• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to update regarding my quest to get matched to 100k on CIP. I went back to the branch and the lady said there was no note in my file. :mad: And she also had never heard of the promotion. I tried calling customer service one more time and they said I had to work with a BRM. I said my branch didn’t have one but I was told that I was eligible for the promo. She was very nice but said there was nothing she could do. I decided my quest was over after 2 trips to a branch, 3 CS calls and 3 secure messages. *sigh*

I received my SPG biz 25k bonus today! I actually still need to spend about $200 because of returns but am super excited! I don't really have a plan for spending them, but sure they'll be great to have. Still trying to decide whether to try for chase biz marriott or not. Can't decide if I should use that spot for my 2nd chase biz card or wait till Nov for cip. Nov us so far away though...

No, these are good for SeaWorld, Aquatica, Busch Gardens Tampa or Adventure Island Tampa. We’ll either do 2 days at SeaWorld or SeaWorld and Aquatica.

Wow, that's a good deal. I just signed up. I'm looking forward to seeing the offers!

Ack! I got this in the mail today too. Seemed like a good deal but I know NOTHING about CapOne. Worth burning a */24 spot for?

Obviously, I am still in limbo, trying to figure out what to do. And so very easily distracted...

Be careful with CapOne because they pull all three bureaus, not just one like most big banks. I'm an outlier on this forum because I essentially play this game without Chase now. I'm so far over 5/24 and it isn't worth it to me to wait to get back under, so I use other banks. A triple pull on CapOne isn't going to matter much to me. If you still want a CSR or Southwest, etc. you should get those first. Get all the chase cards you want first, then branch out unless you don't care about Chase. Trust when I say there is free travel available without them!

I received my SPG biz 25k bonus today! I actually still need to spend about $200 because of returns but am super excited! I don't really have a plan for spending them, but sure they'll be great to have. Still trying to decide whether to try for chase biz marriott or not. Can't decide if I should use that spot for my 2nd chase biz card or wait till Nov for cip. Nov us so far away though...
Fwiw, there is no 2 biz card rule with Chase, numerous DPs have disproved that theory.

Ok, so I came across a killer rate for the S&D for over the 4th of July. Since it would be a very short stay, I started looking into flying.

I have UR and SPG points. We fly out of CLT and only direct flights to MCO (or almost anywhere for that matter) are thru AA or Frontier. I have a BA avios acct but am not seeing any award avail there. We can fly Frontier for 125/per person. But I'm nervous to use them plus baggage fees are steep and we're a family of 4. Any other thoughts/options on how I can use cc miles for this flight. Flying novices here.
Did you check Allegiant out of Concord to Sanford/Orlando? It isnt much farther than MCO anf either rent a car or Uber etc.

Really? That's great to hear! I knew it wasn't a set in stone rule and was leaning towards going for Marriott anyways, but that makes me feel a little more comfortable with it.

I think it has more to do with your overall credit with Chase. When they are deciding whether or not to approve your application they are seeing how much overall credit they have already extended you. DH has 2 business cards now and only one personal (Reserve). I am fairly certain that if I went for a business card for him I would be just as likely to get approved for it as another personal. It is the big picture amount of credit.

I think it has more to do with your overall credit with Chase. When they are deciding whether or not to approve your application they are seeing how much overall credit they have already extended you. DH has 2 business cards now and only one personal (Reserve). I am fairly certain that if I went for a business card for him I would be just as likely to get approved for it as another personal. It is the big picture amount of credit.

That's another concern I have, my personal limits seem really large. I've thought about asking to lower them some because I read you can't ask to lower them from your personal to help with biz approval, is that right?

@Lain and anyone else interested in the Hunter stuff at target tomorrow. I just saw a notice on their pagehttps://www.target.com/c/hunter-for-target/-/N-ay3d9?lnk=HunterforTarget that says the tall women's boots won't be available online or in store tomorrow because they are delayed. Oiy for them. But if that's the only thing you were looking for save the trip.

In case anyone's interested, an update from the Target blog I follow from facebook comments. It seems there may be some of the women's tall boots available in store but only certain colors because some were recalled. One lady was trying to buy orange and when the manager saw he took them from her giving her the recall reason. Not sure why they had them out then, that's not ok. Seems the boots sold out online early this morning and people seem to want solid color kids boots and the women's boots. Also lanyards. This is only from my small sample, again none of my friends posted about. Not sure where all the people commenting are from other than not my time zone since some have already been to the store.

There's already over 2k in items on ebay and 187 have sold. Not sure how that relates to other collaborations. I worry too much about selling stuff like his on ebay that I won't really make anything cause of the shipping/ebay fees and then the hassle and in the end I make my money back and 3 bucks :)

DH was denied for the CIP because I messed up on the application. I'm having a hard time waiting the 30 days to reapply and am wondering if I should just apply for myself. I'm the one who actually sells on ebay and I do file a Schedule C with my taxes so the business piece is more justified with me. I'm at 4/24 until the end of the month. I was planning to get down to 3/25 and leave those spots open to do 2 southwest cards late this year/early next to earn the CP. If I get the CIP, I'd be 4/24 until mid January. Things with SW seem so uncertain right now so I'm not sure if I need to hold open 2 spots.

I need to buy $1600 worth of plane tickets for an August trip. I've been putting them off because I want to use it to help reach a MS.

I would love to earn those 80000 UR points, we are planning to go to Hawaii in March and that should cover 1 ticket which will help save $.

Any thoughts? Should I apply right now for myself right now or wait out the 30 days and apply for my DH who is 2/24 (will be 1/24 next month)

DH was denied for the CIP because I messed up on the application. I'm having a hard time waiting the 30 days to reapply and am wondering if I should just apply for myself. I'm the one who actually sells on ebay and I do file a Schedule C with my taxes so the business piece is more justified with me. I'm at 4/24 until the end of the month. I was planning to get down to 3/25 and leave those spots open to do 2 southwest cards late this year/early next to earn the CP. If I get the CIP, I'd be 4/24 until mid January. Things with SW seem so uncertain right now so I'm not sure if I need to hold open 2 spots.

I need to buy $1600 worth of plane tickets for an August trip. I've been putting them off because I want to use it to help reach a MS.

I would love to earn those 80000 UR points, we are planning to go to Hawaii in March and that should cover 1 ticket which will help save $.

Any thoughts? Should I apply right now for myself right now or wait out the 30 days and apply for my DH who is 2/24 (will be 1/24 next month)

If you get the CIP I think 8 months is enough time incase you need to go for the Southwest Biz card. In those 8 months you can refer you DH to the CIP and get some Amex Biz cards. The CIP and most Biz cards don’t effect your 5/24 status.

Looking at Hyatt Regency Vancouver for a few nights pre cruise. The bookings for May 2019 will open soon, so I’ve been scoping it out. If I can snag awards nights soon, does anyone know if I can call and add a night later or add a free night when I get my free night cert in September?

You are doing so well with your planning. I have not even begun to think about any of it. Guess I better get on the ball.

@Lain and anyone else interested in the Hunter stuff at target tomorrow. I just saw a notice on their pagehttps://www.target.com/c/hunter-for-target/-/N-ay3d9?lnk=HunterforTarget that says the tall women's boots won't be available online or in store tomorrow because they are delayed. Oiy for them. But if that's the only thing you were looking for save the trip.

Well, we got most of what we wanted. The Target REDcardholders early bird exclusives from last week never came back into stock so my wife was bummed about not getting the bum bag to hold tickets and snacks when we’re at Disneyland. We weren’t after the men’s or women’s tall boots, but the toddlers tall boots in the popular colors (yellow, red, striped pink) went out of stock in probably less than 5 minutes. I was able to get them for my kid; but when I realized I should’ve probably sized up for next year and went back, they were gone. We also got some ankle boots for us. Boots of all kinds were the first to go, except in the bigger sizes and less desirable colors. The medium sized backpacks too. Luckily I got a pink one for my daughter who loves pink. Clothing and a lot of accessories/ outdoors gear still seemed to be plentily available when I finally called it a night.

I think Hunter is going to be very region specific like Lily was. I had friends in the south line up to get in the morning of yet in Seattle I bought several things on clearance weeks later. Too much past the hype for the markups though. It's just not the style of the PNW. Neither is Hunter .I saw more people wearing them in the south than I do here. People don't really wear rain boots whereas in the south its more of a style and name to be seen wearing the boots with leggings in the fall.

I do want a pair of the short boots for taking the dog out because they will be easier than regular boots but I'm not sure if I should try online or go to the store. Two of the three within 7 miles of me will have them.

I must be missing something here. We have lots of Lilly and Hunter here at our southern household, but I buy from them directly. Why is it exciting to buy them from target?

Well, we got most of what we wanted. The Target REDcardholders early bird exclusives from last week never came back into stock so my wife was bummed about not getting the bum bag to hold tickets and snacks when we’re at Disneyland. We weren’t after the men’s or women’s tall boots, but the toddlers tall boots in the popular colors (yellow, red, striped pink) went out of stock in probably less than 5 minutes. I was able to get them for my kid; but when I realized I should’ve probably sized up for next year and went back, they were gone. We also got some ankle boots for us. Boots of all kinds were the first to go, except in the bigger sizes and less desirable colors. The medium sized backpacks too. Luckily I got a pink one for my daughter who loves pink. Clothing and a lot of accessories/ outdoors gear still seemed to be plentily available when I finally called it a night.

No idea what it'll be like at my store but let me know what size color on the kids boots and if they have them I'll get them for you. Not sure what the bum bag is, link it and I'll check. Not going til I finish the run I just started at the gym but you never know what I'll find ☺

That's another concern I have, my personal limits seem really large. I've thought about asking to lower them some because I read you can't ask to lower them from your personal to help with biz approval, is that right?

Yes they look at the whole amount of credit they have extended you but you can’t transfer credit from personal to business. That was my issue with approval on my CIP. I was approved but with only a $5000 credit limit. Just enough to meet the bonus I guess.

I must be missing something here. We have lots of Lilly and Hunter here at our southern household, but I buy from them directly. Why is it exciting to buy them from target?

Cheaper, almost as good quality. I think with Lily it was exclusive to target prints. Everything from bobby pins to flip flops and shorts to patio umbrellas and a hammock.

Hunter is just making it avail at a more reasonable price point for the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter