I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just found out about a soccer match we would love to attend next weekend. Airfares are over $500 pp for a
1 1/2 hour flight. Hotel would be no biggie but I can't spend that much $ or have points to cover airfare.
Most likely we are just out of luck on this short notice but I thought I'd ask here anyway.
Any brilliant ideas from all of you more experienced travel hackers?

What are your departing and arrival airports? Sending you a PM

Can someone help me...trying to use UR points for last minute WDW resort. The points increase when I add the kids to the room. As we know, disney doesn't charge for kids. Should I book it at the rate for 2 adults and call to have the chase rep call disney to add the kids? Anyone done this?

Can someone help me...trying to use UR points for last minute WDW resort. The points increase when I add the kids to the room. As we know, disney doesn't charge for kids. Should I book it at the rate for 2 adults and call to have the chase rep call disney to add the kids? Anyone done this?
I haven't done it for UR but did for SPG at Dolphin. Just emailed them and asked to add DH &DS as I made the reservation for 1 adult (accidentally)
ETA. I would try it, if it doesn't work, you can cancel.

I haven't done it for UR but did for SPG at Dolphin. Just emailed them and asked to add DH &DS as I made the reservation for 1 adult (accidentally)
ETA. I would try it, if it doesn't work, you can cancel.

Thank you! So it shows POFQ "nonrefundable" for about 10k points...jumps to 20k when i add the kids. All the resorts jump when I add the kids, I noticed. Anyways, if it is nonrefundable but I am using points will I get the points back if the plan you mentioned doesn't work? My back up idea is to book it on hotwire for $114/night.

Thank you! So it shows POFQ "nonrefundable" for about 10k points...jumps to 20k when i add the kids. All the resorts jump when I add the kids, I noticed. Anyways, if it is nonrefundable but I am using points will I get the points back if the plan you mentioned doesn't work? My back up idea is to book it on hotwire for $114/night.
Don't add the kids. I hate when 3rd party booking sites do that. Orbitz does it too. I only ever reserve for two adults and then call to add the kids. I've never done it at WDW but have done a few times at DLR and other hotels, never had issues. If ever in doubt, go to the hotel's website and do a dummy booking with kids and then without kids. If the price doesn't change then you know it's fine to book it without the kids.
Unfortunately, non refundable is non refundable, I would not count on getting points back if you had to cancel.

Don't add the kids. I hate when 3rd party booking sites do that. Orbitz does it too. I only ever reserve for two adults and then call to add the kids. I've never done it at WDW but have done a few times at DLR and other hotels, never had issues. If ever in doubt, go to the hotel's website and do a dummy booking with kids and then without kids. If the price doesn't change then you know it's fine to book it without the kids.
Unfortunately, non refundable is non refundable, I would not count on getting points back if you had to cancel.
Yes, agree if it's non refundable you can't change it. All of mine have been refundable

Would this also apply if the booking is just for one adult and one kid? I haven't booked our room yet but didn't realize the price could change like that.

Would this also apply if the booking is just for one adult and one kid? I haven't booked our room yet but didn't realize the price could change like that.

I don't know, but another example is for my same dates

I haven't tried he one adult one kid thing, but aside from the pofq points increasing, another ex is pop goes from 9k points for 2 adults to 11k when I add my kiddos. Annoying. I am trying to decide if I should just give it a try adding the kids by phone or book on Hotwire at the still great rate (although not free) of $114.

I just booked a last minute trip, too, using chase points at POFQ. I booked for myself and my daughter, and it was about $100/night. I called Disney and talked to someone in wholesale reservations to get my Disney confirmation number, and they added my daughter's age. When I added the number to MDE, it ended being a garden view room. Great deal! These tend to show up closer to your travel dates. We did the same thing at spring break at WL for about $170/night.

I haven't tried he one adult one kid thing, but aside from the pofq points increasing, another ex is pop goes from 9k points for 2 adults to 11k when I add my kiddos. Annoying. I am trying to decide if I should just give it a try adding the kids by phone or book on Hotwire at the still great rate (although not free) of $114.
You might try talking to someone in Disney wholesale reservations, and see if they know if you could change your travel party number after you book? I just booked at POFQ for that price, but I only have 2 in my party, but I did call them to get my Disney confirmation number.

Just wanted to say thanks for the information provided on this thread. I'm not a big CC player, but I have been reading and gleaning ideas on here for over a year now.
A few weeks ago we had not planned our summer vacation when my boss unexpectedly offered me her time share points. (She couldn't use them and they were set to expire.) We looked at several locations she had open and with flights being so soon we ended up choosing Orlando.
We got our airfare for just the 9/11 fees ($45 for 4 people roundtrip). We also got our car rental for points. I would not even have had those points if I had not read this thread. I really appreciate the advice here and was able to enjoy a last minute vacation without the worry of how much extra it was costing. :-)

You might try talking to someone in Disney wholesale reservations, and see if they know if you could change your travel party number after you book? I just booked at POFQ for that price, but I only have 2 in my party, but I did call them to get my Disney confirmation number.
Ok thank you! Where can I find that number?

Ok thank you! Where can I find that number?
I don't know of a direct way to call them, so I just called the main reservation number, waited on hold for an eternity, and then asked to be transferred to someone in the wholesale department. The first time I booked through Chase I tried to get my Disney confirmation number from Chase, but they seemed to have no idea how to get it. It's easy through Disney wholesale. They can also add your room requests and all of that.

I don't know, but another example is for my same dates

One night at Poly went up $40 when I added a kid (paying with points & $) so I booked it with 2 people only. I will call Disney Wholesale to add DS. I am giving it 24 hours to make sure the reservation is in their system. (I booked today)

One night at Poly went up $40 when I added a kid (paying with points & $) so I booked it with 2 people only. I will call Disney Wholesale to add DS. I am giving it 24 hours to make sure the reservation is in their system. (I booked today)

Let me know for sure you are successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter