Interest Thread ~ Paper Dolls: Updated list in post #1

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Hello!!!

This is just an interest thread… more information will be forth coming once we iron out some details… Interest has been expressed in hosting a PAPER DOLL swap…. So, I offered to host…..

Please also note that MickeyTeacher (MT) will be taking this swap over for me. Please look for additional information forthcoming and more than likely sign ups will be in a new thread so that she can update the OP.

Thought we could use the following sizes… 3 ½” – 4”…
3 ½” is the size of the Sizzix Dolls and then we could use either 3 ½” – 4” for the Cricut cut paper dolls.

We will have 10 groups of 5 (or more) …as we can always add another swap the first of next year.
Max of 20 groups

All great ideas...
I think I have everything combined...

Here is some of the updates: As of 4/29
Here are some of the group ideas I came up with last night:

Peter Pan Group:
1. Peter Pan
2. Wendy
3. Captain Hook
4. Mr. Smee
5. Tinkerbell

Princess A:
1. Cinderella
2. Snow White
3. Mulan
4. Aerial
5. Sleeping Beauty/Aurora

Princess B:
1. Rapunzel
2. Tiana
3. Jasmine
4. Pocahontas
5. Belle

CM Group:(
examples: Animal Kingdom--Safari Guide
MK--Jungle Cruise Drive, Train Conductor, Haunted Mansion (Crypt Keepers?)....
Monorail Driver, Tram Driver, Bus Driver
Studios--Bell Hop (ToT), Rock Star (rockin' rollercoaster), Stunt Man, Movie Producer, Street Performer/actor, Theater Usher
Epcot--Test Dummy??? )

Disney Princes:
1. Prince Charming
2. Eric
3. Aladdin
4. Beast/Prince
5. Prince Phillip

Disney Guys A:
1. Gephetto
2. Stitch
3. Woody
4. Pinocchio
5. Buzz

Disney Guys B:
1. Capt. Jack Sparrow
2. Indiana Jones
3. Walt Disney?????
4. The Mayor????

Dwarfs:
1. Doc
2. Dopey
3. Sleepy
4. Happy
5. Bashful
6. Sneezy
7. Grumpy

Disney Girls:
1. Lilo
2. Fairy Godmother
3. Jessie
4. Mary Poppins

Alice In Wonderland:
1. Alice
2. White Rabbit
3. Mad Hatter
4. Tweedle Dee
5. Tweedle Dum

Villains A
1. Jafar
2. Cruella
3. Evil Queen
4. Malificent
5. Sid

Villians B:
1. Evil Stepmother and Stepsisters
2. Queen of Hearts
3. Ursula
4. Zurg
5. Gaston

Fairies:
1. Fawn
2. Rosetta
3. Iridessa
4. Silvermist
5. Vidia
6. Tink

Holiday:
1. Cupid
2. Leprechaun
3. Santa
4. Pilgrim

Halloween
(examples: any doll w/ costume)

Sports

Miscellaneous Boys (astronaut; chef, skateboarder, ski, anything):

Miscellaneous Girls: (Pajama girl, girl in curlers, bikini girl)

The BEATLESNeed a vote: are they going to be 60's Beatles in the suits or like hippie beatles-- w/ the hippie beatles add Yoko Ono

Star Wars?
1. Darth Vader
2. Storm Trooper
3. Princess Leia
4. Yoda
5. Luke Skywalker
6. Wookie (sp??)

Epcot Country Dolls:
Mexico--Caballero, Sarape and Sombrero, Senorita
Norway--Viking, Troll
China--Buddah, Emperor, Girl with a Fan?
Germany--Oktoberfest, Lederhosen--Polka dancer LOL
Italy--Gondola Driver
US--Drummer Boy, Colonial
Japan--Geisha Girl, Martial Arts
Morocco--Belly Dancer
France--Mime, Chef. waiter
United Kingdom--Queen, Soldier
Canada--Mounted Policeman, Fur Trapper

Filled in some groups with thoughts... Would we want specific names in each group... or each swapper can choose who they would prefer to work on...

What other groups would you like to see????

If we come up with more than 10 that's okay... We can vote on the top 20 to work on this swap..and save the others....

Yay :yay::yay::yay: Rachel is pulling paper dolls for me to photograph as I type this. I'll have them uploaded by this afternoon. Thanks for hostessing Nan :)

You are so welcome!!!

Didn't know what else to include because I really don't want to stifle creativity!!!!

Can't wait to see instant photos... links and waiting for windows to open is so time consuming... LOL

These dolls are all from swaps on this board. Most were from the paper doll/paper piecing swap last fall, a few are from other swaps.

DSCN3292.jpg

Made by MusicalDisneyDreams

DSCN3295.jpg

Made by LOVEMY3KIDDOS

DSCN3296.jpg

Made by hopemax

DSCN3294.jpg

Made by wdwmickey

DSCN3293.jpg

Made by ohmom

Those are awesome..

I'm going to try to do a Cinderella this week.... I have the perfect paper for her dress.... just testing the waters...

I will do some searching of my past swaps to get some group ideas and I'll post some photos of those I've done for swaps....I'm really impressed with the faces on all the dolls posted--the doll swaps I've been in were blank faces because some people cannot draw a face well.:)
This looks like so much fun!!:cool1:

I'll post again after I have some ideas together....

I think the dolls cut w/ the cricut have the option for the face to be cut and you just doll them up w/ markers....

I have the peachy keen stamps for faces I use.. I need to find the Tram CM I made.. Oh, I did Mary Poppins & Burt not long ago..

I know that MDD and I use the cricut to cut the faces. I need to try cutting some with different facial expressions.

The swap I did last was in 2008...I think I need some updating on new characters? Such as Princess and the Frog, Tangled and so on.

Here were some groups:
Harry Potter, Wizard of Oz, Disney Princess, Alice in Wonderland, Disney Guys (Jack Sparrow, Buzz, Woody, Stitch, Aladdin, Pinocchio, etc.), Disney Girls (Lilo, Wendy, Fairy Godmother, etc.), Villians (Cruella, Evil Queen, Jafar, etc.),
Winnie the Pooh, Incredibles, Holidays, Little Einsteins, Noah's Ark, Nativity Scene

Nancy, now that I don't use Sizzix anymore, I cut all my faces and then chalk them....some I draw by hand-depends on the project.

Pictures to follow...

For mine, I back the eyes with cardstock in the color of choice and chalk the mouth...I love this exchange of ideas:thumbsup2

Alice in Wonderland:
DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

Princess and the Frog Characters:
DSC_0120.jpg

(I made all of these for a client.)

Hockey Swap Set:
ry480-5.jpg

Twilight Characters: (also made for a client)
ry480-4.jpg

We back the eyes with cardstock, use markers for the nose & mouth and sometimes chalk the cheeks.

scrappinstevie--I would love to see some of your other dolls.

ETA: We were posting at the same time--I love those!!!! So creative :)

I thought about the cardstock idea too but didn't know if that was a good option... Glad to know it is an option someone has used..

I need to chalk more.. I have a big ol' set of chalk and I forget about it till I'm done... :(

Drat, I missed one of your postings... off to read it now!

I need to make some of these to keep for myself....

Disney Princess Swap:
ry480-2.jpg

Mary Poppins, Mulan, Tink, Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, and Wendy

Prince Charming, Stitch, and Gepetto:
ry480_2.jpg

Bunny, Clown, Pilgrim, Jack Frost:
ry480-3.jpg

All of these are sizzix dolls.:)
Except Stitch, I used a Wishblade....and I only posted photos of those I made not those I received in exchange.

The swap I did last was in 2008...I think I need some updating on new characters? Such as Princess and the Frog, Tangled and so on.

Here were some groups:
Harry Potter, Wizard of Oz, Disney Princess, Alice in Wonderland, Disney Guys (Jack Sparrow, Buzz, Woody, Stitch, Aladdin, Pinocchio, etc.), Disney Girls (Lilo, Wendy, Fairy Godmother, etc.), Villians (Cruella, Evil Queen, Jafar, etc.),
Winnie the Pooh, Incredibles, Holidays, Little Einsteins, Noah's Ark, Nativity Scene

Nancy, now that I don't use Sizzix anymore, I cut all my faces and then chalk them....some I draw by hand-depends on the project.

Pictures to follow...

All I can say is WOW!!

Love the ideas... I will have to pull all the listings together tomorrow....

Those are great too :) Clearly I need to think outside the box more ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter