I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I’m sort of freaking out. I think I used the wrong referral link for DH’s CIU card. I don’t see the SUB tracker on DH’s login screen. Is this normal?
Might take a day or 2 for it to show up. You have to click through the UR section to see the tracker. If he was approved he’ll get the bonus. Don’t worry.
Do you both apply at the same time, or do you have one apply and then three months later, the other applies?
You can both apply at the same time.

Credit Sesame just provides a trans union score and then grades for various components of the score. All other categories showed “A” except for Credit Mix, which said “C”, but it also said it accounted for only 10%. Then it was just trying to suggest new cards to apply for, so I was questioning if it was even legit? I guess I’ll try credit karma next time.

Credit karma does the same thing basically. Nothing personal in what it shows has impact. My scores are 828 and 831. They don't show mix of credit but I wouldn't worry about anything that's a low impact esp if your score is good. If you were working to increase it then it could be helpful but there would probably be other things that help more.

I also only have cc's and my student loan, though my mortgage history should show up for another 5 years I think.

It actually had the amex vanilla plat as a rec on the main page, so finally a decent card though only an 80k sub and I already have the card.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230306-194202.png
    Screenshot_20230306-194202.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 3
Credit karma does the same thing basically. Nothing personal in what it shows has impact. My scores are 828 and 831. They don't show mix of credit but I wouldn't worry about anything that's a low impact esp if your score is good. If you were working to increase it then it could be helpful but there would probably be other things that help more.

I also only have cc's and my student loan, though my mortgage history should show up for another 5 years I think.

It actually had the amex vanilla plat as a rec on the main page, so finally a decent card though only an 80k sub and I already have the card.
Thank you! Our scores were 824 & 828, which I thought were decent and wouldn’t have been concerned except for the flag. It sounds like I don’t need to stress about it.

I’m sooo… “forgetful” I guess is a better/nicer word 😅 I was waiting for DH’s new CIU to come in thinking, oh great, we can make all our Japan ticket purchases, like Disney tickets, JR Rail pass, Teamlab tickets, etc on it and easily that’s $1000 of spend. Oops, forgot about foreign transaction fees. Guess these are all going on the CSP instead 😭 Side note… we’re getting really excited, as we approach the 60 day mark!

I just did exactly the same thing! Luckily I double checked about foreign transaction fees. Just made my first ever Staples Visa run to help meet the CIU SUB so that the Japan spend can go on my CSP. 62 days and counting!!!

I'm annoyed at IHG. I was one of the ones who got the diamond elite status last year and just needed 10 nights to remain diamond for 2023. I had 9 already and then we spent a night at a Kimpton on New Year's eve specifically for that purpose. But apparently it credited in 2023, NOT 2022 even though that is the night we spent there. I know I shouldn't be upset because normally you have to stay like a billion nights to achieve diamond, but we would NOT have spent the money, etc. to stay on NYE had I known that! I am bumped down to Platinum which isn't bad, but Diamond got free breakfast which was at least $60 worth at Kimpton.

All that to say, we need 2 nights pre-cruise and 1 night post-cruise in Seattle in May. Typically I would stay with IHG but now I am open if anyone has a good suggestions, neither of us has been to Seattle before.

IHG might manually adjust the stay to 2022 if you request it, according to this article. You might DM IHG rewards on Twitter first and if that doesn't work, call the Diamond desk to request the manual adjustment.

Please report back if you have any success with this having them credit it to 2022. Per the same article, Hyatt would also consider manually adjusting for a NYE stay.

One other note for the future to keep Diamond status if it's worth it to you. You can pay $200 or 40kpts to join their Ambassador program and that extends your Diamond status another 12 months. It's sort of a back door secret to maintain status, and isn't necessarily promised, but works consistently. There's often promotions on that $200 if you stay a night by a certain date, like get 20k pts back. But if your status has already dropped, the Ambassador trick won't work, it would just extend your Platinum status.

What site does everyone use to monitor credit. We have been using credit sesame and I’m wondering if there is a better source we could refer to? Our scores are strong, but the one item that continues to appear is that we both need a better debt mix. We currently have just a mortgage and various revolving chase cards that we pay in full. We don’t really need or want another loan, so trying to figure out a way to get a better debt mix without taking out another loan? TIA
I use www.creditchecktotal.com which is now Experian. Free account and allows me to see all three FICO scores and reports for $1. Was useful when homebuying last year.
In order to get max points for Credit mix you need one installment loan with less than 10% owed and at least three revolving accounts with a balance reported on one. But as long as you have an installment loan and three revolving accounts you aren't missing more than a few points. I usually ignore whatever "recommendations" those companies give.

IHG Premier cc..175k bonus.... I'm still holding my old school $49 cc with IHG, according to what I"ve read, I can't go for this if I have the other still? I don't want to give up that $49 night yearly.....
Yep. They changed so now just one IHG personal. I have both the premier and $49 AF card. I got both before they changed the language. I will hold on to both forever probably. You can get the IHG Biz card.

All this CiU has me thinking (serious FOMO) and I saw upthread a while back that someone mentioned venmo as an option for msr? Anyone actually doing this still?

I just did exactly the same thing! Luckily I double checked about foreign transaction fees. Just made my first ever Staples Visa run to help meet the CIU SUB so that the Japan spend can go on my CSP. 62 days and counting!!!
I may have to do the same thing, go for a Staples run. And we're only a day behind you!

My new card is in my informed delivery Daily Digest today. I didn't ask for expedited shipping. This is the fastest card delivery, non-expedited I've ever received. Right on time also - have car maintenance on two vehicles this week. Apped on Friday and it said 3-5 business days. Today would be 3rd business day counting Friday when I apped. Way to go, Chase!

DH got instant approval for CIU with my referral link. My link was for 20k and the CIU was for the 90k bonus. I heard it was reduced to 75k, but we still secured the 90k today.

What site does everyone use to monitor credit. We have been using credit sesame and I’m wondering if there is a better source we could refer to? Our scores are strong, but the one item that continues to appear is that we both need a better debt mix. We currently have just a mortgage and various revolving chase cards that we pay in full. We don’t really need or want another loan, so trying to figure out a way to get a better debt mix without taking out another loan? TIA
I paid out for most of my last car but then financed a bit. After 6 months, paid the financed amount in full. Interest rate was tiny at the time.

Applied for the CIU card two days ago when it still had the $900 bonus at $6k spend. Used my business but put my wife's name and SSN, and got the dreaded "we need more time". Ugh. I only have one current card under this business and my wife only has two cards. I used to have a CIC under her name but she closed that a good year plus ago. Is there a number to check status on a business card application?

IHG might manually adjust the stay to 2022 if you request it, according to this article. You might DM IHG rewards on Twitter first and if that doesn't work, call the Diamond desk to request the manual adjustment.

Please report back if you have any success with this having them credit it to 2022. Per the same article, Hyatt would also consider manually adjusting for a NYE stay.

One other note for the future to keep Diamond status if it's worth it to you. You can pay $200 or 40kpts to join their Ambassador program and that extends your Diamond status another 12 months. It's sort of a back door secret to maintain status, and isn't necessarily promised, but works consistently. There's often promotions on that $200 if you stay a night by a certain date, like get 20k pts back. But if your status has already dropped, the Ambassador trick won't work, it would just extend your Platinum status.

I called back in January when I saw the date it posted, no go. My account still said Diamond until the end of February then back to Platinum in March.

IHG Premier cc..175k bonus.... I'm still holding my old school $49 cc with IHG, according to what I"ve read, I can't go for this if I have the other still? I don't want to give up that $49 night yearly.....

I have the 49$ card. Not giving it up. I am going for the biz card later this year so I get my 2 fNC's around the same time. Biz is 140k right about now unless I'm not remembering correctly. If it jumps up I'll do it sooner. Two IHG cards are enough for me. I also have 4 Marriott cards for FNC's and a bunch of Radisson points which now work for Choice hotels. Plus Hyatt points and UR's to feed my Hyatt habit. I use the FNC's on my I 95 trips south and this plan always saves me cash out of pocket. Hyatt I use at the beach in summer. Nothing aspirational, just half price or less travel that is in my normal routine. Between free nights and points I haven't paid direct cash in maybe 8 years. Most of the rooms are $175 plus tax and up. I do Staples Visa or MC 1K a month usually to get 60K UR a year for Hyatt transfer, plus I already have a stash. I also just got a CIU for the 90K to gas up my UR balance. And then I spend the gift cards at Costco, the Vet, on car maintenance and whatever else. I've never done the money order thing but had considered it. Now it looks to be bust.

Applied for the CIU card two days ago when it still had the $900 bonus at $6k spend. Used my business but put my wife's name and SSN, and got the dreaded "we need more time". Ugh. I only have one current card under this business and my wife only has two cards. I used to have a CIC under her name but she closed that a good year plus ago. Is there a number to check status on a business card application?
2 years ago when I got a CIC I called the number on my Chase Freedom and they redirected me to whoever does the card. It was just reallocating credit around my biz cards. They wanted 5K for the CIC. This time, instant approval for a $3k limit on my CIU. I have to call so will move again from my Chase Marriott Bonvoy biz card so I can knock out the spend with ease.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter