting with AA for 2 hours, our AA flights from DFW to LAX for our JAL flights were changed. We were in business for the leg right before our JAL flight but when they did a schedule change they moved us to a new flight in Economy. I prefer this flight because it gives us a longer connection time in LAX but I would like to fly business from DFW to LAX.
They say I can cancel and rebook in business class, not happening I'm NEVER cancelling that flight. I would rather fly in economy to LAX than risk loosing our JAL J seats. I don't understand why they just can't move us to business, they aren't saying we aren't eligible for J seats, but they are saying the system won't allow them to move us.
I'd probably HUCA. Some CSRs just don't want to do the extra work to get you into biz class.

Also the chat feature in the AA app is very useful. I've used it before and found the CSR went above and beyond to help me.

AMEX DP

I just called AMEX for the 3rd time to check on a retention offer for my Platinum personal cc. I guess the 3rd time really is the charm. The first time I used chat and did not receive anything. The second time I called and was told they could give me a special discount to use MR's to pay the AF. The third time they offered me a discount again to use MR's to pay the AF. I said no thank you because I want the MR's for flights. Then they offered me 45,000 MR's with a $4,000 spend in 3 months. I accepted the offer because I want more MR's for a future trip.

I opened the card in 12/21 so I have had it for just 1 year. I would have kept the card for a second year without the offer but I will probably get another MR card with a lower AF this year and not renew next time. I struggle to use all of the credits/benefits to make it worth the high AF without receiving bonus MR's. Thanks to everyone for posting their experiences and encouraging checking often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter