is anyone else concerned about addiction to WDW?

I always use the analogy that it is more like heroin:

-That first "trip" you get that huge high from going.
-Then you just want to relive that high again.
-You find yourself spending more and more time thinking about it.
-You finally get to the next "trip" and its great.
- There's a huge letdown when the "trip" is over.
-When you come back, you can't wait to go on another "trip". You keep counting the days to your next "high".
-You find yourself spending more time and money trying to relive the same high of your last "trip".
-Others can't understand why you are behaving so strangely.
- You become socially outcast, only able to hang out with others with the same addiction.

OK, I've never taken heroin, but I've been to Walt Disney World, and I need to get back, dammit!:crazy:

SkierPete

You may have not taken heroin, but you've definitely taken something. :hippie:

working on plans for my Sept 2011 trip now and came across this post and saw some new responses I hadn't seen before --yall are AWESOME! haha!
...I want to hear from some more addicts!!!

We have the same problem, so we start planning our next trip the week after we get home.
Sad I know.

Count me in...
I have somehow made our Once in a Lifetime trip turn into a yearly vacation ;)

My name is Krysten and I am a Disney-aholic. I have been this way for 24 years now, and have no plans of giving it up. :rotfl:

We have a trip planned for this coming August, and while we haven't even gone on this trip yet, we have already started planning the next one!!:rotfl:

I for one am a addict..ok step one done..but I don't want to stop I like it a lot..Besides rehabs' for quitters and I don't plan on ever stopping this addiction lol (no harm meant, it is a joke only)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter