• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New 30,000 points offer on the BoA Amtrak World card:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-of-america-amtrak-credit-card-30000-point-bonus/

As a frequent Amtrak rider, I have many positive thoughts about this card, but the short version is that Amtrak points are worth 2.9cpp (or around 2.5cpp on Acela travel), plus you get a companion coupon, making this bonus worth close to $900 easily. If you don't want to ride Amtrak it's obviously worthless.

BoA is one of the few banks left that are easy to churn assuming you follow their rules. This is the second time I've held this card (previously opened 9/2017, closed 4/2018).

Hmmmm. This is an interesting option - we could get some value out of Amtrak, esp with a companion coupon. We are $700 away from meeting the MSR on the CSP/CSR double dip (in DH's name), so I'm trying to figure out what my next card will be. I've been trying to pull up the Amex 100k platinum offer, but no luck so far - all I can find is the 60k offer. The Marriott Premier is kinda interesting, but I'm also wondering if I should wait for the new SPG card. Decisions, decisions.

Besides mortgages, wasn't there a few things that could not be payed with Plastiq? Life insurance OK? That is one I have not figured out how to pay with visa and bill is due soon. I pay it once a year.

I have a policy with USAA that I pay once a year and I was once in danger of being late so I called them and they took my Visa over the phone. This also works for me with State Farm or with State Farm online because they put a code on your bill. Before you pay Plastiq you may want to check them out, or maybe you already have? There was no extra charge and they emailed me my receipt.

Macy's and Banana Republic gift cards could be small moneymakers. Macy's has so many free gift card with purchase deals that results in some heavy discounting on the resell market. Banana Republic gift cards are good because you can use them at any of Gap's family of brands (e.g., Gap, BR, Old Navy, Athleta). I actually shop at Levi's and Cole Haan. Occasionally, I'll let go at CPK. And Mr Porter has been known to have some good deals.

All of the above (except Mr Porter) are offers I'll use directly. I already placed my Cole Haan order - they are having a clearance sale! Gap jeans for youngest daughter - 3 offers - buy gift cards in store than use gift cards to buy jeans....I think xmas may have come early.

Last edited:

All of the above (except Mr Porter) are offers I'll use directly. I already placed my Cole Hahn order - they are having a clearance sale! Gap jeans for youngest daughter - 3 offers - buy gift cards in store than use gift cards to buy jeans....I think xmas may have come early.
The Banana Republic offer will work being a BR GC? It has The Options Gift Cards listed as exclusions but I wasn't sure what they were. I usually shop at BR Factory store but they are excluded so I can go to BR get the GC and then use the GC at the Factory Store. I usually cash out DH's Discover rewards dollars for BP or UnderArmour.

Last edited:
The Banana Republic offer will work being a BP GC? It has The Options Gift Cards listed as exclusions but I wasn't sure what they were. I usually shop at BP Factory store but they are excluded so I can go to BP get the GC and then use the GC at the Factory Store. I usually cash out DH's Discover rewards dollars for BP or UnderArmour.

I've always just gone in store to buy a physical gift card for the qualifying amount to trigger the Amex Offer. Credits every time.

All of the above (except Mr Porter) are offers I'll use directly. I already placed my Cole Hahn order - they are having a clearance sale! Gap jeans for youngest daughter - 3 offers - buy gift cards in store than use gift cards to buy jeans....I think xmas may have come early.

Maybe that's what it is, gearing up for xmas in July :laughing:

Do you have to wait until the bonus posts to do the next one?
No, but I'm afraid if I make a purchase on Monday and Tuesday but the shop and earn comes through for both on Thursday I may only get one bonus (even though the purchases were made over two days).

Swagbucks has 6%. I know some have more trouble with SB but for me all my Amazon has tracked through it. (although I now just jinxed myself :) ) Just thought I'd throw it out there in case someone else's lucky too.

My ebay auction ended last night and my item sold. The buyer just paid, but also sent a message asking why the shipping is so high, and left feedback already that my shipping is too much :badpc::badpc::badpc:
they're full of **ap....... when I bid on Ebay I ALWAYS check the ship price..... Ebay is FULL of losers trying to scam sellers. I hate it there.

Potential change to Amex offers!!! I have multiple business logins for 3 different people, 1 card each login and my personal Amex login which has 3 cards on it. I did my spg biz first, had all offers. No offers showed on my other biz login. Pulled up my personal next, 3 different tabs no offers on any of the cards (even using the old login). I logged into each of the biz logins and only sporadically got the offers. I wrote out what I got and I can clearly see each name got each offer 1 time. Had I opened multiple browsers for each login prior to adding the offers I'm sure I would have been able to add them to each card considering everyone seems to have all of them. At least for me and my fam Amex is on to the multiple login trick.

ETA: others on DoC reporting this as well. Each person gets each offer only once despite having multiple logins. Make sure to open all of a person's cards and logins in separate tabs before adding offers now.

Last edited:
That’s a good idea just so you can get rid of the negative feedback. I never buy something if the shipping seems to high. People are weird
honestly? On ebay you have to have some fortitude with these scammers. It's a regular thing,and ignoring,or replying to the comment on your page does show to others. I always take that into consideration when bidding too- it's up to you what you choose, but if it's fair shipping,just ignore them if they already put negative feedback for this,without getting the item!(If they've done this, I wouldn't play the game with them,I'd do the above) This is going to come up frequently if you sell there a lot. Your good feedback will speak volumes over one scammer.

I got the Best Buy offer. I don’t usually go there but will pop over to the one close to work to get some Disney gift cards. What is this QR thing I keep seeing on Swagbucks? Where do I find this on my Swagbucks acct?

Potential change to Amex offers!!! I have multiple business logins for 3 different people, 1 card each login and my personal Amex login which has 3 cards on it. I did my spg biz first, had all offers. No offers showed on my other biz login. Pulled up my personal next, 3 different tabs no offers on any of the cards (even using the old login). I logged into each of the biz logins and only sporadically got the offers. I wrote out what I got and I can clearly see each name got each offer 1 time. Had I opened multiple browsers for each login prior to adding the offers I'm sure I would have been able to add them to each card considering everyone seems to have all of them. At least for me and my fam Amex is on to the multiple login trick.

ETA: others on DoC reporting this as well. Each person gets each offer only once despite having multiple logins. Make sure to open all of a person's cards and logins in separate tabs before adding offers now.

Ah, this might explain why I didn't see anything on my SPG and Hilton cards, which are under separate logins, but which I logged into after my MR cards. All the offers I added to my MR cards didn't show on my SPG and Hilton logins. Dammit Amex.

Ah, this might explain why I didn't see anything on my SPG and Hilton cards, which are under separate logins, but which I logged into after my MR cards. All the offers I added to my MR cards didn't show on my SPG and Hilton logins. Dammit Amex.

I'm getting my threads mixed up, there's so many of the same folks on multiple :) We mentioned this on the Gift Card Deals thread this morning:
It's not anything in the fine print, I believe that still says "per account" but there's reports of it happening when trying to add the offer to different accounts with the same name. So login1 with Jane Doe and login2 with Jane Doe, both can see the offer but when added to one (or both) the offer disappears on one of the logins. Developing DP's at DoC : https://www.doctorofcredit.com/issues-with-american-express-offers-developing/

ETA: Here's a good comment thread from the post : https://www.doctorofcredit.com/issues-with-american-express-offers-developing/#comment-615503

I think I did screw myself this morning then as I was lazy and I added the offers I wanted to my Everyday card from the mobile app, then I signed in with my Biz account to check there and didn't see the same ones. It's possible I wasn't targeted on the biz card but now I'm not sure.

Interesting... I have my biz and personal under one login, and DHs biz personal, and employee card under one. I added all offers to all cards with multiple tabs this morning, I'll have to keep an eye on it.

So same login multiple tabs still worked this morning. I suspect I goofed today. Normally I do my Biz in a separate browser on my laptop, my personal login is either my phone or a different browser. I didn't have a problem before doing personal in browser A, adding my offers, then in browser B logging into biz and potentially adding the same offers. But I can't recall in the last week or two if I got the same offers on both that way. I know pre July it was working like normal.

ETA: Now I guess I have to pay more attention and log in at the same time on browser A and B to make sure. Originally it seemed like an AU problem so I wasn't paying much attention to the reports since we don't have AU/Employee cards on our Amexes. :headache:

The other frustrating thing with this ebay stuff is that I am too nice, so I did message the buyer back and said I would refund them the $3 difference in shipping and send it USPS. And I said let me know what they want to do. That was early yesterday morning and no response. I'm going to send a message now saying if I don't hear today I will send it out as advertised, since they already paid that shipping amount anyways.

And next time, no more! The shipping is as advertised! :badpc:

honestly? On ebay you have to have some fortitude with these scammers. It's a regular thing,and ignoring,or replying to the comment on your page does show to others. I always take that into consideration when bidding too- it's up to you what you choose, but if it's fair shipping,just ignore them if they already put negative feedback for this,without getting the item!(If they've done this, I wouldn't play the game with them,I'd do the above) This is going to come up frequently if you sell there a lot. Your good feedback will speak volumes over one scammer.
I don’t actually use eBay unless it’s a last resort. We switched over to amazon once it started getting so popular. Plus my FIL has prime and my husband gets to be on his account since he’s his son.

ETA: Now I guess I have to pay more attention and log in at the same time on browser A and B to make sure. Originally it seemed like an AU problem so I wasn't paying much attention to the reports since we don't have AU/Employee cards on our Amexes. :headache:

I texted my younger daughter earlier to add the offers for me on her authorized user card. I won't know until she comes home if it worked or not. I count on that AU card as being my third Amex offer grabber card! So I hope it isn't messed up now.

I also emailed older daughter about the new issue as well, since she will share some offers with me.

Hi everyone, trying to figure out Marriott package before 8/1.
We have finally decided we are going to Costa Rica in late July 2019. We will also probably try to go to Disney World for Thanksgiving in 2019.
Looks like SW would be our best option to getting to Costa Rica and Florida.
We have 0 SW points because we use them so fast (family of 4), even with CP.

I would like to use the 7 night package at the Swan/Dolphin. I'm thinking I get a Cat 6 with 120K SW miles - then later upgrade to whatever the Swan/Dolphin will be in Nov. 2019 , probably Cat 9 at the rate it's been increasing, insert eye-roll :sad2:
You all think I will be able to use a certificate during that busy time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter