If Steven Tyler leaves Aerosmith, what happens to RnRC?

Wouldn't it be great if they themed it after the greatest rock band in the world
KI$$

Except the Gene would want 2 dollars added to every admission ticket to go to him and Paul. I also don't think his "image" really works for Disney.

Whatever about Stevens current issues, he was always been a decent guy.
Can't really say the same about Gene, IMO.

I did security for a lot of bands in the late 80s and the only decent rock star I ever met was Steven. (Well Eddie Money was cool, but he was not a rockstar anymore.)
(BTW: The worst ever was Siouxsie Sioux, and I was a fan going back to the days of the Pistols)

Hopefully he gets himself back on track. I don't see them changing the ride unless he does somethign really outlandish.

These guys have been through a lot over teh years and this is just another bump in the road.

Unfortunitly, if they do change the ride I would expect something like the wiggles ;) or the Jonas Brothers.

Somethign Disney can control.

Did you see Mickey get those Jonas Brothers under control on South Park? ;)

DEVO!
devo.jpg

If a change must occur then I'd want to see an American band take over the coaster. Kiss would be very cool...but so would Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi being a bit more "clean" as far as rock bands go.:rolleyes1

Maybe Swiffer or Dell could sponser the ride. ;)

Well they do have a new album comming out:

In recent interviews, Devo has confirmed that they will be completing their new album.
The Studio Notes section of the November 27 issue of Rolling Stone stated that "Devo are working on their first album of new material since 1990's Smooth Noodle Maps. 'We have about 17 songs we're testing out," says frontman Mark Mothersbaugh. 'We've already been contacted by 20 producers - including Snoop Dogg and Fatboy Slim.'"
Fall 2009 has been confirmed as a release date.

It looks like it has been postponed until the Spring of 2010.

I did seem them a few times in the last couple of years and they do look a little ridiculous in those outfits now that they are over 50.

How about the Pogues?
They do the music for the Cadicallic commercial so that would be a tie in.

Can you imagine Shane MacGowan in Disney.

Michael Jackson....LOL....j/k folks don't flame

There's already a Michael Jackson rollercoaster at Phantasialand a theme park in Cologne,Germany.The rides full name is Colorado Adventure the Michael Jackson Thrill ride.The ride was officailly opened by Michael Jackson in 1996 and it's basically similar to Big Thunder Mountain railroad with less theming.

KISS

Because who wouldn't want to hear:

"Rock & Roll All Night"
"Detroit Rock City"
"I Love It Loud"
"God Gave Rock & Roll To You"

umm...well me.
Kiss the most over hyped band of all time.

Perhaps they would go with their original choice (and the 3rd great rock band in the world after the Beatles then Led Zep)
Cheap Trick
ya...all the kiddies could here
I want you to want me and She's tight.
That would fit with Disney :laughing:

20 #1's Disers. The greatest of all time:

THE BEATLES

Too old and dated. plus not together and couldn't do the video part.

I think Spinal Tap would be perfect. And absolutely anyone could stand in as the drummer.

Actually that would be perfect fit because they are a fake group their theme wouldn't get dated like the rest of th bands.

As for world wide appeal, U2 is #1. I know they aren't in the US but worldwide draw nobody can touch them.
But I doubt they would agree to go along.

Realistic choices...The Eagles, Def Lepard, Tom Petty and Heartbreakers?
Matchbox 20, Bon Jovi.
All have huge hits known to various generations that are R&R but not terribly offensive to certain groups, all are still together,
all probably would take the money and attention,

While I do like the idea of a Spinal Tap or Devo or Led Zep, I think the best selection would be the ultimate one-hit wonder bands:
PFTlogo.jpg

As for world wide appeal, U2 is #1. I know they aren't in the US but worldwide draw nobody can touch them.
What about the Rolling Stones?
I think they can "touch them." if you want worldwide appeal.

Personally, for me, the last good U2 album was War.
(The Unforgettable Fire was OK, but for me it was the beginning of the end.)
After the Zooropa tour I will never go see them again, but that’s personal taste, they are obviously more popular now than then.
I also do not see many of their songs (or the stones) really working for a rollercoaster.

No one mentioned the Ramones.
Although they were not big here, they were big in the rest of the world and their music would really work for a roller coaster.
Maybe they can only play three notes, but for some reason the three notes work.
Don't see how they could work a story line though, since all the Ramones that matter are dead.:(

Although I am not a huge fan I also see the Who working if you want someone that is rock and roll and has a long time appeal.
I could see the ride starting with Baba O'Riley, even though the song has been ruined by that lame tv show.
You also have the problem of Pete Townshend "research."

In the end maybe the best option is to have a History of Rock and Roll coaster.
You could cover everything from the early 50s to Current.

What about the Rolling Stones?
I think they can "touch them." if you want worldwide appeal.

Now way. Not even close world wide.
As for album sales, maybe don't know.
But that's a music debate and different topic.

Either way, U2 wouldn't do it.
ans fo the Stones, No way Disney wants a bunch of life long drug addicts associated with their ride so it doesn't matter.
That's why I suggested the ones I did. Their image is better than Stones or Floyd or others.

I know this would never happen, being that this band is broke up and never getting back together, but how awesome would it be if Guns n' Roses were to replace Aerosmith??? Like I said, would never happen.. but it would be awesome.:thumbsup2

Now way. Not even close world wide.
As for album sales, maybe don't know.
But that's a music debate and different topic.

Either way, U2 wouldn't do it.
ans fo the Stones, No way Disney wants a bunch of life long drug addicts associated with their ride so it doesn't matter.
That's why I suggested the ones I did. Their image is better than Stones or Floyd or others.
Really that is just personal opinion. Let's see if they can still draw crowds in another 15 years.
As a draw for a rollercoaster I would agree though.
They do have a larger range of ages for a following that works for a theme park rollercoaster.

BTW, I am not a big stones fan and would listen to U2 over the Stones.
I listened to U2 on BCN in 81 live at the Paradise. (I was too young to go)
I saw them at the Orpheum in 82/83 (First Concert) and every tour after that until Zooropa, so I am not a hater.

Having spent a lot of time in Ireland (as well as Europe and Australia) I think as many people dislike U2 as like them.
Again this in antidotal and personal opinion I admit.

I think (IMO) if Disney sponsored their tour they would do it. It's all about money. The reality of these guys is not always the public image.
Let's not forget they moved part of their business from Ireland to Netherlands for tax purposes. Let's not even talk about the ridiculous amount of many they charged to get into their club in Dublin back before the Celtic Tiger when no one had money.

Don't do that and then preach to the rest of us.
I also do not see their music working for a roller coaster. Maybe I am wrong.

I agree about the stones and drugs, but unfortunately that is part of Rock and Roll, even Aerosmith.

In the end I think the only thing that would cause a retheme of this ride is the untimely death of one of the band members.

The music really works for the ride. Tyler rode it numerous times and choreographed the music personally as I understand it. I don't see too many rock stars doing that.

That’s the biggest issue, finding a band that’s music will fit a rollercoaster and will fit the Disney image.
(BTW: How did Aerosmith fit the Disney image?)
Aerosmith, although great and obviously famous, has never really been huge IMO.
Maybe being from their hometown makes me jaded.
They have fallen in and out of favor over the years and always reinvent themselves (latch onto the current) and do well.

In the end the rollercoaster is the draw IMO, the Aerosmith music compliments it.

In the end you know Disney will most likely do something ridiculous like grab the latest fad band that they own and theme it to that saving lots of $$$.

In the end maybe they will go a whole different direction. How about a Lost rollercoaster? I think I’ll start spreading that rumor ;)

The only band up to this task

Village%2BPeople%2B538840653_452839dd1c_o.jpg

There is not a better choice out there! Look what we have represented here: a cowbow, Indian, police officer,construction worker,biker, and of course our military! How inclusive! Everyone should be happy! And the music...Wow! I can see it now, everyone in line doing the YMCA dance! Good Times! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter