ID for Alcohol New Policy

Thought I would resurrect this thread as I was reading elsewhere that WDW have reviewed the position and will now accept a colour photocopy of a UK passport.( and other non US countries ) If true, that seems to be a reasonable solution. Colour copy of the passport tucked away in the purse or wallet should be adequate and obviously much safer than carrying the original.

I read that too - however I read it as a colour photocopy of your passport plus an original photo card DL.

I read that too - however I read it as a colour photocopy of your passport plus an original photo card DL.

That is correct. Sorry I should have added it was as well as the driving licence.:thumbsup2

As I said earlier in the thread there was no danger of me taking a passport out and about in the parks and restaurants in the off chance I fancied a drink. I would have stuck with soft drinks.

This compromise will see me back on the sauce.:)

Was so happy when i read this today about them accepting photocopys along with a driving licence. I wasnt going to bother drinking as didnt want to take my passport out with me, but now i can enjoy a frozen cocktail :)

Am in Orlando now - have ordered a few drinks and not once been asked for id in Disney or universal or out & about - I'm 38 by the way lol and not sure this is a positive thing - would rather have been asked as we always carry passports and have no issues with this!

Sally

Have been using my D/L since last Monday at Ariosto locations only today have I been told its not acceptable

Just to let you know, it's not just alcohol that we need a passport as proof of ID for.

When we went to Kennedy Space Centre in the summer, one of the tours that we wanted to go on would only accept passports from non US citizens. We didn't know beforehand so we were unable to take that tour. We asked why and were politely told we needed legal IDs and foreign DLs were not legal forms of ID.

A few times when we were off property we were asked for Passports rather than DLs for cashing a travellers cheque.

Apologies if this has already been said, but I was under the impression that tourists with driving licences from non-English speaking countries had to have an international driving licence too in order to get around the language barrier (and then all that messing around in Feb when it was announced that UK drivers did too). So therefore CMs wouldn't need to be searching for DOBs on foreign IDs.

I don't see carrying a passport with me as an issue, if my bag is staying on my person - it could be considered safer than leaving it in a hotel room that's accessed by housekeeping, or a villa that could be broken into. Water parks could pose a problem unless someone stays with the bags.

I'm teetotal and DH will only have an occasional beer, so it won't really affect us. But I guess we'd need to take them to restaurants in case he has a drink with dinner.

Ok I get every country is different but for the top visiting countries could they not just train the staff where the dob is on a DL. Put a little crib sheet in the bar/booth.

Or if they don't know ask the guest - it's not rocket science.

We always copy passports etc so I'll just take them in the bag.

Ok I get every country is different but for the top visiting countries could they not just train the staff where the dob is on a DL. Put a little crib sheet in the bar/booth.

Or if they don't know ask the guest - it's not rocket science.

We always copy passports etc so I'll just take them in the bag.

It isn't about being able to find the DOB etc it is about not knowing what makes every DL real vs fake. I was presented with one DL that was literally a piece of paper laminated. How am I suppose to know if that is real or fake? Most passports look very similar and have similar shinny markings etc to show it is real so it is easier to tell if it is real or fake. The copied passport was just allowed when people complained about having to carry their real ones. However, a copied passport with a DL is still harder to fake than just a DL.

Oh right, doh little miss naive wasn't even thinking about fakes.

It isn't about being able to find the DOB etc it is about not knowing what makes every DL real vs fake. I was presented with one DL that was literally a piece of paper laminated. How am I suppose to know if that is real or fake? Most passports look very similar and have similar shinny markings etc to show it is real so it is easier to tell if it is real or fake. The copied passport was just allowed when people complained about having to carry their real ones. However, a copied passport with a DL is still harder to fake than just a DL.

Re fake DL's. Three of us are going in a few days time, and all three have different styles of Passport, is everyone trained in all the different styles of these to know whether they are fake or not?

Re fake DL's. Three of us are going in a few days time, and all three have different styles of Passport, is everyone trained in all the different styles of these to know whether they are fake or not?

Like I pointed out most passports have some sort of consistency. They can very from country to country but I've never seen a passport that is just paper. However I have seen DLs and ID cards that are just paper with a photo attached no security features etc. That is why I think PP are easier to determine if they are real or not.

Here now and went to the rose and crown for a drink, the guy behind the bar was very impressed we had photocopys of our passports and a little surprised that we knew about it as he said it had only really just come im to effect. He asked where we found out about it and seemed happy it was out thier lol as he had been turning people away all day who didnt have the correct id.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter