I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Anyone been to the Hyatt Zilara Riviera Maya? Thinking of doing a short 4 night stay in December. DH has been bugging me about doing an AI for years now. (I'm just not that into All Inclusives. I remember going with my parents when I was younger.) We have two hiking based trips this year (Yellowstone/Tetons and Utah to finish off the big 5), so I was thinking an all inclusive at the end of the year would be a great way to recoup and relax. Looking at either Zilara RM or Secrets The Vine Cancun maybe. Trying to keep it to 25-30K pts a night.

We stayed at Hyatt Zilara in Cancun and LOVED it! It was pre-Covid though so I don't know if anything has changed.
Thanks. It looks like the Zilara Cancan and Zilara Riviera Maya are different properties. The one in Cancun is 40k/night. In Riviera Maya it's 25k/night, and closer to where we'd prefer to be for other activities.

Well, not fun data point on the CIC: P2 was just denied for too many recent requests and a recent Chase Biz. I've kept him at least at the 90 day mark and his last card was the SW Biz, before that was the SW Personal. I was denied recently for the same reasons, but I also had an Amex Hilton in there. We've been on the CIC/CIU train for a couple of years. That may be ending, or at least slowing. It's odd to sit around with no MSR.

I have the Southwest Biz Premier card that has this benefit:

Benefit Overview
When you use your Rapid Rewards Credit Card to transfer points to another Rapid Rewards Member, fees associated with the transfer will be reimbursed – up to $500 in statement credits per anniversary year.

I am the card holder. Can this be used to transfer points from DHs account to my account? Or only from my account to someone else?

Thanks!
It can be used to transfer points from your husbands account to yours….I have done it and was reimbursed

I recently won a trip which included my airfare. I just received word that the flight would be delayed 4 hours. I have a feeling this is going to be a cancelled flight or a longer delay.
If I were to purchase upgraded boarding (flying Southwest), would I be able to utilize the trip protection insurance on my Sapphire card?
I wouldn't think so but I don't know that for a fact. I believe I saw that you need to send in the flight receipt that isn't going to show the Sapphire for anything when ticketing.

The points weren't showing up.

Is it on a biz gold by chance? Those points don't show up until statement end since it's top 2 categories.

If that's not it, do the points for other transactions show up? I haven't seen anything about taxes no longer working. There can be lags and glitches with Amex, but I don't think it has anything to do with taxes.

I was targeted for Delta NLL (https://www.deltaamexcard.com/) - the Delta Gold Biz is a no brainer - waived AF the first year but we are working on 2 MSRs currently so I'm trying to wait to apply for the card but Amex tends to pull offers early. Anyone else targeted and thinking of opening a new card? I really could use more MRs but I'm trying to stay under $2K in credit card fees this year.

I was targeted for Delta NLL (https://www.deltaamexcard.com/) - the Delta Gold Biz is a no brainer - waived AF the first year but we are working on 2 MSRs currently so I'm trying to wait to apply for the card but Amex tends to pull offers early. Anyone else targeted and thinking of opening a new card? I really could use more MRs but I'm trying to stay under $2K in credit card fees this year.
I'm not targeted, but a Delta card is a no-brainer for me right now for both the 15% auto savings on SkyMiles and the free checked bag (and more Skymiles). As far as Gold vs. Platinum, it comes down to whether you can reliably use the Companion Pass. If you can, the Platinum usually comes out ahead.

I'm starting to think about the possibility of churning amex cards. I know there's lifetime language in pretty much everything but what does that really mean? 5? 7? years since you received the bonus? I have a bunch of amex points in planning to use up in the next year or two after that, in thinking to cancel cards, wait a year or so (doing chase offers) and then start applying for amex cards again. Will this work do you think?

It was thought to be 7 years (or less) after you close the card. But now that lifetime language is "may not", I don't really know what that means anymore. Plus they've added family language to some cards. On the green, it's if you've had the gold or plat. On the gold, it's if you've had the plat. So seems they don't want you going for a lesser card.

But if you can get past the pop-up, you can get the SUB, so you just have to try it.

Man I would love to be targeted for one of these, but we never are. Our Delta stash is getting down there and they are mostly all we fly out of MSP

After reading thru this thread, I figure I might as well just post my question about the AAdvantage Citi card...

We've booked our upcoming July trip at WL & Destino. Put down the $200 deposits with the balance due in June.

We've never used any kind of airline/hotel/travel related card, just a regular bank CC.

Recently booked our AA flights. During the process it made it look as thought signing up for the AAdvantage Citi card before checkout would bring some point/miles/bonus/whatever. Apparently not. Nothing about the application passed thru and we paid for the flight with our regular bank CC.

AA/Citi phone customer service was beyond bad. Neither side could answer any good questions and kept passing back to the other side, resulting in auto-voice grid lock with nothing accomplished.

Just got the Platinum Select card in the mail, and when I called to activate it, (again with extremely confusing customer service) asked...

1 Could the recent purchase of the AA flight be applied to this card? (apparently not)

2 Does this card offer decent points/miles/whatever if I use it to pay the (several thousand $$$) balance of our WDW Resort stay w parks tickets? (anyone know? they didn't)

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

After reading thru this thread, I figure I might as well just post my question about the AAdvantage Citi card...

We've booked our upcoming July trip at WL & Destino. Put down the $200 deposits with the balance due in June.

We've never used any kind of airline/hotel/travel related card, just a regular bank CC.

Recently booked our AA flights. During the process it made it look as thought signing up for the AAdvantage Citi card before checkout would bring some point/miles/bonus/whatever. Apparently not. Nothing about the application passed thru and we paid for the flight with our regular bank CC.

AA/Citi phone customer service was beyond bad. Neither side could answer any good questions and kept passing back to the other side, resulting in auto-voice grid lock with nothing accomplished.

Just got the Platinum Select card in the mail, and when I called to activate it, (again with extremely confusing customer service) asked...

1 Could the recent purchase of the AA flight be applied to this card? (apparently not)

2 Does this card offer decent points/miles/whatever if I use it to pay the (several thousand $$$) balance of our WDW Resort stay w parks tickets? (anyone know? they didn't)

I don't think the card is worth it past the first year if you don't fly AA a decent amount. I got it, got the SUB and am pretty much done with it. No real big earnings multipliers. I do use it for gas for 2x.

What was the sign-up bonus when you signed up for he card? I assume that the sign up bonus is 75,000 miles when you meet the minimum spending requirement of $3,500 within 4 months?
1712857913594.png
or was it this offer?
1712858126061.png

If you use it to pay off your Disney trip you'll earn 1 pt per dollar, not the best earning rate but paying it off will at least earn you the sign up bonus. There are better cards out there for earning higher rates on travel expenses. For now I would use it to earn the sign up bonus, I would not miss out on that.

Well, not fun data point on the CIC: P2 was just denied for too many recent requests and a recent Chase Biz. I've kept him at least at the 90 day mark and his last card was the SW Biz, before that was the SW Personal. I was denied recently for the same reasons, but I also had an Amex Hilton in there. We've been on the CIC/CIU train for a couple of years. That may be ending, or at least slowing. It's odd to sit around with no MSR.

Sorry about the denial.

How many open Inks, open Chase biz cards, total Chase CL both personal and biz? These are the things I'm suspecting affect approval now.

Sorry about the denial.

How many open Inks, open Chase biz cards, total Chase CL both personal and biz? These are the things I'm suspecting affect approval now.
He has 4 open inks and 1 SW Biz with total CL less than half of our income. He’s been approved with these stats before. But I’m assuming they are tightening. I’ll close a couple more inks and reapply. I’ll probably wait more than 30 days, though.

I do feel like I’m twiddling my thumbs with no MSR. I do have an offer for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred for $300 for $3,000 spend. Looks like that might be the standard offer? My only Amex are the Hilton Surpass and Personal Plat. Thoughts? We don’t have aspirational use for MR, but do spend a lot on groceries….

He has 4 open inks and 1 SW Biz with total CL less than half of our income. He’s been approved with these stats before. But I’m assuming they are tightening. I’ll close a couple more inks and reapply. I’ll probably wait more than 30 days, though.

I do feel like I’m twiddling my thumbs with no MSR. I do have an offer for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred for $300 for $3,000 spend. Looks like that might be the standard offer? My only Amex are the Hilton Surpass and Personal Plat. Thoughts? We don’t have aspirational use for MR, but do spend a lot on groceries….
Amex gold is great if you spend a lot on groceries and dining, but only if you think the MRs are useful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter