• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

thanks for the quick answer. I don't know what I mean. LOL. I'm looking at applying for an Amex Business Platinum, which has a $400 per year Dell credit divided into $200 every six months. I need a new computer (probably around $1000) so I'm trying to see if I can buy gift cards to offset my price in a year (before I cancel the card, I should have $600)

The only way you can store up the credits is if you buy Xbox GC from Dell and use it at Microsoft.

Too bad about the weather - I wouldn't be too upset missing Nassau but missing Coco Cay would be a big miss - though I guess if the weather isn't good then maybe not so much.

Are you enjoying the ship? We are contemplating trying her for our first Disney Cruise - would be adults only - we are seasoned cruisers, just never with Disney. Would welcome your thoughts on suitability for a couples long weekend trip on the Wish.
I “wish” I could help but we are actually on the RCCL Freedom of the Seas. She was trying to pull in so I took pictures from our balcony.

Coco Cay is the RCCL private island. We did make it to the dock and despite the wind and cooler temps, we had a nice visit without getting near the pool or ocean.

Assuming you mean the Xbox Gift Cards that Dell sells, then yes, but if you do it too often you can be put on Dell's "naughty" list and they will start canceling your orders. I got through $1200 worth for my Surface Pro before they shut me down, so you probably have some leeway.
You’re lucky. I got $400 Xbox gift cards, and every order since has been cancelled. I honestly just want to use them for an Xbox for my son. I’ve never known a company to not want to sell people things. I’m baffled by the whole thing.

I read last week that Dell has some limit on the number of orders you can place every six months. I am pretty near that limit with two Biz Platinum cards. Thankfully my order of an Xbox elite controller went through last week. Dell is a weird company and I don't think they like people actually using the Amex credits.
I am pretty sure it is not accurate based on the number of orders I put through in 2 days at the end of the year. (Yes, I was procrastinating.)

I would like to do the Chase $900 bonus. Not sure about the DD requirements though, I read through the list and still somewhat confused. DH gets a monthly pension from his old employer which is a pain to switch to another deposit account, can't do online. He also gets a monthly annuity payout from an insurance company, I may try that first to see if it works (how will I know if it worked to trigger the bonus?) and if not get him to call to switch the pension. Somewhat good timing for the savings account as my Ally bonus required I keep the money in until Jan 15, can withdraw some of it this week.
Chase posts bonuses for DD on Tuesdays. If you get a DD on Friday, the following Tuesday would show the bonus. (Monday is too close, those would show the week after on Tuesday) Even if they are delayed, you'd know by the next been Tuesday if something worked. Makes them easy to try different things to see if it worked, because you'd know for sure within 2 weeks

So I think it's a good plan to try the easy one first, you'd know pretty quickly if you need to change something else.
Silly question that I'm probably the only person who does not know.... I have a Disney Premium CC and took advantage of the sign-on bonus. I received an email about the new card designs. I was thinking about the new metal one. Do they cancel your other card? or do we keep the same number and everything? I currently have a design I also like and would like to switch them out sometimes.
I can't imagine it would change for the metal card, but currently when you request a new design everything is the same about the card except the security code. IME you can use either card. They just reprint your card and sent it to you, nothing changes with your account.

Can you all help me decide on a Chase Southwest card? For a family member who has recently relocated to a Southwest "hub" (and has never had any of the SW CCs). Does have 2 Ink cards and a "business" (so either personal or business card would be okay).

Comparing business cards:
* the "performance" has a SUB of 80,000 points and an AF of $199 (with 9,000 bonus anniversary points)
* the "premier" has a SUB of 60,000 points and an AF of $99 (with 6,000 bonus anniversary points)

For personal cards:
* the "plus" has a SUB of 50,000 and an AF of $69 (with 3,000 bonus anniversary points)
* the "priority" has a SUB of 50,000 and an AF of $149 (with 7,500 bonus anniversary points (and a $75 credit?))
* the "premier" has a SUB of 50,000 and an AF of $99 (with 6,000 bonus anniversary points)

I haven't included the different MS requirements because even the highest MS will be easily met.

We are not a SW family (SW hasn't flown to or from our usual destinations for many years) so I'm hoping those of you who are SW experts can help me here. The business premier looks like it might be the best combination of SUB and AF, but maybe the extra 20,000 points with the performance are worth the extra $100 AF.

Can you all help me decide on a Chase Southwest card? For a family member who has recently relocated to a Southwest "hub" (and has never had any of the SW CCs). Does have 2 Ink cards and a "business" (so either personal or business card would be okay).

Comparing business cards:
* the "performance" has a SUB of 80,000 points and an AF of $199 (with 9,000 bonus anniversary points)
* the "premier" has a SUB of 60,000 points and an AF of $99 (with 6,000 bonus anniversary points)

For personal cards:
* the "plus" has a SUB of 50,000 and an AF of $69 (with 3,000 bonus anniversary points)
* the "priority" has a SUB of 50,000 and an AF of $149 (with 7,500 bonus anniversary points (and a $75 credit?))
* the "premier" has a SUB of 50,000 and an AF of $99 (with 6,000 bonus anniversary points)

I haven't included the different MS requirements because even the highest MS will be easily met.

We are not a SW family (SW hasn't flown to or from our usual destinations for many years) so I'm hoping those of you who are SW experts can help me here. The business premier looks like it might be the best combination of SUB and AF, but maybe the extra 20,000 points with the performance are worth the extra $100 AF.
It depends if they are going to use the 4 upgraded boarding or the onboard WiFi credits $8 each device and the upgraded boardings are $50 from ISP to MCO so I went with the performance card

Last edited:
How do you know which stores have L3 data and which ones don't?

Old article but it shows the example. It'll list in the posted transaction what was purchased. I think the l3 data at office supply stores is what probably started the don't use your amex for gc during msr. I wouldn't meet the whole thing with gc at the grocery store but buying some there shouldn't cause issues.

Edit - forgot the link :badpc:

thanks for the quick answer. I don't know what I mean. LOL. I'm looking at applying for an Amex Business Platinum, which has a $400 per year Dell credit divided into $200 every six months. I need a new computer (probably around $1000) so I'm trying to see if I can buy gift cards to offset my price in a year (before I cancel the card, I should have $600)
You can store up to $1,000 in your Microsoft account at any one time. If you only have one Biz Plat, then purchase $200 in Xbox Gift Cards and load them into your Microsoft account before July 1, then do it again after July 1 and you will have -$400 on any purchase of a Microsoft Surface Laptop. They also have other brands on their store like HP/Razer, but its limited supply and the specs vary.

Alternatively, you can get $200 off a Dell product. If you have multiple Biz Plats, you can split payment (up to 3 cards) for a $600 discount on a Dell product. I went with the Microsoft Surface Pro 9 because I wanted a tablet/laptop hybrid for travel and it rated higher than the XPS 13 2-in-1, plus I was able to get $1200 off my purchase (spent $200 on accessories, then reloaded to the max $1k).

I think I may have figured a way to hit a $15k spend for amex. Has anyone done the bank account for a "business"? Any advice?
DH and I both just did this and for us it asked for business documents- I guess it doesn’t ask that for everyone. For DH he was logged in and I tried it for me not logged in and both times it asked for docs. I couldn’t find any DP on what to upload so I just uploaded a copy of our driver’s license and then it was instantly approved.

Dell also sells the Xbox
Thank you. I only see the Series S, which is what he currently has. I was thinking I would easily use my Dell credits to update him to the X, by buying gift cards. I knew the difficulties people were having, but to actually experience the frustration is mind boggling. I don’t understand the rationale for canceling these orders. Like they’ve deemed themselves the gift card police. I’m extra spicy about it at the moment because of 4 cancellations in the past week 🤬

Thank you. I only see the Series S, which is what he currently has. I was thinking I would easily use my Dell credits to update him to the X, by buying gift cards. I knew the difficulties people were having, but to actually experience the frustration is mind boggling. I don’t understand the rationale for canceling these orders. Like they’ve deemed themselves the gift card police. I’m extra spicy about it at the moment because of 4 cancellations in the past week 🤬

They are ridiculous. I had a canceled Xbox GC order and then they sent me the GC after I placed an order for something else and used the credit. You can try adding a physical item to the GCs and calling in to place your order. I have gotten a few that way too.

They are ridiculous. I had a canceled Xbox GC order and then they sent me the GC after I placed an order for something else and used the credit. You can try adding a physical item to the GCs and calling in to place your order. I have gotten a few that way too.
Hopefully they come back in stock. They told me my orders were canceled due to low stock, and now they are unavailable on the website. I have a feeling with all the recent problems they’ve had (people getting gift cards that had been cancelled months ago) my orders are caught up in some type of Dell-Xbox meltdown 😂 Either way if/when they come back online I intend to call.

Hello. Today I applied for the Capital One Walmart card bc we do prob 75% of our grocery shopping there and they are excluded from most of my other cards w good cb on groceries. I have another Cap one card that I’ve had for years so I didn’t expect it to be an issue. But they want me to send in bank statements or w-2 to verify my income I guess. That seems weird to me. I’ve never ever had another card do that. My credit score is 760 so shouldn’t be that. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there any way around sending them that? Bc it just seems weird to send them that stuff.

Hello. Today I applied for the Capital One Walmart card bc we do prob 75% of our grocery shopping there and they are excluded from most of my other cards w good cb on groceries. I have another Cap one card that I’ve had for years so I didn’t expect it to be an issue. But they want me to send in bank statements or w-2 to verify my income I guess. That seems weird to me. I’ve never ever had another card do that. My credit score is 760 so shouldn’t be that. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there any way around sending them that? Bc it just seems weird to send them that stuff.

Some banks want proof of income which has nothing to do with your credit score. Something you input on the app or that's on your credit report has caused them to queation your income so they want proof. Not common but it does happen.

I am pretty sure it is not accurate based on the number of orders I put through in 2 days at the end of the year. (Yes, I was procrastinating.)
It seems to be that certain people are having issues. It was a big post on Doc last week. Maybe they've been flagged for other reasons. My takeaway is to be careful with Dell orders.

Also, I generally don't have issues buying Xbox gift cards and have bought a fair amount but other people do.

Did you call them? That is how I've gotten them in the past when my orders got canceled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter