• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I have some food recommendations! i loved the Po boys and onion rings from Mahonys and we tried the beignets from cafe beignet and cafe du monde. We preferred cafe du monde. And we really liked Gus’s worked famous fried chicken. What activities do you have planned?

The game was so much fun. I’d love to do that again. What team do you root for?
We have reservations at Muriel's and Court of Two Sisters, a swamp tour, & a paddle wheel river cruise to a battlefield. Plan to hit Cafe Du Monde and Central Grocery as well. Really looking forward to some good food.
We cheer for Tottenham. Sadly they have lost 2 managers (fired/quit), fitness coach (died) and director of football (quit after banned by FIFA over incident while at another club.) Plus some awful, uninspired play from the actual players. Really hard to watch this year. But last years game we attended was excellent when they beat Newcastle 5-1.

We have reservations at Muriel's and Court of Two Sisters, a swamp tour, & a paddle wheel river cruise to a battlefield. Plan to hit Cafe Du Monde and Central Grocery as well. Really looking forward to some good food.
We cheer for Tottenham. Sadly they have lost 2 managers (fired/quit), fitness coach (died) and director of football (quit after banned by FIFA over incident while at another club.) Plus some awful, uninspired play from the actual players. Really hard to watch this year. But last years game we attended was excellent when they beat Newcastle 5-1.

Sounds like a fun trip!

Sorry about you club. DH says I should root for Brighton since they are sponsored by Amex lol

Dh and I are gonna try to stay up past 1 am this weekend so we can figure out exactly when AA releases their JAL flights since we’ll hopefully be booking our flights soon. I wish we could get first instead of business but business is hard enough to get lol

I live in Baton Rouge about a hour from New Orleans. My mom is obsessed with The Court of Two Sisters. If it isn't too hot when you visit I would sit outside. My wife and I like going for a Friday or Saturday night for a date night and we always go to Katie's for brunch. The National WWII museum is great to visit. Also doing one of the night time ghost tours is really fun if you're into that sort of thing. The Saenger Theater usually has some great plays, musical acts, comedians, etc. So I would check their schedule when you're there. Recently I've seen Elf, The Book of Mormon, Mean Girls, and The Lion King there.

I live in Baton Rouge about a hour from New Orleans. My mom is obsessed with The Court of Two Sisters. If it isn't too hot when you visit I would sit outside. My wife and I like going for a Friday or Saturday night for a date night and we always go to Katie's for brunch. The National WWII museum is great to visit. Also doing one of the night time ghost tours is really fun if you're into that sort of thing. The Saenger Theater usually has some great plays, musical acts, comedians, etc. So I would check their schedule when you're there. Recently I've seen Elf, The Book of Mormon, Mean Girls, and The Lion King there.
We have been to Court of Two Sisters in the past (long time ago). Loved their jazz brunch outside. Have booked Sunday brunch. Thanks for the confirmation of WWll museum, on our list if time. The trip is a re-book of a COVID cancellation but now it's mostly to celebrate DS's 8th grade graduation. As such ghost tours and theater are off the table. Lol. (Pre-kid we did an awesome ghost/cemetery tour in Charleston but DS is not into it. He doesn't even really like Haunted Mansion! ) History like Civil War or WWll are good, he likes that stuff.

Vegas can be super cheap on weekdays, so you might want to check cash rates first. Or if you want to stay near the show, the Venetian can be booked with IHG points. Not sure if it's worth it, maybe if they jack up the rates on show nights

Wow yes, some rates are literally $300 less than 2 days later. I will have to play with the dates and the properties to see what makes the most sense. I think we'll do 2 nights in Vegas and maybe 2-3 in the Bryce Zion area, so will play around with what order makes sense. Thanks for the post. (The Venetian is like 52k in pts, so going cash might make sense.)

We have been to Court of Two Sisters in the past (long time ago). Loved their jazz brunch outside. Have booked Sunday brunch. Thanks for the confirmation of WWll museum, on our list if time. The trip is a re-book of a COVID cancellation but now it's mostly to celebrate DS's 8th grade graduation. As such ghost tours and theater are off the table. Lol. (Pre-kid we did an awesome ghost/cemetery tour in Charleston but DS is not into it. He doesn't even really like Haunted Mansion! ) History like Civil War or WWll are good, he likes that stuff.
I haven't been but I have heard amazing things about the WWII museum, as well.

I have some expenses coming up that I'd like to earn points for. Could I get some recommendations on what card to get next (I know Chase is out)?

Here is what's been opened over the last 24 months:
AMEX Marriott Bonvoy (3/23)
AMEX Gold (10/22)
AMEX Platinum (6/22)
Chase SWA RR (3/22)
Citi Premier (11/21)
Chase Sapphire Preferred (7/21)

We are hoping to go to Italy fall 2024 or early spring of 2025 if that helps. Together we have about 250000 MR and 250000 UR. We've used all of the Citi Points.

@*WDW*Groupie* thanks again for the Monty the bulldog tip. I asked last night and they said they would have it delivered today. Got back this evening and no Monty. I asked again when we came back from dinner and they sent him straight up.

I want to echo what you said previously about the location of the Conrad. For anyone planning a London trip, it is a fabulous location. From what I have seen, they do a great job of catering to every type of guest. I have seen them interact with biz travelers, families with young children. and regular tourists like us. I will do a write up of our hotels on the hotel thread when I get back.

I have some expenses coming up that I'd like to earn points for. Could I get some recommendations on what card to get next (I know Chase is out)?

AMEX Gold (10/22)
AMEX Platinum (6/22)
Chase SWA RR (3/22)
Citi Premier (11/21)

We are hoping to go to Italy fall 2024 or early spring of 2025 if that helps. Together we have about 250000 MR and 250000 UR. We've used all of the Citi Points.
Depending on how much your expenses are I’d be looking at the Biz Plat 150k, Biz Gold 130k, or the personal green has a new increased 60k MR offer all through support links if you or a P2 has the ability to support from your cards.

ETA: if you can support from your Gold card there’s currently an elevated support offer to earn an additional 5x points if the other person is approved. Which would have you earning 9x points on groceries and dining. An amazing benefit in addition to the bonus offer on the other approved card.

DH just approved through my support link for the Amex Personal Green. I was seeing so many DPs of people getting the pop-up through support, that I figured he would too. Nope, haha. Instant approval. I’m truly grateful AMEX has been loving us the past couple of years. Here’s the Doc link if anyone is interested in the offer.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...ignup-bonus-best-ever-available-via-referral/

AMEX Gold (10/22)
AMEX Platinum (6/22)
Chase SWA RR (3/22)
Citi Premier (11/21)

All three of the Amex Hilton cards have elevated offers right now, most which include a free night certificate. If you want to explore a new ecosystem, I think the Capital One Venture card might have a decent sub right now as well.

If you are open to biz cards (and now might be a great time, since you'll drop to 4/24 in November!!!), Amex biz cards are very simple to obtain and you're already familiar with their currency.

DH just approved through my support link for the Amex Personal Green. I was seeing so many DPs of people getting the pop-up through support, that I figured he would too. Nope, haha. Instant approval. I’m truly grateful AMEX has been loving us the past couple of years. Here’s the Doc link if anyone is interested in the offer.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...ignup-bonus-best-ever-available-via-referral/
I saw this offer too. We have both been in pop up jail for years. We need a new card asap. Now do I try for another Ink, or try this? we are 3/24 and 4/24 currently.

Does anyone currently hold more than 2 of the CIC and CIU? We need a new card (again) and p2 currently has two open of each.

I’ve got 3 CICs and 1 CIU - but I got the 3rd CIC through a PC from a CIP. I’d really love a 4th one. I use no fee gift cards to pay my kids’ tuition, and I fly through those $25k caps!
I have 4 CIC's. Getting ready to close 2 of them as its been over a year and like @iujen94, I use the fee free VGC's to pay tuition so between DH & I we can fly through some MSR's.

I saw this offer too. We have both been in pop up jail for years. We need a new card asap. Now do I try for another Ink, or try this? we are 3/24 and 4/24 currently.
Ink all the way. I was approved on the afternoon of 5/16 and had it in hand my this afternoon (5/18) after requesting it be expedited, so could be really helpful with asap.

But with Amex, you can often get instant card numbers. If you don't need the instant card number desperately, then I think the Ink is a much better deal.

Ink all the way. I was approved on the afternoon of 5/16 and had it in hand my this afternoon (5/18) after requesting it be expedited, so could be really helpful with asap.

But with Amex, you can often get instant card numbers. If you don't need the instant card number desperately, then I think the Ink is a much better deal.
That’s what I was thinking. Love expedited cards. Just worried with 2 of each we may be pushing it. 😝

Depending on when you’re going the central grocery may not be open. We visited over Easter and it was a shell for a building. They are working on it but last I heard was a few months till they’d be ready to open. They were selling their muffulettas at a few locations across town.

Attachments

• 232C30FE-12F9-4F22-B014-1AD7D17F217E.jpeg
    232C30FE-12F9-4F22-B014-1AD7D17F217E.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter