• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Has concierge reached out to you by email? They always have prior to our stays, and I typically request an upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite through them. I’ve been granted the upgrade both times, however last time it was an additional $80/night which we gladly paid for the extra space. Because the suite has a full dining room table we use our $50/day food credit for room service breakfast, which I’ve found to be quick and efficient. We’ve also used it for pool side drinks and snacks. They’ve been doing renovations on the rooms. Hopefully that won’t affect your stay. It was different for us our first time staying off Disney property, but ultimately we enjoyed our stay, and now the hotel has grown on us. I hope you enjoy your stay. I would also try to request a Disney view. If you’re in the room you can see Epcot fireworks, and Spaceship Earth lit up at night.

ETA: Our final bill has been incorrect on both of our stays. Highly recommend checking before you leave. Just an unfortunate quirk in an otherwise great stay.
Thank you for the tips!
I just checked our reservations and DH has been upgraded to TPV, but my reservation is not upgraded.
I did get an email from the concierge earlier today, thank for all the tips. I’ll be requesting an upgrade but it seems like the hotel is sold out Saturday night.

P2 is okay to go for another Ink.

Amex MRs are good to transfer to airline partners for biz class flights. They're easier to amass a lot of than URs if you're okay with high MSR and high AF. There is an offer on the biz gold for 150k MR, $10k spend. AF is still $295 (going up in Feb) and comes with a $20 monthly credit for office supply stores/Grubhub/Fedex. On the biz plat 190k, $15k spend. AF $695, but it's triple dip season. If you apply now, you can use the airline credit 3 times on one AF, the Dell credit 4 times. You may have to try different ways to pull up these elevated offers.
Talk to me about this "triple dip". I've got a 20K tuition spend coming up so this might be a good time to do the platinum biz. The triple dip could very well help me justify the fee!

Talk to me about this "triple dip". I've got a 20K tuition spend coming up so this might be a good time to do the platinum biz. The triple dip could very well help me justify the fee!
Business Platinum gives you a $200 airline credit for "incidentals" on a selected airline (intended for things like in flight purchases and seat upgrades). The easiest way to use it is to buy $200 in United Travel Bank funds, which don't expire for several years or to use a $50 Delta e-gift card and have the remaining amount of less than $200 put on the ABP (sometimes an amount slightly over also triggers the credit, but I try to find $245-250 flights for best results on Delta). Those two "loopholes" trigger the credit. Unlike Chase, the Amex flight credit renews on calendar year, instead of cardmember year. So, spend the $200 in Dec 2023, any time in 2024 and then January 2025 within 30 days of the annual fee hitting, then cancel for a full refund of the second year annual fee.

Given that you have the CP and room on your X/24 count, I would recommend the Southwest Personal cards that are at an elevated offer of 75,000 miles/$3,000 spend. I'd even consider double dipping them and going to 3/24 on each player if you can meet the spend. Some websites are reporting the elevated offer will end 12/11. As long as you manage your credit lines and overall credit with Chase, I don't think velocity will be a problem in this one instance.
Thank you for this!!

P2 is okay to go for another Ink.

Amex MRs are good to transfer to airline partners for biz class flights. They're easier to amass a lot of than URs if you're okay with high MSR and high AF. There is an offer on the biz gold for 150k MR, $10k spend. AF is still $295 (going up in Feb) and comes with a $20 monthly credit for office supply stores/Grubhub/Fedex. On the biz plat 190k, $15k spend. AF $695, but it's triple dip season. If you apply now, you can use the airline credit 3 times on one AF, the Dell credit 4 times. You may have to try different ways to pull up these elevated offers.
Ohhhh, interesting - thank you so much!

I need to close my Biz Plat soon, and have over 198K MRs in it. In an odd twist, I never could get this card to link up with my Amex biz card login, so it's like its own MR pool. Because of that, I don't have the Schwab cash out option like I do with my other MR pool, so I'd like to transfer to some travel partners. So, which transfer partners do you all like? I'm pondering AeroPlan and Virgin (since I have the transfer bonus available right now). I kind of wish I'd transferred back when AF/KLM had a transfer bonus, but I hesitated too long. Travel goals include getting to Europe, East Asia, and New Zealand, and maybe Africa for a safari. Any thoughts?

ETA: I considered ANA too, but am reading reports on FT that finding availability is really tight.

I need to apply for another Chase business card, but that would take me to 7 business card and 4 personal cards (the personal cards are all 4+ years).

Should I close the business cards? anyone have more than 6 business cards?
Once my Inks get to a year old, I close them. Don't need them in the long run and am always getting new Inks. That keeps my total credit with Chase lowered also, so I can continue to get new cards. I usually close my SW cards after a year also, as DH and I alternate the CP -so one of us always has the cards.

It always amazes me (and shouldn't) how clueless so many people are. I joined the CSR FB group and the questions are so basic, LOL. Like most of the people barely know the offers of the CSR, let alone anything more when it comes to this game. I realize we're a small group. My BF loves to tell the pilots he's flying w/ my various "scams". My family members always say I need to teach them too, LOL. Maybe my retirement gig can be offering classes via zoom to teach my ways...that and a hilton gig ;)

I always love reading your posts. I learn so much and am always amazed. :teeth:
LOL. I will say, I was telling my class how after I got back from Vegas (for work) I immediately hopped on a plane to Nashville for the night w/ the BF. And then I was telling them we were debating going to Mexico for the weekend. They all looked at me like I was insane. I forget often that my travel isn't normal. But I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface. There are people who stalk the loads for Delta One availability for Japan and will fly there and back just to be in D1! I'm not that crazy (yet). The BF has never had a travel list. Suddenly he's getting one. Amsterdam is on his list, and the Pyramids. My son recently told me he wants to go to Europe now to see various buildings. So I think my kids are maybe finally getting the travel bug, LOL.

Adult only or family friendly? June seems like it would be hot but maybe not as hot as I would expect?
They have both. We stay at the Royalton Riviera which has both a family and adults only side. We stay adults only. I know Planet Hollywood is normally in the 50-60k range in the summer. In June it's been warm (90's) but honestly we spend our time in the pool anyways, or doing water activities. Just be sure to crank the AC in your room, LOL. The Royalton Splash is newer and was available this week when we went for like 57k/nt. So you will likely have to top off. I think the most total we've had to add was 8k for the entire stay.

I need to close my Biz Plat soon, and have over 198K MRs in it. In an odd twist, I never could get this card to link up with my Amex biz card login, so it's like its own MR pool. Because of that, I don't have the Schwab cash out option like I do with my other MR pool, so I'd like to transfer to some travel partners. So, which transfer partners do you all like? I'm pondering AeroPlan and Virgin (since I have the transfer bonus available right now). I kind of wish I'd transferred back when AF/KLM had a transfer bonus, but I hesitated too long. Travel goals include getting to Europe, East Asia, and New Zealand, and maybe Africa for a safari. Any thoughts?

ETA: I considered ANA too, but am reading reports on FT that finding availability is really tight.

I thought Amex can combine the different MR pools when this happens. Did you already contact them with no luck?

I thought Amex can combine the different MR pools when this happens. Did you already contact them with no luck?
That's a great suggestion, and no I haven't yet. Partly because this is my 5th BizPlat and I don't want to draw eyes to my account if I can avoid it. Plus, I also have a targeted email for another BizPlat that I'm halfway considering doing, before closing #5.

Can you still buy gift cards using the Chase Freedom 10% offers? There are Best Buy and Lowes for 10% up to $25 back currently. I didn't see any terms excluding gift cards in those offers.

Do you guys have any examples of specific gift cards that expire? Some of the ones such as Home Depot specifically list no expiration, but some brands don't state either way.

Thank you

We need to use DH's AMEX $200 airline fee credit and I want to maker sure that I understand changes with SW. I can book a SW flight for $100 or less. Then a couple of days later I can change the flight to a different flight with a total price of about $100 more than the original flight and pay the additional amount. I can change the second flight to the flight that we want and pay the difference again. We do not need to cancel the flights and get travel credit for either of the first flights. Thanks.

I saw this comment on Reddit. Can someone shed some light? Sounds like MS that I could jump on.

"Fed up with a certain teen banking app. Attempted to fund with fixed BHN MCGC as usual, autodrains the card but glitches going in to the account. Apparently it’s an issue for all customers, not just MSers. Been waiting a week for the engineers to figure out how to give me back my money. Small amount in the grand scheme of the things and I’m glad I don’t have much tied up there."

Is it Greenlight?

I saw this comment on Reddit. Can someone shed some light? Sounds like MS that I could jump on.

"Fed up with a certain teen banking app. Attempted to fund with fixed BHN MCGC as usual, autodrains the card but glitches going in to the account. Apparently it’s an issue for all customers, not just MSers. Been waiting a week for the engineers to figure out how to give me back my money. Small amount in the grand scheme of the things and I’m glad I don’t have much tied up there."

Is it Greenlight?
I’m not 100% positive, but based on previous Reddit comments I would say yes.

I suspected a cashier at TJ Maxx did not give me my second bag, and I had the receipt. They used the receipt to look up the exact time on their footage. While I was on the call, they watched the footage and then told me to come in for the goods.

Also at Hobby Lobby, I thought I'd left my wallet at the register. When I called, they quickly pulled up the video and even told me I put my wallet in my right hand pocket! Turns out it slid out in the car and I was luckily able to retrieve it from between my seats.

I guess what I learned from these couple of instances was that it seems pretty easy to pull up video, at least for these couple of stores. I guess they're not pulling out VHS tapes, lol.

If they do review the footage of him at customer service and he leaves the gcs behind, it would be interesting if the footage shows the customer service team finding the gcs or another customer giving them to the team. It seems they would have to do something to refund you then, right?

It always amazes me (and shouldn't) how clueless so many people are. I joined the CSR FB group and the questions are so basic, LOL. Like most of the people barely know the offers of the CSR, let alone anything more when it comes to this game. I realize we're a small group. My BF loves to tell the pilots he's flying w/ my various "scams". My family members always say I need to teach them too, LOL. Maybe my retirement gig can be offering classes via zoom to teach my ways...that and a hilton gig ;)

LOL. I will say, I was telling my class how after I got back from Vegas (for work) I immediately hopped on a plane to Nashville for the night w/ the BF. And then I was telling them we were debating going to Mexico for the weekend. They all looked at me like I was insane. I forget often that my travel isn't normal. But I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface. There are people who stalk the loads for Delta One availability for Japan and will fly there and back just to be in D1! I'm not that crazy (yet). The BF has never had a travel list. Suddenly he's getting one. Amsterdam is on his list, and the Pyramids. My son recently told me he wants to go to Europe now to see various buildings. So I think my kids are maybe finally getting the travel bug, LOL.

They have both. We stay at the Royalton Riviera which has both a family and adults only side. We stay adults only. I know Planet Hollywood is normally in the 50-60k range in the summer. In June it's been warm (90's) but honestly we spend our time in the pool anyways, or doing water activities. Just be sure to crank the AC in your room, LOL. The Royalton Splash is newer and was available this week when we went for like 57k/nt. So you will likely have to top off. I think the most total we've had to add was 8k for the entire stay.
I LOVE Amstersdam! If you have Marriott FNCs you might be able to redeem them at the College Hotel; you‘d have to book pretty far in advance because award nights can be a bit hard to get closer to the dates you want to travel. But cash rates can be low during off and shoulder season. There’s also the Doubletree by the main train station that is well-located, gets good reviews and usually has good award space. There’s SO much to do there. If you want to see the Ann Frank house or the Van Gogh Museum (both of which I highly recommend) book your entry tickets before you leave to avoid disappointment.

Are there any fees if I use a credit card for PayPal for goods and services? I know the seller has fees I just want to be sure it’s not a cash advance on my card.

I LOVE Amstersdam! If you have Marriott FNCs you might be able to redeem them at the College Hotel; you‘d have to book pretty far in advance because award nights can be a bit hard to get closer to the dates you want to travel. But cash rates can be low during off and shoulder season. There’s also the Doubletree by the main train station that is well-located, gets good reviews and usually has good award space. There’s SO much to do there. If you want to see the Ann Frank house or the Van Gogh Museum (both of which I highly recommend) book your entry tickets before you leave to avoid disappointment.
Amsterdam has been on my list for a few years now. I finally have it booked for next summer, so I'm really hoping this trip actually happens. I haven never been there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter