I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m back home. We arrived at 4:30 am. The plane was delayed because of some thunder and lightning. I’m so exhausted, but it was so so so fun. SO and I did buy APs. It was $1,200 to upgrade the two day park hoppers I got from Chase. A wee bit pricey, but it made sense.

We stayed at Pop for the first time and I don’t think I can stay at an All Star ever again. The room was so nice and the bed was actually pretty comfortable. You can still hear everything through those thin walls, but it doesn’t really bother me.

I already booked another weekend getaway in August. And I hope I can pull off a September/October trip too. I’m running low on points now... time to get some more cards.

So, I went in and got myself approved for the BOA Amtrak Rewards credit card. Y'all were supposed to stop me! Remember I'm trying to get to be a UR collector!

Well no biggie as I'll get to that eventually. This put me back to 5/24 but I'll be 4/24 again before the end of the year, unless I do that SPG card.

But, the idea of riding auto train for free back from Florida in January was a huge draw! Looks like I can probably get 2 trips out of the rewards. There is also a companion certificate which will come in handy for a NYC day.

The other frustrating thing with this ebay stuff is that I am too nice, so I did message the buyer back and said I would refund them the $3 difference in shipping and send it USPS. And I said let me know what they want to do. That was early yesterday morning and no response. I'm going to send a message now saying if I don't hear today I will send it out as advertised, since they already paid that shipping amount anyways.

And next time, no more! The shipping is as advertised! :badpc:

It’s this kind of BS that made me move to free shipping (with shipping added into the BIN price) on almost all my listings.

New 30,000 points offer on the BoA Amtrak World card:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-of-america-amtrak-credit-card-30000-point-bonus/

As a frequent Amtrak rider, I have many positive thoughts about this card, but the short version is that Amtrak points are worth 2.9cpp (or around 2.5cpp on Acela travel), plus you get a companion coupon, making this bonus worth close to $900 easily. If you don't want to ride Amtrak it's obviously worthless.

BoA is one of the few banks left that are easy to churn assuming you follow their rules. This is the second time I've held this card (previously opened 9/2017, closed 4/2018).
I wonder if I’ll be approved even though I have the no annual fee one. We utilize Amtrak frequently.

I got a few of the good offers. Most likely to use Best Buy and Shutterfly. Still working on my photo book from Utah and will be making another one in September after Glacier.

Originally it seemed like an AU problem so I wasn't paying much attention to the reports since we don't have AU/Employee cards on our Amexes
Any DP on how this works with AU/Employee? Do you add to main card and Employee has as well or do you need to add to both?

I’m back home. We arrived at 4:30 am. The plane was delayed because of some thunder and lightning. I’m so exhausted, but it was so so so fun. SO and I did buy APs. It was $1,200 to upgrade the two day park hoppers I got from Chase. A wee bit pricey, but it made sense.

We stayed at Pop for the first time and I don’t think I can stay at an All Star ever again. The room was so nice and the bed was actually pretty comfortable. You can still hear everything through those thin walls, but it doesn’t really bother me.

I already booked another weekend getaway in August. And I hope I can pull off a September/October trip too. I’m running low on points now... time to get some more cards.
You're an inspiration. :thumbsup2

The other frustrating thing with this ebay stuff is that I am too nice, so I did message the buyer back and said I would refund them the $3 difference in shipping and send it USPS. And I said let me know what they want to do. That was early yesterday morning and no response. I'm going to send a message now saying if I don't hear today I will send it out as advertised, since they already paid that shipping amount anyways.

And next time, no more! The shipping is as advertised! :badpc:
yup. They didn't respond b/c they already put up the negative,and $3 likely won't change that. And block them in the future after giving your feedback for them.

Target deal worked. i just walked out with my item. i’m not sure how active the deal still is.
My text links to my coupons no longer work. I am super annoyed because the thought of stacking never occurred to me and I was planning to just use at my convenience between now and the 10/31 expiration date. I don’t find it acceptable that hey took my coupon away when I did noting wrong.:sad2:

Welcome back! So glad you had fun. Congrats on the APs. We made the “investment” too and have zero regrets!

My text links to my coupons no longer work. I am super annoyed because the thought of stacking never occurred to me and I was planning to just use at my convenience between now and the 10/31 expiration date. I don’t find it acceptable that hey took my coupon away when I did noting wrong.:sad2:

The abusers tend to make things more difficult for those who are honest(ie @disneymagicgirl and @Lain )
for that, i apologies in advanced!

I wonder if I’ll be approved even though I have the no annual fee one. We utilize Amtrak frequently.

I also have the no-AF Amtrak card and was auto approved for the World card this morning.

I've also had the World card before.

I've also had a second no-AF card in the past...

BoA is pretty good for churners.

Thanks @Lain! I checked first thing this morning and got this same deal. So glad I waited until today. She only had an 8gb fire 7 before so she was fire with that again. Thanks for thinking of me with this deal :)

The abusers tend to make things more difficult for those who are honest(ie @disneymagicgirl and @Lain )
for that, i apologies in advanced!

Albort - I wouldn't consider someone who got one item an abuser, even though you did get it 49% off!

I'm guessing people went in and placed multiple orders.

(You are going to play with that toy right??)

I got a few of the good offers. Most likely to use Best Buy and Shutterfly. Still working on my photo book from Utah and will be making another one in September after Glacier.

Any DP on how this works with AU/Employee? Do you add to main card and Employee has as well or do you need to add to both?

You have to add the offer to each card, adding it to the main doesn't just give it to the others. Which is why many people have multiple logins and/or multiple AU's so you can use an offer more than once. Most offers had said "per account", so if you have multiple accounts you could easily add an offer to each card. If you employed a little trick you could add it to each card on the same account too. But looks like the multiple logins may not be working by itself anymore. I read somewhere that the language may have changed on the offers too, which may explain what's been happening recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter