I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I think I'm going to apply for the CIP.

I want to set myself up for the best chance of success.

Here are my questions:

1. Apply on weekend or weekday?

2. I know to use my name as the business name and my SSN.

3. When I did DH's application I had such a hard time with the part where you have to chose the business category/type/subtype. Where does ebay fit in their drop down categories?
I know you've already got some great tips - just figured I'd add a recent DP for you. I applied for my wife's CIP on a Thursday around lunch time. It was pending until the following Wednesday morning. It was a LONG 6 days - I called the status line every few hours, lol. Every time I called it was the 30 days message. I was SO tempted to call in but resisted the urge and it approved on its own. Once I heard that approved message, I immediately called in and asked to expedite the card. They did and I had it in hand by Friday :) Good Luck!

I received my SPG biz 25k bonus today! I actually still need to spend about $200 because of returns but am super excited! I don't really have a plan for spending them, but sure they'll be great to have. Still trying to decide whether to try for chase biz marriott or not. Can't decide if I should use that spot for my 2nd chase biz card or wait till Nov for cip. Nov us so far away though...
November is far away but it can be hard to get a 3rd Chase Biz card based on some of the DPs. Perhaps refresh us on your strategy and we can brainstorm :) I can't recall your 5/24 status, what cards you have, and if you have a player 2 involved (and same info on them). I assume you're currently over 5/24 or else you wouldn't be waiting on CIP.

I'm not saying you can't get a 3rd biz card...but I'd MUCH rather have a CIP than a Marriott Biz if I was picking between the two...

Ok, here you go. Getting the same Amex offer on multiple Amex cards with one log in a la MMS style:

Log into Amex account. Click on Amex offers, the click View all. Do not select any offers yet.

View attachment 307919

Right click and copy the URL

View attachment 307921

Open a new tab in the same browser

View attachment 307922

Paste the URL you copied into the new tab and hit enter

View attachment 307923

Now click the "my accounts" so you can display and select the next account.

View attachment 307924

Select your next card

View attachment 307925

Once the next card is displayed, click on Amex offers and View All. Keep repeating until you have a tab opened for each card and have selected View All Amex offers on each. Now you can start selecting your offers. I had a Sunglass Hut offer on 4 of my cards. I did a screen shot of 3 so you can see they are displayed for each card. I was able to select this offer on all of my cards by just going to each tab for each card.

View attachment 307926
View attachment 307927
View attachment 307928

This is awesome! I'd searched for the one you did with screenshots, but couldn't find it. I'm printing this off right now for next time. And sigh on the possibility of moving those bonus categories over to the SPG where I need them. Next time! I'm off to check DH's cards right now. he only has one AMEX but hope he has some of them, too. Thank you!!!!

Anytime. Here is the one with the screen shots.

For anyone who is interested in a Chase checking/savings bonus but can't get to a branch, tonight I went thru a link on DoC's website and entered my email to have a coupon code sent to my email address and opened accounts online by clicking through the email I received from Chase. It's $300 for Chase Total Checking (set up a direct deposit made within 60 days, need $1500 min daily balance to avoid fees), and $200 for Chase Savings ($15,000 in new money within 10 days, keep it there for 90 days, min bal $300 to avoid $5 monthly fee). My coupon said it expires 4/23/18. I did this last year, and closed my accounts at the end of December. I had to wait my 90 days to be eligible to do this again. One bonus per calendar year per account type.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-500-checking-savings-bonus-publicly-available-branch/

upload_2018-4-15_0-26-14.png

What does everyone do with their online banking accounts that you open for bonuses? Just wait a few months and then close them?

OK, I think I'm going to apply for the CIP.

I want to set myself up for the best chance of success.

Here are my questions:

1. Apply on weekend or weekday?

2. I know to use my name as the business name and my SSN.

3. When I did DH's application I had such a hard time with the part where you have to chose the business category/type/subtype. Where does ebay fit in their drop down categories?
I did automotive for DHs app. Felt like forever to get approved but it was less than two weeks from applying and receiving Card. He didn’t call to get it expidated since we were in Disney.

Applying today or tomorrow I don’t think will make a difference unless you plan on calling in.

What does everyone do with their online banking accounts that you open for bonuses? Just wait a few months and then close them?

I plan to do some MS experiments with mine once I get the bonus.

I want to read it!! Is there a link? I am trying to map out our biz card strategy right now!

It is located on the private DISchurner Reddit group. You will want to PM @Albort or @SouthFayetteFan your Reddit username so they can add you to the private DISchurners group. If you don't have a Reddit user name, create one first and then PM yet.

November is far away but it can be hard to get a 3rd Chase Biz card based on some of the DPs. Perhaps refresh us on your strategy and we can brainstorm :) I can't recall your 5/24 status, what cards you have, and if you have a player 2 involved (and same info on them). I assume you're currently over 5/24 or else you wouldn't be waiting on CIP.

I'm not saying you can't get a 3rd biz card...but I'd MUCH rather have a CIP than a Marriott Biz if I was picking between the two...

Yep, 5/24 until 10/3 when 1 spot will open, then no new spots until 5/2019. Currently I have SW Plus, Premier, and Biz, BoA Cash, Discover IT, and SPG Biz. Pretty much 1 player mode, although DH might apply for a non-biz card if it's a great deal. I had him convinced to get the CIC until he realized it was a biz card and then that went out the window! No specific plans for SPG points, but was was thinking maybe use for a F&W trip at the Dolphin this fall or next. Travel plans are this June are WDW/UO (mostly paid for except UO tix, Legoland tix, and 1 night at UO), next summer probably SoCal, although could be Florida again as we're probably getting AP's for UO. Hawaii in probably 2-3 years. Usually try to go to WDW yearly, but we do have a small DVC contract we use for most of that. I'd really like to get an UR card for flexibility, although again no specific plans.

Thanks for any feedback! I'm so indecisive what my next move should be. I wish DH would be more open to being in the game but it is what it is.

I have a super random but credit-related question: we are about to buy a new car and will finance it. In a few months, we’ll buy our other car at the end of its lease (and will finance that too). We both have excellent credit so neither of us need to co-sign. Does it make more sense for one person to do one loan and the other to do the other loan? Or should we both do both loans? Typically we’d do the latter but I don’t know if the hit from the first loan could impact rates for the second. Does that make sense?

I think so, but call Hyatt to confirm. Or just reserve a paid night using AAA rate no deposit and refundable then switch to free night once available.
I’m thinking of doing club level for free breakfast and snacks. Anyone know if Hyatt Regency club level is worth it?

Yep, 5/24 until 10/3 when 1 spot will open, then no new spots until 5/2019. Currently I have SW Plus, Premier, and Biz, BoA Cash, Discover IT, and SPG Biz. Pretty much 1 player mode, although DH might apply for a non-biz card if it's a great deal. I had him convinced to get the CIC until he realized it was a biz card and then that went out the window! No specific plans for SPG points, but was was thinking maybe use for a F&W trip at the Dolphin this fall or next. Travel plans are this June are WDW/UO (mostly paid for except UO tix, Legoland tix, and 1 night at UO), next summer probably SoCal, although could be Florida again as we're probably getting AP's for UO. Hawaii in probably 2-3 years. Usually try to go to WDW yearly, but we do have a small DVC contract we use for most of that. I'd really like to get an UR card for flexibility, although again no specific plans.

Thanks for any feedback! I'm so indecisive what my next move should be. I wish DH would be more open to being in the game but it is what it is.
So how about convincing your husband that CSP or SPG personal is a great deal :)

1) It sounds like he’d never want to do a double dip so a CSP would get you some URs now with no annual fee and the $4k MSR could help distract you for a few months. IF he was good with CIC he’d probably be good with CSP since the two signups are fairly similar.
2) My other suggestion is SPG personal for him because it gets you roughly the same amount of points as Marriott Biz without the worry of affecting your CIP ability. You’d want to try to score the 30k incognito offer on that.

Wow, I need to up my game. DH got the SPG personal about a week ago and I didn't realize there was a 30000 offer. Bummer!

I applied for the CIP yesterday. It is still saying 30 days. I'm waiting it out and I'm not calling! Thank you for the data points that it can take a week or so to get approved.

We have a timeshare booked in Hawaii for Spring Break in March, I'm hoping to use points to book some of the plane tickets. I don't want to waste points though.

I did some reading about trying to book Delta through the Korean Air program. Does anyone have luck with this? We'd be flying from Chicago.

Quick DISchurners Reminder:
When signing up for a new card, please consider using a DISchurners link :) This is a great way to support a fellow DISer and giving back to our awesome little community.

If you aren’t a member of DISchurners - it’s easy to join, just send a message to @SouthFayetteFan and/or @Albort and we will get you signed up.

(There’s no particular reason I’m posting this - just figured we were overdue for a little DISchurners commercial)

So SPG biz is almost done. It has worked out having the card on my and DH phone on ApplePay. He is able to use at the store. I did physically give it to him yesterday when he went to Home Depot and Harbor Freight where he tends to do some damage. Now just to pay the property tax and condo for Moab and the MSR is done. It is a little scary when I see how easy it is to meet these spends. Though I am tracking what we are buying so it is not that we are spending more than normal. A few pre-buys on gift cards is all.

Bad new disguised as good news - we need either repairs to the air conditioner or a new unit. Better news, DH has come around to helping out with my new hobby. I still need to ease him into it as I don't think he is ready to get a ton of new cards in a short amount of time, but he is open to a CIP. So I can refer him and use for whatever the air conditioner will be. Going to be doing that today or tomorrow.

On the IHG Mastercard front: I wasn't able to get a match to the 80K points but have the 60K + $50 stmt credit + 5K AU. Already have MSR planned and should be done by end of May.

I still do not have my Marriott points for my trip last week. It says it may take up to 7 days. I'll be calling tomorrow if I do not see them today.

My sign up bonus spg points are showing on my amex account but not in my spg account yet. How long til they transfer over?
I found an awesome points plus cash deal for skiing over Christmas that I want to book asap! SPG doesn't allow booking without all the points, like marriott does, does it?

My sign up bonus spg points are showing on my amex account but not in my spg account yet. How long til they transfer over?
I found an awesome points plus cash deal for skiing over Christmas that I want to book asap! SPG doesn't allow booking without all the points, like marriott does, does it?
Should transfer over within 2-4 days :)

I recently signed up for a delivery service called Imperfect Produce. Basically produce that is not up to store quality (scarring, small size, etc) though I haven’t actually received anything that looks abnormal. Unlike some other produce boxes, this is totally customizable and you can choose fruits, veg, both, organic or regular, and every order you get the list of your delivery items and have 2 days to add or delete items before it is delivered. Just wanted to throw it out there since it coded Supermarket on my Discover Card. I can post a link on Reddit if anyone is interested.

Wow, I need to up my game. DH got the SPG personal about a week ago and I didn't realize there was a 30000 offer. Bummer!

I applied for the CIP yesterday. It is still saying 30 days. I'm waiting it out and I'm not calling! Thank you for the data points that it can take a week or so to get approved.

We have a timeshare booked in Hawaii for Spring Break in March, I'm hoping to use points to book some of the plane tickets. I don't want to waste points though.

I did some reading about trying to book Delta through the Korean Air program. Does anyone have luck with this? We'd be flying from Chicago.

Keep in mind you would need to create a Korean Sky Pass account for each family member advance you can only book for approved family members. You will need to send in a copy your marriage license etc. to prove family relationship.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/millio...o-book-award-flights-on-partner-airlines/amp/

http://www.milesfortwo.com/2017/10/09/using-korean-air-miles-book-delta-flights-hawaii/

https://www.frugaltravelguy.com/201...o-redeem-skypass-miles-for-award-flights.html

So how about convincing your husband that CSP or SPG personal is a great deal :)

1) It sounds like he’d never want to do a double dip so a CSP would get you some URs now with no annual fee and the $4k MSR could help distract you for a few months. IF he was good with CIC he’d probably be good with CSP since the two signups are fairly similar.
2) My other suggestion is SPG personal for him because it gets you roughly the same amount of points as Marriott Biz without the worry of affecting your CIP ability. You’d want to try to score the 30k incognito offer on that.

Thanks for the ideas! Off to research...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter