I missed the SW 60k offer

Can anyone tell me how long after the statement close & points post you can book with the companion pass? We are traveling Jan 29 & Feb 1. I have my flights booked separately with points. Wondering if I'll be able to cancel those & fly either flight on the pass. Thanks!

Once the points post to your RR account (generally 1 day after your cc statement closes), you'll simply go in to SW and you will be able to immediately enter the personal identifiers for your companion (you don't have to wait for anything to come in the mail). You'll then be able to cancel one of the points flights and there will be a link under your name/flight that reads "add companion" that you will be able to click and get the CP flight set up. Obviously, just check to make sure the flight is not sold out prior to canceling the extra points flight. So, if your cc statement closes in early to mid Jan, I find it highly unlikely that you will have any issues setting up the CP for that Jan 29 flight!!

Once the points post to your RR account (generally 1 day after your cc statement closes), you'll simply go in to SW and you will be able to immediately enter the personal identifiers for your companion (you don't have to wait for anything to come in the mail). You'll then be able to cancel one of the points flights and there will be a link under your name/flight that reads "add companion" that you will be able to click and get the CP flight set up. Obviously, just check to make sure the flight is not sold out prior to canceling the extra points flight. So, if your cc statement closes in early to mid Jan, I find it highly unlikely that you will have any issues setting up the CP for that Jan 29 flight!!

Thank you!

I have a somewhat confusing question. Here goes...assume I will have enough miles for the companion pass starting in 2018. But prior to this in 2017 I booked a flight for may of 2018. But I booked that flight using miles from a friends account. So for example, Jane had extra miles and booked a flight for me with her miles. Once I earn my companion pass in 2018, can I add someone as a free companion? Or won't they allow that since my ticket was purchased using janes miles? Does that make sense?

I have a somewhat confusing question. Here goes...assume I will have enough miles for the companion pass starting in 2018. But prior to this in 2017 I booked a flight for may of 2018. But I booked that flight using miles from a friends account. So for example, Jane had extra miles and booked a flight for me with her miles. Once I earn my companion pass in 2018, can I add someone as a free companion? Or won't they allow that since my ticket was purchased using janes miles? Does that make sense?
Yes, you can cancel that flight booked on points and use your CP. "Jane" will get those returned points since they are attached to her RR account.

Yes, you can cancel that flight booked on points and use your CP. "Jane" will get those returned points since they are attached to her RR account.
I probably didn't make my question clear. I only booked one ticket, mine, using Janes miles. I want to keep it, not cancel and add a second person as my companion. Is that allowed?

I probably didn't make my question clear. I only booked one ticket, mine, using Janes miles. I want to keep it, not cancel and add a second person as my companion. Is that allowed?

From what I've read online, it appears, yes, it is allowed. Assuming the flight doesn't become sold out.

"As long as you have a Southwest ticket in your name with your frequent flyer number attached, you can add your companion to the flight. It doesn’t matter who buys or uses points for that ticket."

From what I've read online, it appears, yes, it is allowed. Assuming the flight doesn't become sold out.

"As long as you have a Southwest ticket in your name with your frequent flyer number attached, you can add your companion to the flight. It doesn’t matter who buys or uses points for that ticket."
Thank you. Will try it!

Question: if my wife is an authorized user on my card is she eligible to apply and get the bonus?

Question: if my wife is an authorized user on my card is she eligible to apply and get the bonus?

Being an authorized user on a SW card does not preclude her from applying for her own SW card.

Ok, I applied last week Wednesday for both cards. The due dates on the web site are listed as November 9 & 21. So that puts my statement dates at the 13 -12 th for one card & 25- 24th for the other.

So I should have December 25 to January 12 th to complete spending on both cards & should get the bonus points credited sometime after January 24th. Do I have that all right? (After I message Chase & confirm my spending dates, of course. If spend is earlier than Jan 12, I must complete between Dec 25 & whatever date Chase gives.)

I know I could ask to have the later date moved up a bit to get it sooner, but I think I prefer the spaced out dates so I will leave that alone I think. I have 2 flights booked on points on Jan 29 & Feb 1. If I don't get the CP by then I am ok using the points.

Just want to make sure I have my dates right. Thanks!

Last edited:
I noticed the deal was still available as of October 4, 2017. Any idea when this one goes away?

This is what happened for me as well. When accepted for the first card, it had a place to sign up for an online account. Unfortunately, I apparently mistyped the password on the second line and no matter what I did after that, it would not accept it. I figured I could just open an account on the second card, but that time it didn't give me the option.

I have the Disney Chase card. If I try to log on & accidently put in the wrong password, the site locks. After 1 wrong try. So frustrating but I guess, it is good they are keeping my account safe. When this first started happening, I would have to call & get it unlocked. The last time it happened, I had the option to get a temporary password emailed. Unfortunately because I have to keep changing the password, I keep forgeting what I changed it to & then I mess it up & it gets locked again! :mad:

Also, both my DH's accounts showed up in his online account, even tho I only had to enter the information on the first one.

I noticed the deal was still available as of October 4, 2017. Any idea when this one goes away?

Original info posted on the offer said October 4th. Someone posted an email from SW with the offer & an end date of October 1. Someone else called & was told the offer ends October 3rd. After the July offer there were doctorofcredit links posted that continued to have active links to the supposedly expired offers. Those links continued to work for several weeks after the reported end dates. So at this point, I think it is safe to say no one knows for sure when the current offers will end. I would assume they can end any day now. Or they could be available for weeks.

If you are wanting the CP early in 2018 & are eligible for the cards, I'd apply asap. Would be a shame to miss it because of waiting.

It's expected to end today. However, its not uncommon for a "dead" deal to still have some active links available.

Friendlyadvice2, I received the cards today and set up DH's online account with Chase. I don't see a closing date; how do I figure that out? It says the payment due date on the first is Nov 22 and the 2nd Nov 8. Both were opened the same day. I see your advice is to SM and request the date for me to meet the minimum spend for each card and to request to change the closing date if necessary, but I don't know where to look for the closing date. Before I SM for the above info and the bonus amount and when it will be credited, I want to make sure I have all the info I need.

Thanks so much!!

Friendlyadvice2, I received the cards today and set up DH's online account with Chase. I don't see a closing date; how do I figure that out? It says the payment due date on the first is Nov 22 and the 2nd Nov 8. Both were opened the same day. I see your advice is to SM and request the date for me to meet the minimum spend for each card and to request to change the closing date if necessary, but I don't know where to look for the closing date. Before I SM for the above info and the bonus amount and when it will be credited, I want to make sure I have all the info I need.

Thanks so much!!
Your closing dates will be 3 days from the payment date, so the 25th and 11th. I requested to have my payment date changed to the 26th so my closing date will be the 1st (The 29, 30 and 31 don't count since not all months have them). Hopefully the points will post on the 2nd and I'll have CP shortly thereafter. I only bumped in case we decide to do something in Jan since we have two Mon off. If you don't need CP in Jan, you can just leave the dates alone.

Thanks so much!!
If you Call the customer service number on the back of the card, on of the automated options will give you your next statement close date. You dont even need to speak to a rep. I just cant remember what option it was. :scratchin

OT question...I was going through some old Hotel accounts, from early travel days. I found through Best Western that I have almost 10k points. I also see that these can be trans to SW. Anyone ever done this? Do you think this is a good way to use BW points? I mean we haven't stayed at a BW in years and not sure if I see it coming in the near future. Thoughts...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter