I need to thank Cinderalla herself

Poohbear67

DIS Veteran
Now, we all know these people do a wonderful job and a remarkable gift is what they gave to me last Sept. 2006, but to I have to go back to where it all began when I was just a little girl.

I was adopted at the age of 6 weeks old to a family lets just say that needed allot of help. Growing up I remember allot of things one of them being my father was very ill, well before taking us on vacations here and there but the most important vacation and the last vacation that I would spend with my father whom I loved more than life was at Disneyworld. I remember us walking into MK and down Main Street and meeting Cinderella herself, now this is when I was very very young and I can remember only certain things about the MK. I remember most of my entire father walking me all over and meeting different people and characters but Cinderella was the one that stands out to me. My father told me one day that I would be just like her and I would find my prince one day just as Cinderella and marry him at the Castle. As the days and weeks went on my father found out that he had cancer and would not live, but put a brave front on for me and as I watched my father die, I knew that one day I would be with him again.

Growing up without my father definitely had an impact on my life and certain choices as we all make some good some bad but in the end I am very happy with how my life has turned out it has made me a stronger person. I am a retired pro-wrestler (due to a stroke) and have done many other things in my life that I know my father would be so proud of. I know my father would have been proud of me going out and finding my biological family, in which my biological father and my adoptive mother has also since past away.

Last Sept. 2006 was my first trip back to WDW and it was very exciting and emotional at the same time. As I walked into the MK I felt a tear at my heart and as we (DBF of 3yrs) walked down Main Street I started to cry and then we walked closer to the Castle just as my father and I did when I was a little girl. Remembering what my father had told me I looked at my boyfriend and said we have to see Cinderella now, so off to Toontown we went. While we waited in line my heart was beating so fast and so hard I thought I would have a heart attack right there, as we went through the doors and I got a to see her for the first time in over 35yrs I couldn't not hold my emotions back any longer but what was so weird is at that same moment that I meet Cinderella I felt my Father there with us again.

I was explaining this to Cinderella why I was crying (of course giving her the short version) and she held me and told me that everything would be okay and that it was okay to cry and feel emotional. She even said that someday I would be granted my wish (I know that probably wasn't true I understand they say things to make you feel better) but I am still dreaming of that day.

From that moment and through our entire stay I felt my father's presence with me which I haven't been able to feel since his death. Even as a child I could conceive the fact that he was gone I remember laying down with him thinking that he was sleeping and didn't understand why he wouldn't wake up, my grandmother scolded me for doing this of course but made me understand that my father was in heaven waiting for me to come to him in the field of lilies. Now don't get me wrong I am not a crazy person or anything like that I was 7years old at the time.

For that one special moment with Cinderella I owe her a HUGE Thank you she will never know how much it meant to me, words will never be able to say. Cinderella was extremely and understanding with someone (who was at that time 39 yrs old) to just start to cry like a baby in front of her and she was just such a pleasant human being and I will never forget her kindness.

My Wish if ever it came true would be to have the carriage bring to my Prince and be married in front of the Castle with Cinderella and Prince Charming with us and everyone who would want to be apart of our wonderful day. I can see it now myself in this beautiful carriage being brought down Main Street towards the Castle and getting out with the help of Prince Charming and walking up the staircase to my Prince Charming and coming together as one; with my father's presence there its the perfect place to do it since its that last place I remember my father.

Thank you,

Nancy Ann Bright

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Like you didnt think that was gonna make me bawl. ;) SOOOOOOO sweet story. I am sure your dad is watching down on you all the time, not just at WDW :angel:
Great Story!

You were a pro wrestler? Remind me not to tick you off, I dont want to be put in a headlock or something. :lmao:

I'm so glad you got to feel your father with you again! Im sure that will happen many more times. It's not crazy. I "smell" my Grandma all the time!.

Disney really is a place where dreams come true!

I'm so glad you got to feel your father with you again! Im sure that will happen many more times. It's not crazy. I "smell" my Grandma all the time!.

Disney really is a place where dreams come true!

Thank you I feel so much better that I am not alone in this. I thought people would think I was crazy or something.

I loved your story, thanks

Thank you very much but its was all to thank Cinderalla for the wonderful words of encouragement she gave to me that day. I just wanted people to read just how much I appreicated what she said and how she responded to me on that Sept. day.

Thanks for making me cry first thing in the morning! What a wonderful sweet story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thanks for making me cry first thing in the morning! What a wonderful sweet story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thank you so much. As this was a thank you for Cinderalla she is the one whom I need to thank, she was so kind and thoughtful to me and understanding of an adult crying like I did (lets just say it was kind of funny but not at the same time).

I am glad that this touch someone elses heart.

:sad: :sad: :sad: Dork here!!! ;)

Nancy I know the feeling even though my experience is different but there is something about Disney that just gives you this feeling of comfort, for lack of a better word.

I hope your dream of arriving by carriage to meet your Prince Charming becomes a reality and I'm positive no matter where it is that your dad will be there. :hug:

TTFN
Jetsetter90

I absolutely love your story and I am sitting here crying...I wanna give you a hug:flower1:
xxxxx:) xxxxxxx

Whoah, That's a wonderful thing to share with us. I'm glad your father was there with you all the time.

You are all so kind. Just know that I really appriecate all of your comments and tears as I have and still cry every single time that I tell my story or I visit WDW.

Big thanks to Cinderalla !!! Cinderalla you will never know how much you have impacted my life!

Thank you very much.

Nancy Ann

Nancy - Thank you for sharing your story with us. It has been a pleasure to meet both you and Mike and to spend time with you on two occasions in the past week. I apologize for not looking harder for this thread. The story is lovely and not only brought a tear to my eye, but also reminded me how fortunate I am to still have a mom and dad that I can go visit. Your father sounds like a wonderful daddy. And you didn't turn out too bad either.

Nancy - Thank you for sharing your story with us. It has been a pleasure to meet both you and Mike and to spend time with you on two occasions in the past week. I apologize for not looking harder for this thread. The story is lovely and not only brought a tear to my eye, but also reminded me how fortunate I am to still have a mom and dad that I can go visit. Your father sounds like a wonderful daddy. And you didn't turn out too bad either.

Sorry it has taken me so long to response back but thank you also you have been such a delightful person to meet along with you family.

I am very lucky to have had a father like mine and I just hope that in some way he can see me and is proud of me.

Wow I just checked in to see how many people that have read my thread, oh my I am just amazed. I really want to take the time and just say thank you for taking your time and reading something that means the world to me. This is my "true" story and I really do appriecate all the support, meaning by you reading this thread it means the world to me. Thank you so much.:goodvibes

I just hope that WDW brings back great memories to you as it did to me with the help of a friend "Cinderella".

Nancy Ann Bright:grouphug:

What a wonderful, touching story (I don't even know you and I cried!). There is nothing weird about KNOWING that a person you care about deeply is still with you in some way. We all need to feel that sometimes or we wouldn't be able to deal with death. I'm not trying to get spiritual on you, don't know of what faith, etc...but having some sort of idea that our loved ones are still 'there', somewhere is what makes life worth living!! I felt the same thing on Small World after my first visit after my Disney freak of an uncle passed away (only 44 yrs young and suddenly)..I cried like a baby on that ride. We left the seat next to me empty because he was 'riding' there right with me!! I hope someday your dream comes true and you can be married to your prince charming at WDW!!!

You are just too sweet:) Isn't it nice to know you're never too old for your Daddy. You have lived a fairytale life and you will live "happily ever after". I have no control over that prince of yours but maybe we need to get him a white horse and point him in the right direction so he can ride you off into the sunset. Fingers crossed, candles lit and prayers said so that one day Disney can be taken by storm for the spectacular wedding of Ms Nancy Ann Bright!
luv ya!

You are just too sweet:) Isn't it nice to know you're never too old for your Daddy. You have lived a fairytale life and you will live "happily ever after". I have no control over that prince of yours but maybe we need to get him a white horse and point him in the right direction so he can ride you off into the sunset. Fingers crossed, candles lit and prayers said so that one day Disney can be taken by storm for the spectacular wedding of Ms Nancy Ann Bright!
luv ya!

Okay traci thank you for reading my post. I have live no fairytale but I have tried to make it as if I had. Maybe we will have to hold my dear prince down and beat some sense into him:lmao: (just kidding).

Sorry I haven't posted a response back my grandmother passed away and now our dog Luca is in the Vet Hosp. he is very very sick :sick: and they don't know why, I hope they find out soon i don't think I can go through anymore deaths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter