Interest Thread ~ Paper Dolls: Updated list in post #1

The swap I did last was in 2008...I think I need some updating on new characters? Such as Princess and the Frog, Tangled and so on.

Here were some groups:
Harry Potter, Wizard of Oz, Disney Princess, Alice in Wonderland, Disney Guys (Jack Sparrow, Buzz, Woody, Stitch, Aladdin, Pinocchio, etc.), Disney Girls (Lilo, Wendy, Fairy Godmother, etc.), Villians (Cruella, Evil Queen, Jafar, etc.),
Winnie the Pooh, Incredibles, Holidays, Little Einsteins, Noah's Ark, Nativity Scene

Nancy, now that I don't use Sizzix anymore, I cut all my faces and then chalk them....some I draw by hand-depends on the project.

Pictures to follow...

Love love love your list!!! And your paper dolls!! I'm in awe.

Here is the MAW sign ups.. in post #3 you can see the completed pages that were done..
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2459705&highlight=maw+sign+ups

Here are my dolls:

Swiss Family Robinson...
101_7756.jpg

Tram CM
101_7745.jpg

Mary Poppins & Burt
100_4533.jpg

As for photobucket...
I have my imgs set at: resolution @ 319 x 239 in my photo info... don't know that that helps much...

I <3 Mary!!!!

The MAW swap was awesome! We made complete albums to swap and return and then made 2 extra pages for extra albums to go to MAW.

are we going to do another MAW album this year? I would love to help on that!

I need to go upstairs and start my list of possible groups for this swap... I'm wondering with the amount of interest if maybe we should open the sign ups end of July to give plenty of time for creativity?? My mind is just racing with thoughts.... so many thoughts... this could be scary!

Yes, I have lots of ideas for paper dolls too...I have to wait until after June to join anything with the character swap coming up-I want to join that one. July is cool.

Also, I love your Tram driver doll! Love the idea of CM dolls! Never thought of that...also Swiss Family Robinson. Book/Movie characters are on my to-do list: Little Women, Gone With The Wind, Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Elvis, The Beatles--oh, were we trying to limit groups????:rotfl2:

Stay safe with those storms--we are forecast for SNOW on Saturday.:scared1:

SNOW is a four letter word....this winter was awful and depressing...and it never seems to end.:sad2:

You must live in Montana or the Dakotas! My BFF lives in Montana and she was dreading going back home after visiting last week.

Yup. I'm tired of winter weather. but I also hate the super hot weather of the south.
I need to move back to Hawaii!!!

Yes, I have lots of ideas for paper dolls too...I have to wait until after June to join anything with the character swap coming up-I want to join that one. July is cool.

Also, I love your Tram driver doll! Love the idea of CM dolls! Never thought of that...also Swiss Family Robinson. Book/Movie characters are on my to-do list: Little Women, Gone With The Wind, Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Elvis, The Beatles--oh, were we trying to limit groups????:rotfl2:

Stay safe with those storms--we are forecast for SNOW on Saturday.:scared1:

Marilyn Monroe????? I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE her!!!! If you make that one, I have to see it!!!! The Beatles would be great for UK in Epcot! Elvis would be hilarious, too!

Survived the storms.. rained most of the night... downpours... had to get up and pump water out of our basement...but no damage other than sleep deprivation!!!

I've come up with some lists... we might have to break this into 2 swaps... one this year and one with a sign up in December with a due date in 2012... just so we have plenty of time to work on our breaks!

SNOW!~ oh no, I would be in tears!!!

Ok, everyone say a little prayer and cross your fingers that the rain stays away on Saturday.. PJ's prom is this weekend and we don't want rain!!!

BAMB, good luck at the race... We've been missing each other via text this week... I think we need a vacation day to catch up!!

I'll post some thoughts on groups and we can tweak as needed... that way we can all start pre-planning while we work on other swaps!

Ok, need to go see if we have heard from some of our SE swappers.... they got hit hard last night!

You must live in Montana or the Dakotas! My BFF lives in Montana and she was dreading going back home after visiting last week.

ND -- but very close to the border of MT. The last couple days have been gorgeous--supposed to be 70 today but get ugly just in time for the weekend.

Marilyn Monroe????? I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE her!!!! If you make that one, I have to see it!!!! The Beatles would be great for UK in Epcot! Elvis would be hilarious, too!

For Marilyn, you could do all her different costumes from her movies--those would be darling, wouldn't they??

Survived the storms.. rained most of the night... downpours... had to get up and pump water out of our basement...but no damage other than sleep deprivation!!!

UGH!! Get rested up for the prom--it will be ok even if it does rain, but your basement might not??!!??
Our basement is good but we've been fighting roof problems due to ice damage over the winter--always something!!

I'm really looking forward to this Paper Doll swap....will be waiting to see your idea list.:thumbsup2

I would so love a Beatles group. My three boys are crazy for the Beatles. My 6 yr old walks around singing their songs all the time - I just love listening to him because he doesn't always know the right words but he sure has the melody right - It's hilarious!

Would love Beatles paper dolls to put in their books. I'm definitely in for this swap!

sorry to highjack for a minute....we still would love some swappers on the Altered Paper Clips swap....please come over and join us!!

Here are some of the group ideas I came up with last night:

Peter Pan Group:
1. Peter Pan
2. Wendy
3. Captain Hook
4. Mr. Smee
5. Tinkerbell

Princess A:
1. Cinderella
2. Snow White
3. Mulan
4. Aerial
5. Sleeping Beauty/Aurora

Princess B:
1. Rapunzel
2. Tiana
3. Jasmine
4. Pocahontas
5. Belle

CM Group:
(examples: Tram CM, Bell Hop, use your imagination)

Disney Guys:
1. Gephetto
2. Aladdin
3. Woody
4. Pinocchio
5. Buzz
~ Capt. Jack Sparrow
~ Indiana Jones

Disney Girls:
1. Lilo
2. Fairy Godmother
3. Jessie
4. Mary Poppins

Alice In Wonderland:
1. Alice
2. White Rabbit
3. Mad Hatter
4. Tweedle Dee
5. Tweedle Dum

Villains:
1. Jafar
2. Cruella
3. Evil Queen
4. Malificent

Holiday:
1. Cupid
2. Leprechaun
3. Santa
4. Pilgrim

Halloween
(examples: any doll w/ costume)

Sports

Miscellaneous Boys:

Miscellaneous Girls:

The BEATLES

Open to other suggestions... fill in gaps... just toss ideas out so all input is appreciated!!!!!!

I would so love a Beatles group. My three boys are crazy for the Beatles. My 6 yr old walks around singing their songs all the time - I just love listening to him because he doesn't always know the right words but he sure has the melody right - It's hilarious!

Would love Beatles paper dolls to put in their books. I'm definitely in for this swap!

LOL Danielle!! My little guy (6 years old) LOVES them too!! We got him a shirt and cd for Easter!!

I really like the cast member group idea....I was thinking Epcot country dolls would be a lot of fun but would take, what 2 groups at least? A Viking in Norway, a Mexican Sombrero guy, The Mime in France, Royal Soldier in UK...lots of possibilities there.

What would the Misc. groups be?

I think I would change Tinkerbell in Princess Group B to Rapunzel or another princess because she is already listed in Group A.

More Disney Guys: Buzz, Capt. Jack Sparrow, Indiana Jones...

It's been a really long day and my brain is overloaded....I like your groups so far.:thumbsup2

see notes in blue

I really like the cast member group idea....I was thinking Epcot country dolls would be a lot of fun but would take, what 2 groups at least? A Viking in Norway, a Mexican Sombrero guy, The Mime in France, Royal Soldier in UK...lots of possibilities there.

Actually discussed that with my DH... He laughed and said.. yea, and then I forgot to write it down.. Will add them tomorrow..

What would the Misc. groups be?

Things like a girl: swimmer, ballerina, band members, just kinda of anything.. girl in curlers...

Same for boys.. minus the curlers... well, who is to say after the kid I watched walk out of our high school today... He made my head hurt!

I think I would change Tinkerbell in Princess Group B to Rapunzel or another princess because she is already listed in Group A.

Will change to Rapunzel tomorrow.. couldn't think of anything to what i had.. was drawing a complete blank..

More Disney Guys: Buzz, Capt. Jack Sparrow, Indiana Jones...

other great ideas.... will add them... we could do another Dis Guy group..
It's been a really long day and my brain is overloaded....I like your groups so far.:thumbsup2

I totally understand.. My DD had her first job interview today, I was dealing w/ water in the basement.. getting ready to leave in 30 for NHS ceremony for DD...

I think I need a sweet drink when I get home!!!!

A few more ideas:

Star Wars?
Darth Vader
Storm Trooper
Princess Leia
Yoda
Luke Skywalker
Wookie (sp??)

Fairies:
Fawn
Rosetta
Iridessa
Silvermist
Vidia
Tink

Villains:
Evil Stepmother and Stepsisters
Queen of Hearts
Capt. Hook
Ursula
Zurg
Gaston

Guys:
Walt Disney?????
Prince Charming
The Beast/Prince
Dwarfs
Genie
Stitch

CM's:
Animal Kingdom--Safari Guide
MK--Jungle Cruise Drive, Train Conductor, Haunted Mansion (Crypt Keepers?)....
Monorail Driver, Tram Driver, Bus Driver
Studios--Bell Hop (ToT), Rock Star (rockin' rollercoaster), Stunt Man, Movie Producer, Street Performer/actor, Theater Usher
Epcot--Test Dummy???

For the Beatles group....are they going to be 60's Beatles in the suits or like hippie beatles--they should probably be all in the same era....I was thinking Ed Sullivan type young Beatles in suits with the shaggy haircuts. Or you could do hippie beatles and add Yoko Ono! LOL

All great ideas...
I think I have everything combined...

Here is some of the updates:
Here are some of the group ideas I came up with last night:

Peter Pan Group:
1. Peter Pan
2. Wendy
3. Captain Hook
4. Mr. Smee
5. Tinkerbell

Princess A:
1. Cinderella
2. Snow White
3. Mulan
4. Aerial
5. Sleeping Beauty/Aurora

Princess B:
1. Rapunzel
2. Tiana
3. Jasmine
4. Pocahontas
5. Belle

CM Group:
(examples: Animal Kingdom--Safari Guide
MK--Jungle Cruise Drive, Train Conductor, Haunted Mansion (Crypt Keepers?)....
Monorail Driver, Tram Driver, Bus Driver
Studios--Bell Hop (ToT), Rock Star (rockin' rollercoaster), Stunt Man, Movie Producer, Street Performer/actor, Theater Usher
Epcot--Test Dummy??? )

Disney Princes:
1. Prince Charming
2. Eric
3. Aladdin
4. Beast/Prince

Disney Guys A:
1. Gephetto
2. Stitch
3. Woody
4. Pinocchio
5. Buzz

Disney Guys B:
1. Capt. Jack Sparrow
2. Indiana Jones
3. Walt Disney?????
4. The Mayor????

Dwarfs:
1. Doc
2. Dopey
3. Sleepy
4. Happy
5. Bashful
6. Sneezy
7. Grumpy

Disney Girls:
1. Lilo
2. Fairy Godmother
3. Jessie
4. Mary Poppins

Alice In Wonderland:
1. Alice
2. White Rabbit
3. Mad Hatter
4. Tweedle Dee
5. Tweedle Dum

Villains A:
1. Jafar
2. Cruella
3. Evil Queen
4. Malificent
5. Sid

Villians B:
1. Evil Stepmother and Stepsisters
2. Queen of Hearts
3. Ursula
4. Zurg
5. Gaston

Fairies:
1. Fawn
2. Rosetta
3. Iridessa
4. Silvermist
5. Vidia
6. Tink

Holiday:
1. Cupid
2. Leprechaun
3. Santa
4. Pilgrim

Halloween
(examples: any doll w/ costume)

Sports

Miscellaneous Boys (astronaut; chef, skateboarder, ski, anything):

Miscellaneous Girls: (Pajama girl, girl in curlers, bikini girl)

The BEATLES
Need a vote: are they going to be 60's Beatles in the suits or like hippie beatles-- w/ the hippie beatles add Yoko Ono

Star Wars?
1. Darth Vader
2. Storm Trooper
3. Princess Leia
4. Yoda
5. Luke Skywalker
6. Wookie (sp??)

Epcot Country Dolls:
Mexico--Caballero, Sarape and Sombrero, Senorita
Norway--Viking, Troll
China--Buddah, Emperor, Girl with a Fan?
Germany--Oktoberfest, Lederhosen--Polka dancer LOL
Italy--Gondola Driver
US--Drummer Boy, Colonial
Japan--Geisha Girl, Martial Arts
Morocco--Belly Dancer
France--Mime, Chef. waiter
United Kingdom--Queen, Soldier
Canada--Mounted Policeman, Fur Trapper

Open to other suggestions... fill in gaps... just toss ideas out so all input is appreciated!!!!!!

BAMB, good luck at the race... We've been missing each other via text this week... I think we need a vacation day to catch up!!

I know!!! I feel like I'm being a bad friend but I've been doing a lot of driving and I don't want to text and drive.

ND -- but very close to the border of MT. The last couple days have been gorgeous--supposed to be 70 today but get ugly just in time for the weekend.

Figured. BFF said MT was due for snow this weekend. BLECH!! I don't know how she'll survive the next few years while DH is stationed there.

Keep in mind the Beetles group at EPCOT is done as of April 30. They are going to be at a new venue somewhere in the Downtown Orlando area starting May 14.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter