is anyone else concerned about addiction to WDW?

girlsmom

Mouseketeer
we got back sat night and i am so sad...i miss WDW so much.
its our third yr in a row of going in sept, and each yr it gets harder and harder to leave.
this time, when we walked into MK i felt like "ahh, i am home"

am i as crazy as DH thinks i am....? please tell me some of you feel this way too???

I don't know.. Would you consider The Dis rehab or the pusher?

I know exactly how you feel. I too felt a loss the first few times I'd leave. As soon as I got home I'd start planning the next years WDW vacation. It helped keep me in the loop...kind of what I do here now :thumbsup2

It's all that magic & feeling of pure fun. I loved to watch my children when they were small take it all in & see the smiles on their faces when the characters would come up to them to get their pics taken.

For some like myself, it is an addiction...one I refuse to get help for:rotfl2:

I to get sad when leaving. I joked with my wife that when we return from our trip in Nov., I will need to take up drinking so that I can forget about my post-disney depression.

It really is a magical place. One of the few times us adults can act like kids and forget all of our worries. Having small children there makes it so special.

yes its the magic and awe i see on my children's faces...oh how i love it. (and you know, I guess I am REALLY REALLY dreading the day that it isnt "magic" to them anymore. I recall when I was 13 and my parents decided to take my youngest 2 siblings who were preschool aged at the time and I stayed home w/ friends b/c I didn't want to go. oh it will kill me when my chidlren dont want to go anymore!!)

Maybe we should have a support group. It seems one trip a year isn't enough for me anymore, and now I have to go twice a year. :rotfl:

I am the same way. I get very sad when I leave the Magic Kingdom for the last time. I left on Sept 16th and still almost cry when I hear disney music or look at my souvenirs. I have been using this board to help with disney withdrawl :) It is hard to leave and resume boring "normal life," there is no place like WDW.

Could be worse, you could be addicted to crack.:lmao:

I always use the analogy that it is more like heroin:

-That first "trip" you get that huge high from going.
-Then you just want to relive that high again.
-You find yourself spending more and more time thinking about it.
-You finally get to the next "trip" and its great.
- There's a huge letdown when the "trip" is over.
-When you come back, you can't wait to go on another "trip". You keep counting the days to your next "high".
-You find yourself spending more time and money trying to relive the same high of your last "trip".
-Others can't understand why you are behaving so strangely.
- You become socially outcast, only able to hang out with others with the same addiction.

OK, I've never taken heroin, but I've been to Walt Disney World, and I need to get back, dammit!:crazy:

SkierPete

Yea I am getting teary-eyed now thinking about our last day and walking away from the castle:(

YES I think definitley multiple trips a year are in order...if only I could win the lottery to fund them -HA! :)

thank you all so much for your support and its good to know I am not the only one with this addiction!!

I will join in. We just got back a week ago and the depression really sat in this weekend. We don't go ever year but there is a trip planned for Sept. 2011..... 101 weeks or 706 more days....yes I am addicted.

Me, addicted to WDW? Never... ;)

I mean we used to go just once a year for a week, then in 2007 we went 4 times (4-5 days each), then in 2008 we went for 10 days, and this year we went in June for 6 days. When we got back we decided to go again in August because we found I great rate for the Poly for 8 nights- I mean we just couldn't pass it up! And now we are going again in December from the 19th - 27th. I don't think that is an addiction, do you? :rolleyes1

Joining in as well. I got back on the 21st - and yes I'm headed down again 10/12 - but the depression and the need to know I am coming back next year is getting stronger. (I can make excuses as to why I traveled twice in one month, but really, there is no excuse besides saying, I can go.)
So, yes: Hi, my name is Joolish1313 and I am addicted to Disney. :cutie:

Concerned? I am not concerned at all! It is completely healthy for a 31 year old father of 4 to put more money aside for his WDW addiction than for his own retirement. I don't think there is a problem at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter