J & T's Wishes Wedding 5/5/12 SB/SBP/BW *Wedding & Aulani HM TR Complete!*

tric8783

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone!! I've been lurking on these boards for awhile now and now that we are planning our own wedding, I thought I would start (attempt) a PJ! I am certainly not as tech savvy as most of you so I may need some help along the way!

About Us:
I am Tricia (28), DF is Josh (30), we are both from and currently live in Connecticut! We've been dating for 6.5 years and recently got engaged on 8/6/11. We were set up on a blind date with friends on New Years Day 2005 and have been inseperable ever since! We bought our house together last July (2010) and got a chocolate lab puppy we adore, named Goonie this past April! :love:

Our ties to Disney:
My family belongs to DVC, and I grew up going to Disney once or twice a year since I was little. For awhile I went through a period when I thought I was "too cool" for Disney since all my friends mocked me for going so much, but I still never passed up a trip to go! Josh hadn't been to Disney since he was little when we first started dating, and this to me was madness! Luckily we could use the DVC points to go on vacation, so I took him back in 2006 for our first official vacation together. Seeing his reaction as he walked back into the Magic Kingdom was priceless and all the things he got so excited to see made my heart melt! We've been going back every year since, and even tried Disneyland in 2007, and Disney's Hilton Head resort in 2009. We can't wait to take our future kiddos! :goodvibes

The Proposal:
Being the impatient planner that I am, I've been waiting what seems like for-ev-er for Josh to pop the question! My birthday was 8/7 and I dropped a few hints to him that it would make a great birthday if he would ask me to be his wife! We were having a family cookout the night before since my actual birthday was on Sunday this year, so when we woke up Saturday morning, he told me he was going to make me breakfast in bed. I got so excited it might happen, but I also tried to keep calm since I'd gotten myself excited before and it hadn't happened (6 and a 1/2 years... haha). After we had breakfast he told me he was going to give me my present then too. He came back in the room with our pup and handed me the ring box, right there in bed, in my pj's, he proposed!! I am very outgoing but also get nervous in front of a lot of people so I was so happy he did it in such a simple, personal and intimate way! :lovestruc

Only 5 days after we got engaged, I found myself on the phone with Disney giving our contact information and waiting for a coordinator to be assigned!!

So, so far we have done our room block, picked our locations, and sent in our LOA. We are waiting for our WP to be assigned! I am also having a call today with our coordinator, Kristi Davis, who has been great so far!!

Right now, we have our plans as
Fri 5/4/12
Rehearsal Dinner, Ohana, 5pm
DP, UK Terraces (previously GF Marina), 8-10pm

Sat, 5/5/12
Ceremony Shipwreck Beach (previously Croquet Lawn) 5pm
Cocktail Hr, Sea Breeze Point 5:45-6:45pm (previously St James Patio 6-7p)
Reception, Boardwalk - Promenade E, 7-11p

We are inviting around 100 people and hoping no more than 80 actually come! We aren't puting our plans on facebook or out to everyone we know so we don't hurt anyone's feelings that aren't invited, but we just can't afford any more!

We blocked our rooms at Boardwalk, Beach Club, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach!

We are going down for our regular yearly vacay 9/30-10/8, staying at the BW Villas, so we're hoping we'll have our planner assigned by then, and be able to do our food and cake testing/ PS while we're there too!

We also booked our photographers, Justin & Mary Marantz (http://www.justinmarantz.com), who we are bringing down from CT because I have been stalking their blog for years now and am absolutely in love with them! so excited we were able to get them!!

I haven't really seen a ton of ceremonies at the CL or really any receptions in the BW ballrooms, what does everyone think of our plans?! :) :)

Congratulations!! Everything sounds great but i have 1 question.. what does CL stands for :rolleyes:??? Looking forward 2 hearing about all of ur plans :goodvibes

Welcome!!

I actually arrive at BWV on May 5, 2012 :yay: It was supposed to be our planning session for our Nov 2012 Wishes wedding... but we decided--why wait? and do a quick Memories wedding this November! My stepmom and I will be there for a couple days so we may run into you!!

Check with DFTW--but the planning session is normally no more than 6 months out--hopefully they can work with you!!

Can't wait to hear more!! Croquet Lawn is very pretty!!

Congratulations!! Everything sounds great but i have 1 question.. what does CL stands for :rolleyes:??? Looking forward 2 hearing about all of ur plans :goodvibes

Thank you!! CL is the Boardwalk Croquet Lawn (hope I am getting the lingo right!! haha) :goodvibes

Welcome!!

I actually arrive at BWV on May 5, 2012 :yay: It was supposed to be our planning session for our Nov 2012 Wishes wedding... but we decided--why wait? and do a quick Memories wedding this November! My stepmom and I will be there for a couple days so we may run into you!!

Check with DFTW--but the planning session is normally no more than 6 months out--hopefully they can work with you!!

Can't wait to hear more!! Croquet Lawn is very pretty!!

Thank you!! That is awesome!! Are you using DVC points? Our room block rate is $280, let me know if we can save you any $$! :)

I actually have been following along your PJ and love all of your plans! I'm also astounded by your FMIL. ha! We will be exactly 6 mos on 10/5/11, while we're there (crazy I know it doesn't seem like it's 6 mos), so we're hoping they'll let us get away with it! :)

I put my call into Kristi today and waiting to hear back what she wanted to "check in" with me about! :cool1:

Trying to think of what else I can fill you all in on!
We have a large wedding party- DF has 2 best men (his 2 best friends) and 3 groomsmen (BIL's) for a total of 5, I have 1 MOH (sister) and 6 bridesmaids (1 SIL, 3 college roommates, 2 friends), plus a jr bridesmaid (DF's niece), 1 Flower Girl (DF's other niece) and 1 ring bearer (my nephew)! It would definitely be easier to have a smaller wedding party, but we just couldn't do it! I myself have been in 6 weddings already, and I told DF it's his fault I'm having so many girls, because he waited so long I was in so many weddings!! haha (Giving him a hard time about 6.5 years is fun for me and both of our families, and he takes it well) We definitely joke around a lot!

We originally wanted a date in April (4/21 to be exact, which falls during our school's up here April vacation) because there are a lot of kids in our families and we figured we can't have a wedding in Disney and expect everyone NOT to bring their kids, plus we love them all and they are a part of our lives! So my first phone call with Kristi, I held the CL and th GF for reception. As soon as I hung up with her, I had instant buyer's remorse and started to rethink. We were going to have to bus everyone over to the GF and though I know just about everyone loves GF, it's not really our style. We are more modern than vintage/victorian. So I called her back and moved it to Memorial Day weekend, keeping the ceremony at CL but having the reception right at the BW. I figured it was a long weekend still if the family wanted to bring the kids, it would give everyone an extra day, etc. Then my family started in with "flights are going to be more expensive on a holiday weekend" and "it's going to be so crowded" etc etc. Then I heard back from our photographer they were already booked for Memorial Day. I became frantic with what to do, called Kristy back and moved again to 5/5/12. And now we are set- we're not changing again, deposits are made and that is that!! haha

DF also had his heart set on a beach ceremony, ever since I've known him. I said no problem, Disney has that. Then I got on these boards and read about the construction at the Floridian.... there goes the beach. haha DF was bummed when I told him I reserved the CL but his favorite resort is the BW and I can tell he's just trying to give me a hard time! Kristi has told me to ask when we have our PS and see if anything has changed, and I just today read someone else is having a beach ceremony on Shipwreck Beach at the BC, so we'll ask. Nothing can hurt in asking! Otherwise I am perfectly content and happy with the CL. I'm pretty sure it's out of the way and random people walking along the boardwalk will not be peeping our wedding (unless they want to because that is fun too). haha!

I am on facebook and tried to set up the facebook website but something wasn't working. I gave up and made a site instead on mywedding.com, and emailed it to our family and friends as a virtual save the date until we get our actual STD's out! I got frustrated already when I got a text from one of DF's aunts telling me they are going to rent a condo off property for the wedding and concerned they need park tickets to get to the wedding. DF and his sister helped me calm down and realize people are going to stay off property and there's nothing I can do about it, and not to worry about them. I am always concerned with where everyone is, how they are getting around, making sure all details have been addressed etc, so it is hard for me to help them if I have no idea where they are going to be. I am also in some ways a "Disney snob" because we always stay on property and my parents never had any desire to take us to Universal, Sea World, etc growing up and they rubbed off on me. DF and I did try Universal a few years ago for a day, and were happy to get back on Disney property! hahaha (of course sorry to anyone who loves them, its just not for us!) We love the Disney magic, attention to detail and of course Disney service. As I said I've been in 6 weddings and probably been a guest at 10 or 12 over the years, and something always seems to go wrong. In my heart of hearts I think if anything were to go wrong at Disney on our wedding day, they would (and could) fix it. I hope that proves true as we go through this process! :)

I feel like I have so many questions and just not sure what to do! It took DF 6.5 years to propose and right after we got engaged I would overwhelm him with too much wedding talk and have to decide what I really needed to tell him before I kept going on and on about planning and drive him crazy! We have balanced out at this point since the major things (date, location, BP, etc) are decided! But for fear of sounding like crazy Bridezilla with 7 months still to go, I'm hoping you can help me instead! These are all random and not in any sort of order but anything you can help me with or give opinions on, I would appreciate!! :)

So for the wedding, I have myself, 7 maids (i'll address this later), 1 Jr BM, 1 FG, both of our moms, and DF's grandmother. We're all staying in hotels since we're coming from CT and need to get ready, have our hair done etc. My hairdresser from home originally said she would want to come down and do my hair for the wedding. She was all excited about it when we thought I might be getting engaged soon (I've been going to her for years). So I sent her a msg on FB asking her if she was still wanting to come, and what her fees would be (ie if she wanted me to pay for her to travel down there etc) I haven't heard back from her. I'm going for my regular appointment in a few weeks and can ask her again then, but should I otherwise be looking for someone down in FL in case she either doesn't want to come now, or the travel expense is too much (since we are already paying our photographer to travel). I want everyone's hair to be very loose and flowy, but other than that it's whatever the girls want. Anyone have suggestions on some place I should check out??

Also on getting ready, we have 13 ladies needing to get ready, get their hair/makeup etc done. We have the vacation club but if we were to reserve a Grand Villa, it sleeps 12, and we certainly don't need that. And we'd need it for two nights because of check out/check in with the wedding not until 5pm. So I asked my mom to look into the Garden Cottage at BW and see how many points it would be. Turns out, it's way too many and she wouldn't even entertain my request for one. Which is understandable! So I asked my coordinator if she knew of some other place we could rent for a day to get ready in or what she thought, or if there may be a discount on the Garden Cottage. I talked to her on Wednesday, and she told me we can get 30% off the Garden Cottage. We'd still need it for 2 nights, but it would be $568/night. As of now, we're using DVC points so we're not paying for any rooms. I told her we were going to see if we could walk through the Cottages when we go down in a few weeks and then decide. I dont know if I can justify paying $1200 for the Cottage just for everyone to get ready there. But then DF and I would be concierge etc also for our wedding night. But we're also at the wedding and can't/wouldn't take advantage of the concierge perks. ahh what to do! help! What did everyone else do getting ready and with their girls also or did you all get ready separately and then meet up?

My BM's- I have my sister as MOH and 6 of my friends (including DF's sister) as maids. I was MOH for one of them in June, one of my college roommates, and she is having money issues (she doesnt have a job and still paying off her wedding, hm, etc). I have a feeling she wants out already so I'm just waiting for her to say so unfortuntately. I feel bad but it might be better for her to just attend and not be a BM. I guess we'll see how it pans out!

Also officiant's- we're from CT, we're both Catholic and we know we can't have a Catholic ceremony on the CL. My mom isn't over it, but I am. I am assuming at this point I have to wait for my Wedding Planner to give me a list of officiant's? How does this work? I really have no idea about anything like that or if we need to meet with them or interview them or whatnot, or if Disney just assigns one and they show up. I need some help with this too.

Phew I am definitely feeling some anxiety and can't wait to get down to Disney for our vacation-- 3 weeks from today!!

Not sure if I mentioned, we are working with light pink and light grey, very light and airy, modern but romantic. The BM's will wear light pink dresses with grey shoes, and the GM will wear light grey suits with pink ties and suspenders. If someone helps me out with how to attach pictures in here I can add some!

Lets see if this works... BM dresses:

Does this need to always be from a website address? You can't just attach pictures?

I use Firefox as my browser and you can right click on the image and click "copy image location". In other browsers, you can click "view image" or "properties". It's pretty easy :)

I use Firefox as my browser and you can right click on the image and click "copy image location". In other browsers, you can click "view image" or "properties". It's pretty easy :)

Thanks!!
I'm going to test, this is the Flower Girl dress if it works!:
101565577_JLu1UmyA_c.jpg

Is there a way to copy the images in directly without them being a link as I've seen other people do? I appreciate your help so much!!!! :lovestruc

Unfortunately, the images do have to be hosted in order to appear in the thread. A lot of people use Photobucket for image hosting. It's fairly simple once you get the hang of it :)

Hi there!! Just jumping in. I love all your plans! CL is beautiful!

I feel your pain on the Catholic wedding. My mom is very upset we aren't getting married in the Church. It's been tough. If I may, check out Rev. Tim Herring. He does a lot of Disney weddings and I just hired him for mine!! Apparently, he can perform a Catholic "ceremony"-- not sure how, but it could be an option! http://www.disneyweddingminister.com/

Can't wait to read more!

QUOTE=MrsDuck;42571579]Hi there!! Just jumping in. I love all your plans! CL is beautiful!

I feel your pain on the Catholic wedding. My mom is very upset we aren't getting married in the Church. It's been tough. If I may, check out Rev. Tim Herring. He does a lot of Disney weddings and I just hired him for mine!! Apparently, he can perform a Catholic "ceremony"-- not sure how, but it could be an option! http://www.disneyweddingminister.com/

Can't wait to read more![/QUOTE]

ooo thanks I will check him out!!! :) :)
:cheer2:

DF and I on one of our many trips to Disney:
e1.jpg

us with our baby Goonie at his puppy class graduation:
e30.jpg

a better picture of Goonie without his tongue hanging out!
goonie.jpg

the ring! (yes i'm in desperate need for a manicure and my fingers swelled up i was so nervous!)
ring.jpg

my dress! (i still have to go back and order but I am sure this is the one!) and my FSIL is holding up a hair broach we are going to have sewn on for some added bling!
dress.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter