Is Chapek on the verge of being fired?

I don’t see why not🤷‍♂️. Six flags New England, where I am closest to, was charging $70 per adult per day prior to the pandemic, and They aren’t even close to the same weight class as Disney. I have more of a problem with hotel pricing, but even then, there are literally hundreds of less expensive options right off property.

Their season passes are $50, how is it $70 for a single day? :oops: I've only ever gone when someone gives me free tickets, though, since it's not worth even $50 to me.

Their season passes are $50, how is it $70 for a single day? :oops: I've only ever gone when someone gives me free tickets, though, since it's not worth even $50 to me.
I completely agree with you, you can go for half price with a can of coke most of the time😂. I’m just telling you face value. I believe that season passes in 2018 were $80, and since most people only go for a single day, it really wasn’t worth it

I completely agree with you, you can go for half price with a can of coke most of the time😂. I’m just telling you face value. I believe that season passes in 2018 were $80, and since most people only go for a single day, it really wasn’t worth it
They have some of the best coasters. Wicked Cyclone is one of the better RMCs. Superman is a top coaster in the US.

I’ve ridden everything there, I’m partial to mind eraser, and the dark knight, Superman’s great, but not worth the typical 3hr wait

For one day it is, I’m talking about one day, not 7.
Not trying to sound rude here, but if you’re going to Disney for 1 day, you’re doing it wrong haha. Unless you’re an anual pass holder. I also wouldn’t blame Disney for trying to price those people out, a week of revenue, 3 meals a day, and souvenirs, dinner shows, after hours events ect. Vs 1 day, maybe a meal and a souvenir

i see where you are coming from, but i think you are only taking into account what Disney has done recently. Universal already has a paid for line skipping offering, that costs more than Disneys, they have both continued to raise pricing year over year. The real "difference" is in perks being cut back, or changed, (ie, early/after hours) my thought on this is that Disney wasn't having problems stuffing their Value, and Moderate hotel offerings, and they are making a concerted effort to fill their Deluxe. I do believe that a lot of the other changes were caused by Covid, and i do not foresee them being continued once things settle back down, (when that will be is anyone's guess at this point).

Bringing it back to another cell phone analogy, Disney is Verizon or AT&T, and Universal would be T-Mobile, I don't think many would think it worth Verizons time to offer better perks, because they already "own" a large customer base, T-mobile on the other hand should offer unlimited plans, ect., to better compete with the like of Verizon. People put Universal and Disney in the same weight class, but just in terms of revenue alone,(not to get too far into financials) Disney cleans up. I just think that at the end of the day, Disney can charge more, because they offer more, (even with scaling some things back) maybe someday that will change, only time will tell.
I see what you're saying but I think what I'm describing isn't necessarily a tit for tat replacement of perks between Universal and Disney. I know it's easy to compare things apples to apples, park to park, ride to ride, hotel to hotel etc, in which case yes I agree Disney cleans house. But what I'm talking about is the overall guest experience where all the small (and formerly complimentary) touches add up to become the proverbial magic. It's all about attention to detail towards the guest experience and you don't need biggest baddest ride for that. I'm a west coaster so DL is my park. I'm used to small and cozy where I can feel the magic. All Chapeking is happening at DL now too and the product that is "Disney Magic" is slowly disappearing. I think Universal would be able to provide that experience with what they have and if they do it would get Disney's attention regardless of the difference in market share.

That's interesting, typically the upper class expects more, it doesn't make a lot of sense that Disney would have dialed things back, and the upper class would settle for it. I don't think "rich" people just flock to areas that cost a lot of money, they would expect a certain level of service, it's a juxtaposition to say that Disneys service/ experience have been cut way back, and that is attracting a higher end client
My last trip to DL and stayed at the Grand Californian I definitely noticed that most of the guests staying at the hotel appeared to be first time or infrequent visitors of upper class. Lots of people dressed like they're at a country club walking around with a plaid VIP Tour guide. This was right before Christmas so I can completely see this crowd going "Let's check out Disneyland, I hear there's a Star Wars land" then dropping fat cash for all the extras, staying on site, VIP tour etc, just because that's their lifestyle and that's how they travel. With no regard to making those people repeat customers I think Chapek's Disney is all to happy to have those type of guests in the park right now. So as short sighted as it might seem to me, I think they're actually getting away with cutting back and attracting a higher end clientele, at least for now.

Not trying to sound rude here, but if you’re going to Disney for 1 day, you’re doing it wrong haha. Unless you’re an anual pass holder. I also wouldn’t blame Disney for trying to price those people out, a week of revenue, 3 meals a day, and souvenirs, dinner shows, after hours events ect. Vs 1 day, maybe a meal and a souvenir
I get it, I’ve only done disney for single days with an AP, in fact I’ve never done less than 4 days without an AP, simply because it’s not worth it. I can’t justify even doing a long weekend at Disney without an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter