I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if I’ll be approved even though I have the no annual fee one. We utilize Amtrak frequently.

i am quite sadden that SPG-->Amtrak is ending this month. :(

Albort - I wouldn't consider someone who got one item an abuser, even though you did get it 49% off!

I'm guessing people went in and placed multiple orders.

(You are going to play with that toy right??)

haha, honestly, i wanted one... just cuz... i wanted one. im not sure if i will keep it though. I should of gone for an iPad for my dad or a TV instead. oh well. i take what i can get.

met a guy right before me that got a drone, a camera lens, he was off to another target for something else...

My text links to my coupons no longer work. I am super annoyed because the thought of stacking never occurred to me and I was planning to just use at my convenience between now and the 10/31 expiration date. I don’t find it acceptable that hey took my coupon away when I did noting wrong.:sad2:

Same. I'm really annoyed.

i am quite sadden that SPG-->Amtrak is ending this month. :(

I didn't even know they had a relationship until I started messing around on the website and for a hot second I thought about transferring 16k spg points and booking my ride, because really that was not a bad redemption. But then, keeping my SPG points and earning some Amtrak points for a teeny spend won out!

I didn't even know they had a relationship until I started messing around on the website and for a hot second I thought about transferring 16k spg points and booking my ride, because really that was not a bad redemption. But then, keeping my SPG points and earning some Amtrak points for a teeny spend won out!

nice! im almost tempted to transfer some. i kinda want to take a train from LA --> seattle in a roomlette. i saw a promo buy a ticket for roomlette, your 2nd person is free deal... unsure if the deal works in that case though with points. $800 ticket though... way more expensive than flying there.

You won’t regret the AP’s @speedyfishy. The reduced cost DVC AP’s was a big part of why I ended up first buying the small direct DVC contract.

On Amex offers I feel a little better that others had trouble too and maybe Amex is figuring it out. I know I had Best Buy on all 3 of my cards and the 2 of DH’s. Despite my multiple browser maneuvering though I ended up with it only on my AU of DH’s personal Delta and his business Delta. So frustrating! And sad! :(

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the gc head's up! I'm in Barcelona hanging out until we board the Magic tomorrow but was able to remember most of my AUs logins so was able to grab 4 BB and 4 BBB offers.

I'm noticing quite a delay in some of my offers posting so think Amex may be on to me (despite different last names for AUs). Keeping my figers crossed all will work:)

nice! im almost tempted to transfer some. i kinda want to take a train from LA --> seattle in a roomlette. i saw a promo buy a ticket for roomlette, your 2nd person is free deal... unsure if the deal works in that case though with points. $800 ticket though... way more expensive than flying there.

Yes! Way more expensive than flying! Same here on the East Coast.

While in Seattle you could take the ferry over to Vancouver Island - get in some free whale watching! I actually want to do this some day since I talked darling older daughter into it when she was younger and she took me along by cell phone!

Same. I'm really annoyed.

I can't get annoyed at things like this because one, I don't know if I was even supposed to be able to text for the coupon. I did for the 20 off 50 and 1 15% to use later, which whatever with that anyway. I don't have the extra money to spend now.

But the second reason is because I've been able to take advantage of things before the whole internet knew before. Got free/super cheap Omaha Steaks box with burgers and steak several years back. I used to frequent a freebies website and got all kinds of great deals there but it's not worth following any more because there either aren't deals, isn't stuff I want or they go too fast.

It is frustrating when stuff like this happens and companies should realize beforehand and prevent it from happening, especially the way things spread online. The build a bear thing I think had way more people taking their kids than they thought would on a random Thursday. Given what happened I think t they handled it best they could and the new birthday bear is cute, however that's probably the way they should have done it to begin with. However, no one was talking about them before last week and now there's a ton more people talking about them so even bad publicity can be good publicity.

Last off topic, and a lesson that all businesses should remember, that at one point a lady got to buy a car with almost 1400 bananas in the 60's.

Yes! Way more expensive than flying! Same here on the East Coast.

While in Seattle you could take the ferry over to Vancouver Island - get in some free whale watching! I actually want to do this some day since I talked darling older daughter into it when she was younger and she took me along by cell phone!

will save that for the cruise i plan to go on... its a 3 day cruise from LA --> Vancouver with a stopover at Vancouver Island! listed at $200-$300...
originally thought about doing that and then taking the train down back to LA, but cant seem to find time for that.

I hit my Delta Amex Biz MSR by buying VGC with the Staples deal and my points have posted. I thought VGC at Staples wouldn’t work. I was planning on hitting it with other spend.

I hit my Delta Amex Biz MSR by buying VGC with the Staples deal and my points have posted. I thought VGC at Staples wouldn’t work. I was planning on hitting it with other spend.

Technically, it’s not allowed per Amex’s terms, but DPs say buying “gift cards” and “cash equivalents” at OD/OM/Staples do earn points and count towards MSR. I checked the transaction details for my Staples .com purchase on my SPG Biz and it does give Level 3 data that discloses I bought a $300 VGC. Amex would be within their rights to claw back your points and bonus, but speculation is it’s easier for them to do that for their own Membership Rewards points than co-branded partner points and miles.

The abusers tend to make things more difficult for those who are honest(ie @disneymagicgirl and @Lain )
for that, i apologies in advanced!

No biggie for me. I really didn’t need to be spending any more money. Savings, resell, or otherwise. I have a closet full of deals that I’ve bought from TRU, Best Buy, Target and Amazon that I still have to list. My closet is literally is full of toys, tech, corrugated boxes and other packing supplies. It may collapse on my poor wife at any time. Those and all the gift cards I’m buying because of Walgreens, Staples, Lowe’s deals and now Best Buy and Bed Bath & Beyond have me floating a lot of cash in inventory and gift cards.

My text links to my coupons no longer work. I am super annoyed because the thought of stacking never occurred to me and I was planning to just use at my convenience between now and the 10/31 expiration date. I don’t find it acceptable that hey took my coupon away when I did noting wrong.:sad2:

I screenshotted the coupons. I wonder if they’ll still work.

No biggie for me. I really didn’t need to be spending any more money. Savings, resell, or otherwise. I have a closet full of deals that I’ve bought from TRU, Best Buy, Target and Amazon that I still have to list. My closet is literally is full of toys, tech, corrugated boxes and other packing supplies. It may collapse on my poor wife at any time. Those and all the gift cards I’m buying because of Walgreens, Staples, Lowe’s deals and now Best Buy and Bed Bath & Beyond have me floating a lot of cash in inventory and gift cards.
Sounds like my DH except he has now taken over my dining room with all of his purchases and the boxes are out of control! He still have his "mess" from when he was purchasing broken WiiU controllers, fixing them and reselling that is my living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter