I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I did an Alaska land trip last year. The objective was to chase Northern Lights. If u have questions on that, I can help!

That sounds terrific! Did you go during the winter? We leave for Alaska in 3 weeks. This will be our second time there, but we'll be too far south with too much daylight too see the lights. I understand you can see them in Iceland too. On my bucket list!

LOL. You can’t even book anything right now because DLR ADRs open 60 days in advance! Yes, it’s a lot more laid back than WDW. However, if there’s a restaurant you know you want to dine, there’s no reason not to book as soon as you can. You can cancel reservations without charge up to the day before. December is a busier time, especially as it gets closer to Christmas and New Year, so it’s a good idea to book ahead. Dining packages, character dining, and more popular restaurants like the Blue Bayou, the new Lamplight Lounge, and Carthay Circle for dinner should always be booked ASAP.

We might go in Jan or Feb, and I may need a tutorial - lol. I have looked at crowd calendars and am trying to plan around a non-busy time when ticket prices are lowest. Fast passes are different too versus WDW right?

That sounds terrific! Did you go during the winter? We leave for Alaska in 3 weeks. This will be our second time there, but we'll be too far south with too much daylight too see the lights. I understand you can see them in Iceland too. On my bucket list!

Originally, we had plans to fly Iceland but when we started to look for hotels and food, they were super expensive. My dad was told to look at WoW Air. After awhile, i was telling my dad that we can fly to alaska instead to see the same thing. No need to fly 10 hours, we flew like 5 hours instead.

We flew into Fairbanks, stayed at a Hamptons Inn. drove around for a few days... then we took a 12 hour train ride from Fairbanks --> Anchorage. played around in anchorage and flew home.

we went in Feb. We met some local ppl on the train, said the best time to go is during thanksgiving.

Thanks!!!

I do, I was trying and it told me not valid. Maybe it was too soon... I wasn't sure if it worked the same as when you pay with a credit card. Does it work like that with gift cards?

i have DD gift cards, instructions say it will show a QR code and the cashier is suppose to scan it.
weird, did u just buy the gift card?

edit: i think it might trigger Samsung pay bonus? its currently 4x right now.

Last edited:
Thanks!!!

I do, I was trying and it told me not valid. Maybe it was too soon... I wasn't sure if it worked the same as when you pay with a credit card. Does it work like that with gift cards?
That seems strange. Maybe the cashier was unfamiliar with the e-gift card. They have to follow a certain procedure. I do it all the time. Maybe next time try ordering online to pick up in store!

I hate credit cards so much!*

Applied for CIP, take 2, yesterday, 31 full days after my first (canceled) application. I got impatient today and called the automated status line, where I got transferred to a human (!). I got excited. "Maybe they just need to verify my identity and I'll be approved right now!" I gave her my information and she confirmed that was all correct. Then she informed me my application had been denied and I would receive a letter stating why in the mail D':

It's so dumb, but it's hard to not take this personally! What did I do wrong? Is all lost? Sole proprietorship, used a transferable mailer code (I was very careful to delete any pre-populated fields in the app), I put down $2400/yr in revenue and 3 years in business. I should be 0/30 and 0/24. My last app, I got a letter in the mail that they needed more information to process my application, but it wasn't a flat denial. I canceled that app because I got a better offer in the mail, but now I'm kicking myself for that...

(*J/k credit cards. I love you. Y u no love me back? )

Question for previous CP holders:

If my CP ends 12/31/18, would I be able to book in 2018 for 2019 flights?

Yup...mine was shot down with Navy last month too. Now I am doing it with my Double Cash (via masterpass) fee free...already have my payments scheduled through the end of September.

I get a 1/4 per cent rate reduction for having my mortgage deducted from my Navy Fed account. @Natgridenergy and @MrPTato: did you have that option? I can't see a benefit to using it in my situation. Am I missing something?

I hate credit cards so much!*

Applied for CIP, take 2, yesterday, 31 full days after my first (canceled) application. I got impatient today and called the automated status line, where I got transferred to a human (!). I got excited. "Maybe they just need to verify my identity and I'll be approved right now!" I gave her my information and she confirmed that was all correct. Then she informed me my application had been denied and I would receive a letter stating why in the mail D':

It's so dumb, but it's hard to not take this personally! What did I do wrong? Is all lost? Sole proprietorship, used a transferable mailer code (I was very careful to delete any pre-populated fields in the app), I put down $2400/yr in revenue and 3 years in business. I should be 0/30 and 0/24. My last app, I got a letter in the mail that they needed more information to process my application, but it wasn't a flat denial. I canceled that app because I got a better offer in the mail, but now I'm kicking myself for that...

(*J/k credit cards. I love you. Y u no love me back? )
It happens :) do you have a credit history? (Not being an au)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter