I pack this.... just in case

Cold Meds!
Cut up sponge that has been drizzled with dish soap and dried at home for the cleaning of refillable mugs.
Power Strip-I never leave home without it.
Shower organizer from the dollar store, it's mesh and packs easy, keeps the shower clutter free of shampoo/body wash bottles.

Power stip is one of the best things I ever started to travel with

What a great thread! I would add to bring a cup to put by the sink for tooth brushes and stuff. Keeps it off the counter. I used those party cups with Disney characters on them that are the heavy duty plastic. Also some empty plastic grocery bags are good for trash bags in the room or just to throw in your day bag. There are all sorts of tutorials out there on how to fold them up into a little triangle for easier storage!

I pack Body Glide or the Bandaid Antichafing to put on our feet so we don't get blisters.

BENADRYL!

I will never NOT have benadryl on me at all times!!! We went to AK one day, DD4 got stung by something, didn't realize it until we took that train ride over to this pavillion(separated from the rest of the park), started having an allergic reaction... Medical care was back across the train ride and across the park near the entrance!

SPEED RAN through people, (sorry if that was you!!!)... to medical where they immed. gave her benadryl...= problem solved...

I will never not have it with me whenever I travel now...

I also like a towel as a marker as a saved area for parades and such as it gives folks arriving later a clearly defined area that you are holding.

I also pack water and snacks as there is nothing worse than getting half way through the line and you got a hungry kid on your hands.

I have a little "emergency travel pack" that always stays in my bag. It has bandaids, moleskin, neosporin, alcohol wipes, motrin, hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, earplugs, extra ponytail holders, bobby pins, chapstick, and a small hairbrush. Also, I always keep 5-7 dollar store ponchos in my bag as well. You never know what you could need!

All of this stuff. I have a small first aid kit that is in one of the travel bar soap containers. I actually have one for each of my kids and one in my back pack. We do several day trips in the summer and my 5 and almost 8 yr old carry there own in a back pack. Also if one kid separates with DH he has a kit just in case. The dollar tree have the neat little towels all folded up in a tiny package. When opened it is the size of a wash cloth but was great for wiping off a wet seat when we set down to eat lunch. I have needed (at one time or another) every single thing I packed . DH complains but when I pop something out that is handy he just shakes his head and gives me the "yep your right honey" look.

For each person, I pack one entire outfit, from the skin out, and put it into someone else's suitcase.

We've never had the airline lose a suitcase. But if they did, it would buy us a day.

For Florida, I pack a pair of shorts,2-3 tank tops, a few pairs of underwear and a bathing suit, along with deodorant, toothbrush,and toothpaste in my carry on luggage. That way, if my luggage is lost, I have enough essentials to get me through a couple of days without having to rush out within 24 hours to buy anything. I also use your tip and divide mine and DFi's clothes between two suitcases, so if one gets lost at least we each have enough clothes.

I've just finished copy and pasting just about everything here for our trip in Oct into a word document!! I figured I better start buying things now so I don't have to try and get it all at once before we leave!!

One thing I'll add, a chafing stick!! When you start sweating, or get wet on a ride, you'll be glad you have it!! We usually put it on before we leave in the morning and reapply as needed throughout the day!! :thumbsup2

Stuff for room and or backpack that I have not seen mentioned

I pack those cute little liquor bottles. They come in handy the last day before I have to get on that bus that takes me to the airport.

Plastic container with tide pods and dryer sheets.

Popcorn

Room spray for Bathroom

Drink packets and single serving juices

Plastic wine cups if at Vero

List of CC numbers as already mentioned but in case you did not see it.

List of phone numbers in case you lose phone.

Baggies for phone or anything you want to keep out of rain.

Phone charger if your lucky enough to find a wall socket to charge it. Extra battery if you have a droid and want to avoid standing around a wall socket.

Pen for autographs

Warm cloths in backpack for winter nights

Disposable bibs

Snack bag for young children and adults.

Drink cups for children. Animal kingdom does not give lids on drinks.

Ask for sample size when you go to doctor so you do not have to take your 90 supplies of prescriptions or to put in second suitcase in case first is lost and not in carry on.

Well this is all I can think of right now. I do keep my luggage in easy access and pack things months before as I think of what to take. Makes packing day less stressful.

I've just finished copy and pasting just about everything here for our trip in Oct into a word document!! I figured I better start buying things now so I don't have to try and get it all at once before we leave!!

One thing I'll add, a chafing stick!! When you start sweating, or get wet on a ride, you'll be glad you have it!! We usually put it on before we leave in the morning and reapply as needed throughout the day!! :thumbsup2

Would you be willing to share your word document? :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter