is anyone else concerned about addiction to WDW?

OK, I finally found the words on my most recent trip. I almsot teared up on when the plane landed; Disney is my "happy place", where there is no work, no stress, no bills, no fighting, but crying...just happiness.

Some people go to a cabin in the woods to get away from it all. Some people go to a cottage on a lake, and some people go to a house on the coast to recharge and get away from the rest of the word. I go to Disney World

Ress

Another addict here..I love going and planning our trips to DW so much...This will be our third year in a row and DH says we must go somewhere else next year. He says he wants to pan for gold - wow exciting - then it dawned on me. Californa has gold to pan and DL. Hmmmmm gotta think on that....

hi
my names paul and im a disholic...its been 12months since my last fix

for me i new i was a disholic when i started thinking which of my nephews and nieces i could take when my kids didnt want to go and i needed to get my fix. on the up side my kids only fell out with wdw for a small time and now we can go together again. you know there is so much worse we could be hooked on.

1 year today till we go again...can't wait

You sound like my whole family..
but luckily we got to fix that by movin an hour away from the world :worship:
But we did about 3 trips a year..and each one got harder and harder to leave, to the point we actually cried on the plane on the way home...
But yes, it is an addiction..and I think it's totally normal....maybe that's why people think i'm totally crazy:confused3 lol

Oh yes, welcome to the club of Disney addicts! The Disboards feed the addiction big time.

I can't be addicted...(yet)---I haven't even been...(yet)--- But, I did see the 4/3 deal and peeked at my kids school calendar and kinda said sumptin' to my DH about it and sorta looked at about how much it'd be on the WDW site and what resort we'd like to maybe try and...

Do you think this a precursor to some kind of 'addiction'? Even my DH who has never been and NEVER wanted to EVER go to Disney is alread sad about coming back and we haven't even left!!!:rotfl: I've been so mushy and sentimentel over all of this and start getting teary eyed with the mere mention of the "D" word. I just love seeing life thru the eyes of my children and the joy they get out of everything in life---SOOOOO Magical!!!

And yeah, I haven't even been.... YET!!!:yay:

uhhh im here on property right now! at the contemporary to be exact and ive only got 4 days left and im already getting sad!! :sad2: :sad2: i know its rediculous! :confused3 But my mom called to tell me she booked us for MLK weekend in january (4 my birthday!! :goodvibes) at POFQ! sooo when i get back home ill already get to be planning for my next trip! YAY! :wizard:

Oh yes, welcome to the club of Disney addicts! The Disboards feed the addiction big time.

So true! I am planning our second trip to WDW this coming November. We are not able to travel to WDW often, so I know that this will be our last trip for a number of years. The first time, I didn't know about this board - our trip was not as well planned. This time, I have discovered THE BOARD. . .and I CANNOT STAY OFF OF IT. Definitely addicted. I will say that I have learned so much here. . . and I will be better prepared for our trip. But I am not getting anything else done. I am a freelance writer so I am always on the computer anyway. . .but I find myself checking "THE BOARDS" fifty times a day. I am so excited about our trip and I love DISNEY. . .but I wonder what I will do when I get home. Will I still be checking THE BOARDS when I have no trip to plan? Yikes. . .well, I have an article to finish so I need to sign out, but I may check one, maybe two, more threads before I go.

:scared1:
we got back sat night and i am so sad...i miss WDW so much.
its our third yr in a row of going in sept, and each yr it gets harder and harder to leave.
this time, when we walked into MK i felt like "ahh, i am home"

am i as crazy as DH thinks i am....? please tell me some of you feel this way too???

Well, since you are here on Dis, guess it is too late to ask, YOU ARE ADDICTED TO DISNEY:scared1::scared1::scared1: just like the rest of us.:grouphug:

Ok, my whole family has this addiction, but lets all face it; Do I really want to go to rehab or a 12 step program to break this habit? The answer to that is without a doubt a strong solid NO!!!! I am quite content to continue to feed this addiction, I just wish I could go on a move to Florida and feed the addiction more!!!

As one who is also addicted to WDW I can only say one thing..."I've got a Mouse on my back":earsboy:

Ok, my whole family has this addiction, but lets all face it; Do I really want to go to rehab or a 12 step program to break this habit? The answer to that is without a doubt a strong solid NO!!!! I am quite content to continue to feed this addiction, I just wish I could go on a move to Florida and feed the addiction more!!!

I second that!

It has been determined that Pixie Dust is a gateway drug:tinker:

I totally know how you feel. I used to cry taking the monorail from Epcot while looking back on Spaceship Earth.

Now that we live down here and go often, my anxiety is gone as I know I can come back anytime I want.

We just returned home saturday night and already miss it so.....:sad1: We had a great time. Wish I could go back 2010!:tinker: I need more Pixie Dust!!!

The DIS IS our support group! It's the only way to tolerate extended absences from the parks!

No, as much as I love WDW, I am generally content that I only go every 3-4 years. When I leave I feel content and happy not depressed. I'd hate to feel depressed after a vacation.

Yes you are WDW crazy :hippie: , so am I, and hubby too. In my experience it just keeps getting worse.. Good news is you're not alone here!! :goodvibes

we got back sat night and i am so sad...i miss WDW so much.
its our third yr in a row of going in sept, and each yr it gets harder and harder to leave.
this time, when we walked into MK i felt like "ahh, i am home"

am i as crazy as DH thinks i am....? please tell me some of you feel this way too???

I have the Disney World addiction! We got back a week and a half ago and I'm so sad. I miss it SOOOO much!! I need to have another trip planned and I don't right now. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter