If one or both of your parents have died

I still recall both sets of grandparents' telephone numbers. They were exchange accounts meaning they started with letters not numbers. One number was still in use by an uncle decades after my paternal grandparents had passed on; he moved back home after their deaths.

Don't remember my father's telephone number and my mother is very much alive.

No, but I do have the landline number my parents had when my dad passed.

When my mom passed we just had my cellphone and I no longer have that number.

I still have my Mom's. Daddy died before we all had cells. Dh still has his Dad's and his brother's. Mil still has voice mails and texts from dnephew on her phone. Some from the night he died.

Yea, I still have my Dad's in my phone. Don't know why, he never really used the phone and we even transferred it over to my dd long before he died. But it's still there under Dad. It'll be 7 yrs this January.

Yes. My dad died in December. I still have the number in my phone. I think my stepmother has kept it on so that we can call the voicemail to hear his voice. I haven't been able to do that yet...

Both of my parents are still alive, but I still have my grandparents phone number on my phone. Grandpa died in 2005 and grandma in 2012, but I have yet to delete it.

I don't think my dad ever had his own cell phone - he died in 2005, which is the year I got my first cell phone. I still have their home phone in my phone, but my mom's still living so I use it to call her.

My husband's grandmother passed away 2 years ago and I still keep her cellphone number on my phone, have her birthday automatically on my calendar, and still have her as one my Amazon shipping addresses. I used to have things sent to her house a lot. She was a nice woman who was wonderful to my children.

My father died over 20 years ago way before cells phones were mainstream so I don't still have his number but it took a long time to pull his work number from my rolodex.

My parents died in 2012 and 2015. Their numbers, cell and two landlines, are no longer valid, but they're still stored on my phone. Just a small memory that I like having.
My parents' landline number was issued to my Ddad's grandparents in the 1930's when phone service first became available in our area. It "stayed with the house" when my parents took over the farm and my DMom took it with her to the seniors lodge some 70-odd years later. She passed away a year ago and it was a tough decision to cancel the account and let it go for reassignment. :sad1:

I haven't lost my parents, but I did lose a good friend to a drug overdose a few years ago. His name was Aaron and I have the numbers in my phone sorted as alphabetical by first name, so his is the first one. I just can't bring myself to delete it.

My parents ( who died in 2001 and 2011) never had cell phones. My sister bought my half of their home so I just changed their landline number ID from Mom and Dad to my sister's name.

I still have my moms # in my phone and she passed away 10 years ago and my step dad just 2 years ago and now both of my in laws are gone I kept all of there last messages for as long as I could. On another note about a week ago on Facebook on the same day I got the notification of 2 birthdays and realized they had both died.

Both of my parents are dead, my Daddy died about 6 years before Mama. They had the same phone number for about 20 years before they died. I actually didn't think about deleting it after Mama died but in one of the past new phone purchases it just didn't get transferred.

I saved all the voicemails that my dad had left me on my phone. I do listen to them sometimes even though I know it’ll make me very sad.
Yeah. My dad’s best friend saved some on a computer file and sent them to me too but I still can’t listen to them. Maybe one day...

My dad died in 1984 when I was six years old. Yes I have his number in my cell now as my mum still has the number at the house. I call I multiple times a week and stop by each day on my way to work. I also have my Grampa's number in my phone and he passed away almost 2 years ago.

My dad passed away last year at the end of July. I still have it on my phone too. Can't delete it. I had a voice mail from him too saved but when I switched networks, it was deleted :-( He was my last living parent and I miss him.

do you still keep there number in your phone ?

I do, I just cant seem to delete it

:hug: to you, Jason.

My parents are still alive but when they go their landline will be forever in my mind as they had the same # for at least 40 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter