Is BOG breakfast or lunch really that cool?

The breakfast is good. Is it "I'll spend 20-something-dollars" good? NO. Is it "I have a QS and need a spot in MK to eat good" Yes.

The hype comes from getting to eat in Beast's castle. The long bridge and closed doors give it an exclusive appeal. The inside is definitely cool. Having been there, would I go out of my way to book it? Probably not. Give me a Nutella Waffle Sandwich at Sleepy Hollow and I'll be a happy man; but I think everyone should experience it once.

I've done all three meals there and while you really can't beat the setting, only dinner and MAYBE lunch was worth it. Breakfast was a complete waste of money for food that was barely edible. The food took almost 20 minutes to get to us (and it wasn't even that busy a morning) and I got the poached eggs on sourdough toast and not only was the toast cold and hard, the eggs were cold and completely solid inside. The staff was completely frazzled, I think because of a problem earlier in the morning, but they were all really nice and I didn't have to pay for my breakfast once I showed it to them. They offered me something else but the rest of my party was almost done eating and I didn't want to make them wait so I passed and our waitress brought me a few of the pastries anyway. She was incredibly sweet.

Lunch was good, nothing big to write home about but much better than breakfast. The waiting on line isn't fun, especially on busy days, but the food gets to you pretty speedily and I'll admit presentation in the domes and how they find your table is pretty "magical."

Dinner, when I went not long after the restaurant opened, was amazing. We got a seat right by the windows in the ballroom and watched the snow and it was a heavenly full-sensory experience. My food was amazing but they've since discontinued that item so I've been hesitant to go back.

If you're B&TB fans then it is definitely a must do just to see it but definitely drop the breakfast...*shudder*

I think if you're on the dining plan its good value for a quick service meal. I had lunch and breakfast and thought both were good - and I thought the dining rooms were very nice. That said - it's expensive if you're not on the dining plan - and it's way at the back of the park so maybe out of the way. If you're going to be at magic kingdom at that time anyway - and you have a good time for your reservation I would do it. If you're feeling unsure - maybe compromise and just keep the more convenient of the two reservations.

We all love it there so much we're doing 3 lunches and 2 breakfast on our 8 day trip! I would rather be inside eating breakfast then outside at the front hub waiting for the park to open. We love the atmosphere and the food. We always get at 8:00 am reservation for when the park opens at 9:00 we are tucked away inside at Beast castle waiting for the hustle and bustle of our day to start.

I would keep the lunch reservation. It's a nice AC'd break in the middle of a hot MK day and I think the food is really good for quick service. The pork is my favorite.

I think everything is worth a try, at least once. If you're new and haven't been before, I say try it. Take the pressure off yourself--you will not do everything in one trip. There are people with annual passes who will tell you they still haven't done it all. It's just simply impossible. To me, if your kids LOVE beauty and the beast, go for dinner. Then they can see the restaurant, meet the beast, and then you can cross it off your bucket list. We went in 2016, and I enjoyed myself so much. The restaurant is gorgeous, the food was great, the service was awesome. I genuinely think it's worth the visit. I've never been during lunch or breakfast, so I can't attest to that, but as you mentioned, your children love the movie, why skip it? It's so immersive and well-thought out. Maybe it's not what it was when it first opened, but that doesn't mean you guys can't try it. One thing I need to be better about is trusting my gut. Just because a handful of people claim a place sucks doesn't mean it would suck for me. I say, go. It's lovely.

I like it. It's nice to have a QS ADR when the parks are slammed. The theming is great and the AC is nice and cold. The food is fine, heaps better than Cosmic Ray's or Pinocchio's IMHO. I'll do lunch every trip, PPO breakfast if I have the Dining Plan. The breakfast is overpriced otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter