Interest Thread - Ribbon Swap?

I'm really pushing for sign-ups on the 15th ;) I'm hoping Rachel can get the rough draft of the groups ready and posted by this Saturday. She's so excited that Nan trusted her with hosting :goodvibes

I like the color idea best..that way we could get solid, strip, dots, flowers....
I'm not sure if I'll be able to play....but I'm going to try... I know that in the past most of the ribbon has been cut...but others had just went and purchased those dollar spools and called it a day... it was whatever worked best for the swapper...

Don't feel obligated to make this a huge swap.. We can always have one now..and then turn around and have one again in the spring.. and then again in the fall... there is never enough ribbon!

I know you'll do well MDD!!! I have no doubt!!!

Just let me know what date works for you.. I've got a soccer game on the 15th..but am in town so if you need me you or mom can hit my cell phone.. the 29th, I will be partying it up with my 18 year old for her birthday!!! (which is actually the 30th but Saturdays are better party days and who knows what her friends have in store for her)...

I think we'll go with colors then. Rachel and I talked about it this morning and she really loved the idea of any pattern by color.

Nan--I love the idea of doing this swap maybe twice a year or even quarterly. That way we could take advantage of the seasonal ribbon at the craft stores ;)

That would work out nicely..and wouldn't make Rachel feel as if she can't say no... we don't want to lose her in a pile of ribbons and decide hosting isn't for her... :)

Just trying to get a sort-of plan in my head...going with colors...does that mean you will or will not be doing a Disney, Halloween and / or Christmas group? They were the ones I was most interested in...I'll probably play either way, but trying to make a plan of action!! LOL Just not sure I fully understand "color"...just like a red group, a yellow group, and orange group....etc? Or, will there still be any color combos? Sorry to be a pain, but I want to be on the lookout for some great ribbon. If I see it, I want to buy it before it disappears!! :lmao:

So I'm thinking colors, Disney, Halloween and Christmas. I'll have the list posted by Saturday and I'm thinking the 15th would be better for sign-ups. That way, we can take advantage of sales on Halloween ribbon. :goodvibes

For colors, I'm thinking one for each color of the rainbow, as well as black, white, and brown, and they can have different patterns on them.

We'll make the maximum width be 1".

Colours works for me. Could we also have a random pattern group? Not so much like the scrap one where you'd have to work out who did what, but where you'd still send in x bundles of ribbon but they wouldn't all have to be the same pattern. I love surprises! By the way, can you tell I still really want to get rid of the ballet shoe ribbon?:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

If its a later sign-up could we have mid/late January due date please? I just get nervous of stuff going missing in December with all the extra mail around!

Mazda--we're going with an October 15th sign-up :) We'll definately have a mixed/surprise group! Also, we're planning on doing the ribbon swap every 4-6 months. That way we can make it more "seasonal" and take advantage of sales at the craft stores.

How is this working? Are we (for example) sending one or two yards of one ribbon per person in the group? Or do we send 1 or 2 yards of (for example) 4 or 5 different ribbons per person in the group? If the second option is the requirement, then that would be say 4 - 10 yards needed of each ribbon, right? Sorry if this is confusing everyone...just trying to solidify my game plan again!! LOL

Urgh...I have a ribbon obsession. There's a great store in RI that has spools and spools of grosgrain and ric rac and baby ric rac and printed ric rac...I'll have to think about this one.

Ooooooohhhhh!! Field trip Jennifer?? My Aunt lives in RI...I should go visit!!!! Speaking of RI, how's Holly??

Ooooooohhhhh!! Field trip Jennifer?? My Aunt lives in RI...I should go visit!!!! Speaking of RI, how's Holly??

It's actually in Holly's town. I love it there. She's doing okay. Has a septic issue with the town, not thrilled about that, but has no choice but to do their requested changes.

Come on over for a visit, I'd love to meet you!

How is this working? Are we (for example) sending one or two yards of one ribbon per person in the group? Or do we send 1 or 2 yards of (for example) 4 or 5 different ribbons per person in the group? If the second option is the requirement, then that would be say 4 - 10 yards needed of each ribbon, right? Sorry if this is confusing everyone...just trying to solidify my game plan again!! LOL

Rachel and I decided on 1 yard of ribbon per person last night, so 5 yards of ribbon if there are 5 people in the group.

We wanted to get up that way this past summer, but it slipped away from us before we knew it...maybe next summer?? I'll let you know!

Rachel and I decided on 1 yard of ribbon per person last night, so 5 yards of ribbon if there are 5 people in the group.

Ok...so we are only sending in one type also? Not 2-3 or whatever per person? Lol I feel like a huge pain with the questions!!!!

I think so...how does everyone feel about that? One type of ribbon per person or two?

Rachel and I are kind of "feeling" our way through this, since we've never done a ribbon swap. I know we'll learn from this one and "tweak" the next ribbon swap in the spring.

What has been done in the past.. is you sign up for the groups just like a regular swap...
So, Pink group...

1. WDWM ~ solid
2. MDD ~ polka dot
3. lm3ks ~ pattern
4. PN ~ stripes
5. AWM ~ surprise (so it could be any of the above or whatever she finds)

Each person sends a yard per person of their ribbon.. so there will be 5 individual baggies in one big group bag...

Christmas Group you can do just as group... anything goes... doesn't have to specify...

Thanks for that info Nan :) That helps answer several questions that we had!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter