• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Is it okay to put family first? (Response to royal family stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The renovations were tax funded, but the house is owned by the royal family. As for security....well, that decision was made years ago when Harry was born. He's too close the RF to not have security so if Brits insist on maintaining the RF then they have to do this. Personally, I think he is opening the door for a more streamlined monarchy. The Queen had distant cousins on the payroll and you've been paying for Andrew's girls for way too long. Things will get done gradually and good on Harry for forcing this on the institution. Charles has been waiting to take ascend so he could do this. Harry got it going.
While he may be ready to skid distant relatives up to and including the York princesses, I highly doubt de-listing his own son ever crossed his mind. :rolleyes:

Or even just a plane crash with the whole William/Kate family aboard. Not trying to be morbid, just pointing out that it’s not completely implausible that Harry could still find himself next in line.

I imagine for this reason they would never allow all of them on the same flight. My ex-husband is an Air Force pilot.... When we were stationed at MacDill they would have a certain day of the year where you could bring your spouse and children to the base and they could ride in the jet with you while he/she flew it. They wouldn't allow only spouses to fly together.... the kids had to go too. Apparently one year at one of the bases there was an accident with only spouse and it left several orphaned children. So awful. I imagine they take precautionary measures in order to prevent this. I don't think they allow the president and the VP to fly together for this reason.

Last edited:
The next round begins. UK media are now reporting that Meghan has signed a voice over deal with Disney and the money earned will be donated to an African charity Elephants Without Borders, an organisation that helps to track and protect the animals from poaching.

The news reports are saying that she has already recorded the voice over.

SMH. There is something really wrong with anyone who has an issue with this.

The next round begins. UK media are now reporting that Meghan has signed a voice over deal with Disney and the money earned will be donated to an African charity Elephants Without Borders, an organisation that helps to track and protect the animals from poaching.

The news reports are saying that she has already recorded the voice over.
Most definitely
One does not do that sort of thing. People will not like that she has started the commercialization and "cashing in" on the Sussex name and position, BEFORE the announcement. It shows that they have planned this out for months and that will not be liked. It will be seen as two faced, that on one hand, she played the part of the proper princess while all this scheming was taking place in private.

One of the most 'eye rolling' worthy issues one could have. Not to mention key words used--cashing in, commercialization, two faced, oh and scheming yes yes donating to what many if not all of us would consider a worthy cause but nope let's not care nor focus on that we've got to I dare say we must find fault in it.

He’s the rebel, he’s always done things his way. This comes as zero surprise to me.
I'm not surprised either. I don't follow the Royals with a ton of avid fascination but I do remember how Harry was when he was younger, he was wilder and always seemed far less concerned with royal duties than his brother. It's sad to me though only so much that people's memory must be shorter is how much vitrol is aimed at Meghan as if she turned Harry into something completely different.

I imagine for this reason they would never allow all of them on the same flight. My ex-husband is an Air Force pilot.... When we was stationed at MacDill they would have a certain day of the year where you could bring your spouse and children to the base and they could ride in the jet with you while he/she flew it. They wouldn't allow only spouses to fly together.... the kids had to go too. Apparently one year at one of the bases there was an accident with only spouse and it left several orphaned children. So awful. I imagine they take precautionary measures in order to prevent this. I don't think they allow the president and the VP to fly together for this reason.
You would think, but there are enough pictures of them stepping off planes together to indicate this rule either doesn’t exist or isn’t followed. Three heirs, one plane:

2747B517-6E84-4718-A4B9-0B0974129722.jpeg

What I think irks me is how much comparison people put towards her and Catherine it's like two siblings who are constantly compared to each other. The same behaviors and actions yield different public opinions. What I do think plays into that viewpoint is that Meghan will never be considered a proper person for the Royal family. Really no matter what she does, how she acts she will never be one to them. It really does seem that way.

I don't think Meghan is perfect but I don't think she deserves all the crap she gets. The Monarchy has adjusted a bit as times have changed but the stiff traditions of years past still hold so very strong at least from what I can see. I don't think traditions are bad though but they are def. very slow in adjusting in these modern times that's for sure.

Charles and Diana were the first to break the flight tradition when they visited Australia and William was a baby. From then on, I don’t think it’s been a hard and fast rule - William and Kate again visited Australia with George as a baby.

You would think, but there are enough pictures of them stepping off planes together to indicate this rule either doesn’t exist or isn’t followed. Three heirs, one plane:

View attachment 464342
Eeeek! :scared1: That right there looks like a catastrophe waiting to happen - one for which you could legitimately blame Canada. ;)

What I think irks me is how much comparison people put towards her and Catherine it's like two siblings who are constantly compared to each other. The same behaviors and actions yield different public opinions. What I do think plays into that viewpoint is that Meghan will never be considered a proper person for the Royal family. Really no matter what she does, how she acts she will never be one to them. It really does seem that way.

I don't think Meghan is perfect but I don't think she deserves all the crap she gets. The Monarchy has adjusted a bit as times have changed but the stiff traditions of years past still hold so very strong at least from what I can see. I don't think traditions are bad though but they are def. very slow in adjusting in these modern times that's for sure.
Meghan tried for almost a whole year and a half before she called it quits.

Good lord and what in God's green earth is your point. Somehow if she lasted some arbitrary number it would have been better? Nah..wouldn't have mattered that's pretty clear.

And called it quits is such a weird way to put it in my opinion.

While he may be ready to skid distant relatives up to and including the York princesses, I highly doubt de-listing his own son ever crossed his mind. :rolleyes:

Likely not. LOL. And honestly, I don't see the necessity to de-list him. Let Harry keep the title, do some work for the Firm, and raise his family independently. Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis will have to do the same.

I don’t Think either of their plans ever intended for her to try and fit in. I think Harry has always wanted to get out. I truly believe this was planned before they ever got married. Once he told the queen and she insisted they wait to break the news he got fed up and took matters into his own hands.

He also picked the perfect wife for this. Meghan had a life and career before Harry. She was married and divorced before. She was an independent woman who did things her way. She was raised by a strong black woman and it was never in her plan to assimilate and fall into line with the queens (or anyone else’s) rules. Harry knew that before he married her and I believe he truly loves that about her.

I'm not surprised either. I don't follow the Royals with a ton of avid fascination but I do remember how Harry was when he was younger, he was wilder and always seemed far less concerned with royal duties than his brother. It's sad to me though only so much that people's memory must be shorter is how much vitrol is aimed at Meghan as if she turned Harry into something completely different.

I really feel bad for Harry. I am old enough to remember watching Charles and Diana get married and when the boys were born. From the moment he came out as a red head, the tabloids went nuts accusing Diana of having and affair. He has had to deal with that his whole life and to have his Mom die at such a young age. That would not be easy for anyone. I don't blame him for wanting the protect his wife and step away from the incessant harassment they get. I see nothing wrong with him redefining his role. It is not easy to be newly married and a parent in such a short time. Let them adjust. I don't know why people are so hostile towards them.

Harry watched the press tear apart his Mother and eventually cause her death. How is anyone surprised that he would want to protect his family from that viciousness. Why is it shocking that a man would give up a career for his family, women do it all the time.

Harry and Megan will be fine and so will the royal family.

Most of the cristism that Harry and Meghan have had over things like travel is the hypocrisy. Saying that people need to reduce flights to consider their carbon footprint while they take private flights to go on holiday. There is nothing like rules for thee and not for me to irritate people. A bit like Emma Thompson who took a first class flight from America to London to go on the extinction rebellion protest and tell everyone else to stop flying

I don’t Think either of their plans ever intended for her to try and fit in. I think Harry has always wanted to get out. I truly believe this was planned before they ever got married. Once he told the queen and she insisted they wait to break the news he got fed up and took matters into his own hands.

He also picked the perfect wife for this. Meghan had a life and career before Harry. She was married and divorced before. She was an independent woman who did things her way. She was raised by a strong black woman and it was never in her plan to assimilate and fall into line with the queens (or anyone else’s) rules. Harry knew that before he married her and I believe he truly loves that about her.
So the Fab 4 was a lie? Meghan was a wanna be Diana but was really a Yoko the entire time? She put on big a big smile and lied to the Royal family, etc. from before day one? Now, that's not hard to believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter