I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife has the old Cinderella castle in the clouds on her Premier card. I told her that if she looses it/fraud or when it is time for renewal...she won't have that design anymore. I think it was replaced with the DL 60th a couple years back.

I had a pink premier card with mickey and minnie, so cute, I loved that card. I think they were holding hands on the back of the card. Chase sent me a new one with a different image, saying that one was discontinued, even though it didn't expire for several years. I tried to call and argue to keep the old card until it expired but they said I had to use the new one with the new expiration date. This was earlier this year. It made no sense...>:(

Here's my SW biz story. I posted a while back that I had gotten SW personal 1/18 for the RR to cover my WDW trip (which is next week) with my son. I only fly 1-2x/year so CP was not on my radar at the time. Until I added a CA trip and a FL trip next year with DH. So I applied for biz in April, rejected for too many accounts opened. Miscounted my AUs, so got off two of DH's cards through chase and credit bureaus. Applied again in May, miscounted the app date by 2 days and was rejected again. Third time's a charm, applied in June (after writing down the app date so I wouldn't make that mistake again - and making a spreadsheet. :D) Got 7-10day message. Grrr... Didn't want to recon my "business" so waited for letter to see what the problem was this time. Was about to give up on it though, trying to figure out what to go for next. Letter arrived yesterday (9 days after app). Just needed verification of my birthdate. So sent that off today. Fingers crossed now.

Glad you enjoyed your visit! I've been there on vacation more than fifty times, but the restaurants keep changing and giving us something new to look forward to.

I've eaten at Sea Shack a couple of times, but your other choices give us something new to check out. Thanks for writing.

Fifty times! That is amazing! We have only been about 10 times, but the restaurants definitely change from year to year. Our absolute favorite experience was eating at Eat! and meeting Robert Irvine years ago. He has since closed the restaurant. Hope you enjoy the 4th at Hilton Head. We thought the staff and service at the Disney resort this year were wonderful and even better than the great experience we had last year.

I had a pink premier card with mickey and minnie, so cute, I loved that card. I think they were holding hands on the back of the card. Chase sent me a new one with a different image, saying that one was discontinued, even though it didn't expire for several years. I tried to call and argue to keep the old card until it expired but they said I had to use the new one with the new expiration date. This was earlier this year. It made no sense...>:(
Chase sent us all new Disney cc earlier this year because they had finally got around to adding the chip or updating the chip.

Someone was kind enough to show me where to see my pending AMEX MR on my new Biz card, when I inquired how long they take to show up. I just checked it again, and it shows my 50000 pending , even though I am still over $800 away from meeting my MSR. Is this weird?

Happened to me too! Lost my Toy Story card!

Can someone point me in the direction of where you can find potential Amex upgrade offers? DH got an email so I've never looked for it on a website. Specifically, my cousin wants to check if she has an offer to upgrade her no-fee Hilton card. Thanks!

Question for the PNC bank bonuser's out there, if I get the email alert that a direct deposit has posted, is that a real direct deposit that will trigger the bonus? Or do you get that for any deposit really?

Can someone point me in the direction of where you can find potential Amex upgrade offers? DH got an email so I've never looked for it on a website. Specifically, my cousin wants to check if she has an offer to upgrade her no-fee Hilton card. Thanks!
Mine shows 2 places. Right near the top, under the main headers, it says “want to upgrade your experience?” Then below under Amex Offers & Benefits it is listed again.

1. Gyft is very sensitive to new users making big and/or frequent purchases. They may hold your order pending verification or cancel your order if they suspect fraud. You kind of have to ease in to your gift card purchases and establish some kind of history or pattern, then you shouldn’t have many problems over time.

You're definitely right about their sensitivity. Tried to buy a $250 WM card yesterday, but it kept getting declined. Finally gave up on the $250 and went for $100. That transaction went through just fine. Tried once more late last night for another $100 and it was a no-go. I was able to get another $100 through this morning, but I definitely won't be able to get the entire $3000 I need in time going this route because I need it soon. I'll just take whatever I can get through on Gyft, then use the CIC at Sam's for the rest.

Fifty times! That is amazing! We have only been about 10 times, but the restaurants definitely change from year to year. Our absolute favorite experience was eating at Eat! and meeting Robert Irvine years ago. He has since closed the restaurant. Hope you enjoy the 4th at Hilton Head. We thought the staff and service at the Disney resort this year were wonderful and even better than the great experience we had last year.

The Disney Resort just gets better. Eat! was wonderful! I went back and Eat! was gone:-).

I started going in 1997 and then bought points there. My youngest grew up there. We drive to Disney most of the time and always would spend part of our trip at the resort, plus many week long trips in spring, summer over the 4th and especially at Thanksgiving.

Yay! So relieved I finally worked out our reservation with Hyatt. I have been trying to book the Saturday & Sunday night before our cruise next year at the Hyatt in Vancouver. Points availability has not been available for the Saturday unless I booked 3 nights, Friday-Saturday-Sunday (Saturday alone and Sat/Sun say no points rooms available) So I booked the Friday to Monday a few weeks ago and continued to look. Finally called today to ask to adjust my reservation to 2 nights. I was ready to argue if they said it wasn’t possible (happened with SPG before) Easy peasy, the guy on the phone was super nice, took all of 30 seconds and it already shows in my account!

Looking to plan China trip in 2-3 years. AA is our primary airline though I could fly any of the major airlines as we fly from ORD. With news that AA is dumping their ORD-PEK flight and may be getting rid of other Asian flights, stockpiling AA miles seems pointless.
Should I focus on UA or something else? (Right now, we have AA and SW miles only)

Yay! So relieved I finally worked out our reservation with Hyatt. I have been trying to book the Saturday & Sunday night before our cruise next year at the Hyatt in Vancouver. Points availability has not been available for the Saturday unless I booked 3 nights, Friday-Saturday-Sunday (Saturday alone and Sat/Sun say no points rooms available) So I booked the Friday to Monday a few weeks ago and continued to look. Finally called today to ask to adjust my reservation to 2 nights. I was ready to argue if they said it wasn’t possible (happened with SPG before) Easy peasy, the guy on the phone was super nice, took all of 30 seconds and it already shows in my account!

Mind if I ask why you chose that specific hotel? I haven't even started researching alaska. You are way ahead of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter