I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I deserve a gold star for catching up on the 50+ pages that took place over spring break. Well, maybe bronze since I did skip about the first 20. Enough to be very shocked and confused by the Marriott/SPG news.

And really?!? They are going to mess with the program that I planned to base my next few months of MSR around? Those 7 night certificates+ SW miles had my name all over them for Hawaii 2019. Hopefully I can snag one before they change things up. Story of my life--I am always one step behind all the best MS/Churning routes.

Last edited:
I feel like I deserve a gold star for catching up on the 50+ pages that took place over spring break. Well, maybe bronze since I did skip about the first 20. Enough to be very shocked and confused by the Marriott/SPG news.

And really?!? They are going to mess with the program that I planned to base my next few months of MSR around? Those 7 night certificates+ SW miles had my name all over them for Hawaii 2019. Hopefully I can snag one before they change things up. Story of my life--I am always one step behind all the best MS/Churning routes.
The Marriott Flights and Nights package you reference was around long before the SPG acquisition and that program (nights and flights) has seen very little change over the years. None of the rumors that carry any weight behind them have suggested that Marriott Nights and Flights will go away. I have have no insider knowledge, but I'd highly doubt that they will remove a very popular redemption option like that as part of this merger. :)

Yes. I wonder if it might make a difference that he is a permanent resident rather than a citizen. I got an email saying that the application was received and he would get notified in 2 business days of status and next steps. I did plan to wait to on mine until his is opened.

Wouldn't that be a type of discrimination? National origin?

Yep, 5/24 until 10/3 when 1 spot will open, then no new spots until 5/2019. Currently I have SW Plus, Premier, and Biz, BoA Cash, Discover IT, and SPG Biz. Pretty much 1 player mode, although DH might apply for a non-biz card if it's a great deal. I had him convinced to get the CIC until he realized it was a biz card and then that went out the window! No specific plans for SPG points, but was was thinking maybe use for a F&W trip at the Dolphin this fall or next. Travel plans are this June are WDW/UO (mostly paid for except UO tix, Legoland tix, and 1 night at UO), next summer probably SoCal, although could be Florida again as we're probably getting AP's for UO. Hawaii in probably 2-3 years. Usually try to go to WDW yearly, but we do have a small DVC contract we use for most of that. I'd really like to get an UR card for flexibility, although again no specific plans.

Thanks for any feedback! I'm so indecisive what my next move should be. I wish DH would be more open to being in the game but it is what it is.
Since your DH wants personal cards I would go for the CSR and csp double dip. It would be $8k spend between the two but 104k UR plus if you add an auth user on the csp that’s another 5k. So 109k between the two
Since you still need to but tickets if you buy from someone that codes as travel you will get the $300 travel credit from the CSR. Plus if you don’t already have GE or TSA precheck you can get that with the credit. Which essentially lowers the CSR annual fee to $50 after the $300 travel credit and & $100 ge credit.

I have a super random but credit-related question: we are about to buy a new car and will finance it. In a few months, we’ll buy our other car at the end of its lease (and will finance that too). We both have excellent credit so neither of us need to co-sign. Does it make more sense for one person to do one loan and the other to do the other loan? Or should we both do both loans? Typically we’d do the latter but I don’t know if the hit from the first loan could impact rates for the second. Does that make sense?
We put both ours names on the loans since MD won’t let you title it without both on the loans. So far hasn’t been a problem

stay tune for tomorrow. everything will announce in tomorrow's press event.

The Marriott Flights and Nights package you reference was around long before the SPG acquisition and that program (nights and flights) has seen very little change over the years. None of the rumors that carry any weight behind them have suggested that Marriott Nights and Flights will go away. I have have no insider knowledge, but I'd highly doubt that they will remove a very popular redemption option like that as part of this merger. :)

I have a feeling that Marriott will keep the travel packages, but the number of points to redeem those suckers is going to go way up. How they'll make those fit with dynamic pricing confuses me. Hopefully they will give us some notice ahead of time.

I spent 90 minutes on hold on Friday to redeem a travel package because I wanted to at least get one redemption in before who-knows-what get announced tomorrow. And I'm making reservations for possible future trips to lock them in at what they are right now, figuring I can always cancel them.

I learned SPG --> Marriott points are instant. But transferring one person's Starpoints to another's balance takes 5 business days. When you redeem your package, you get an e-certificate for a 7 nt stay for whatever category you redeemed for. You can upgrade categories for the difference in Marriott points, generally points need to be in your account 10 days prior to your stay. If you cancel your reservation, you get to keep your e-certificate, and usually they will let you extend it if your expiration date is coming up. Hopefully, Marriott doesn't change this!

Got my new (to me) car this weekend. I was only able to put 5k on my SPG Biz, but that's a HUGE dent in the 7k MSR. I was starting to really regret opening it just a few weeks after my dh's 5k CIP. That 12k combined spend was starting to keep me awake at night.

On a funny note: while we were in the Finance Room, our financer was REALLY impressed with my SPG Biz. You'd have thought I had the AMEX Platinum the way he was going on. Lol!

We put both ours names on the loans since MD won’t let you title it without both on the loans. So far hasn’t been a problem

I am not following. I live in MD also and DH has the Pilot loan his name and I have a Crosstour loan in my name. All of our previous loans have only been in one of our names and we’ve never had any problem getting the title when the loan was paid off. It’s just in either of DH or my name.

Quick question - I know I've seen this asked but don't recall the answer - do tix purchased on Undercover Tourist trigger the travel credit on the CSR or CSP? I see a DP on DoC that says yes, but wanted to verify. Also, is it usually an instant credit (as in the same billing cycle)? Got to get my ducks in a row if going to convince DH to go for either CSR or CSP (or both).

Quick question - I know I've seen this asked but don't recall the answer - do tix purchased on Undercover Tourist trigger the travel credit on the CSR or CSP? I see a DP on DoC that says yes, but wanted to verify. Also, is it usually an instant credit (as in the same billing cycle)? Got to get my ducks in a row if going to convince DH to go for either CSR or CSP (or both).

Yes. Undercover Tourist codes as a travel expense since it is a travel agency and will trigger the CSR credit.

Yes, UT codes as travel. UT (or anything else that codes as travel) will also automatically trigger the $300 (or however amount you have left) travel credit when the charge posts to your statement. The travel credit appears as a statement credit that applies against the amount of the travel-related charge, up to $300.

Last edited:
Has anyone booked Atlantis with Marriott points online? It tells me the cost but I get an error and it wants me to call.

Has anyone booked Atlantis with Marriott points online? It tells me the cost but I get an error and it wants me to call.

I booked online a few weeks ago with points. Maybe they are having problems right now? Are you on the Marriott website or the Atlantis website? I booked on the Marriott website.

I booked online a few weeks ago with points. Maybe they are having problems right now? Are you on the Marriott website or the Atlantis website? I booked on the Marriott website.

I have tried several times. Wonder if it is because I don't have the points yet, but I thought that was ok with marriott. Let me try the marriott site again.

I have tried several times. Wonder if it is because I don't have the points yet, but I thought that was ok with marriott. Let me try the marriott site again.

Yeah, I actually did a points advance for one reservation. I book multiple stays with different dates and then cancel when I make up my mind lol. They must be doing updates or something.

I tried to book it a few weeks ago and it was working for everything but the Cove which is what I was wanting to book. It gave me an error over and over again. We just went on and made different vacation plans.

Trading in one stress for my sanity and another type of stress tomorrow. I haven't had any luck finding something new on my own and can't take it any more. Fingers crossed the temp agency can get me something good, I think it's the only way for me to change. Will see how it goes when I give my letter tomorrow but for now I feel better and need to stop the guilt because my sanity is more important :) But it also means the CIC bonus is sure to go down before I can do another card :( I'm ok with that too though. Next months trip is paid for and Nov almost is. Wish I didn't have to do it this way but I've been looking for over a year with no luck, my background just isn't "centralized" enough. Specific jobs have it so much easier.

Less than $300 to go on my Delta biz with a month and a half to go so I'll be good there. And then until Sept to get the last 1k.

Thank you all again for helping me keep my sanity at work. Hopefully the next one won't aggravate it so much.

Worst Marriott experience EVER today!! Booked for three nights and did mobile check in at 11 this morning. Went to the front desk at 4 when I arrived and was told my room wasn’t ready. Went out to dinner and called at 7:30- still not ready. Went by the front desk at 9- still no room. Finally at 10:30 pm I’d had enough and when the front desk guy told me my room still wasn’t ready I snapped back “when is it going to be ready?” A managed pulled me to her line and gave me a room. Of course, it’s not the king room I booked, but at this point I just want to go to bed!! I don’t know what this hotel is done but there are 50 people in the lobby with suitcases waiting on rooms because “housekeeping hasn’t finished.” At 9 pm they told me they’d give me 5000 points in exchange for the trouble but I’m going to call Marriott in the morning and tell them how rude all the front desk staff were in addition. It would be one thing if they were apologetic but when I asked when my room was going to be ready the guy just deadpan stared at me!!

Unfortunately for the hotel, this was the wrong time to mess up rooms because the conference I’m here for is for 700 prosecutors- AKA your classic Type A loudmouths!!

I was trying last week and got the same error, for any of the hotels (Beach, Cove, etc). I was just playing around to see how many points I'd need for a possible stay next February, so I didn't bother calling. If you do decide to call, let us know what they say about online booking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter