J & T's Wishes Wedding 5/5/12 SB/SBP/BW *Wedding & Aulani HM TR Complete!*

Thanks to MrsDuck, I did send an email to Rev. Tim Herring, and got a response! He is available for our date and time! He seems very nice and definitely has a lot of experience. Did you meet with him first or etc before booking him or did you just select him and go with it? Curious if we should wait and meet with him while we are in Disney in October or if we should book him now in case within the next month someone else books him. Thoughts?? :rolleyes:

I just finished reading your planning journal! Looks like you already have a lot of decisions made! Sorry about all the drama with your bridesmaid! You gave her the option of not being in the wedding so that is the best you can do at this point, now its all on her. From what you said it seems like you may be better off if she chooses to opt out of it.

So just a thought on the Catholic thing. DF and I are both catholic and this is something that is very important for him and his family. It is to my parents as well but they have always known I wanted a Disney wedding so wasn't much of a shock that it couldn't be Catholic. DF's mom has been great about it though. We have decided we are going to do a small ceremony here after the wedding.This way we will get our marriage blessed by the catholic church and be able to raise our children catholic. We are only going to have my parents, brother, Jeff's mom and siblings attend. We are not making a big to do of it nor are we telling everyone coming to the wedding we are doing this.

(Snip)

Also officiant's- we're from CT, we're both Catholic and we know we can't have a Catholic ceremony on the CL. My mom isn't over it, but I am. I am assuming at this point I have to wait for my Wedding Planner to give me a list of officiant's? How does this work? I really have no idea about anything like that or if we need to meet with them or interview them or whatnot, or if Disney just assigns one and they show up. I need some help with this too.
I don't mean to crash your thread, but I just wanted to give you another option. My son and his DF are getting married in August 2012. They are having a Catholic Ceremony at Corpus Christie Catholic Church at Celebration and then following with a reception at the Grand Floridian.

I just finished reading your planning journal! Looks like you already have a lot of decisions made! Sorry about all the drama with your bridesmaid! You gave her the option of not being in the wedding so that is the best you can do at this point, now its all on her. From what you said it seems like you may be better off if she chooses to opt out of it.

So just a thought on the Catholic thing. DF and I are both catholic and this is something that is very important for him and his family. It is to my parents as well but they have always known I wanted a Disney wedding so wasn't much of a shock that it couldn't be Catholic. DF's mom has been great about it though. We have decided we are going to do a small ceremony here after the wedding.This way we will get our marriage blessed by the catholic church and be able to raise our children catholic. We are only going to have my parents, brother, Jeff's mom and siblings attend. We are not making a big to do of it nor are we telling everyone coming to the wedding we are doing this.

Thanks Ashley! I am actually thinking about doing this too with just our families, in the Church at home I mean. It's definitely important to me to be able to christen our kids, etc in the future- DF, not so much. But I'm going to try my best!! ;)

I don't mean to crash your thread, but I just wanted to give you another option. My son and his DF are getting married in August 2012. They are having a Catholic Ceremony at Corpus Christie Catholic Church at Celebration and then following with a reception at the Grand Floridian.

Thanks Marie for the idea!! DF was set on a beach ceremony and we really like that we can at least have it outdoors! I had thought about going over to Celebration, and I think if it were really important to us we'd do that. We might do like Ashley suggested and have a small ceremony just us and parents in our Church here once we come home! :) I'll keep everyone posted as we get closer with this!

First of all, your dog is adorable!!

Your ring and your dress are just gorgeous!!

A quick update!
I got a call last night from Alex, assistant to our planner, Maxine!! I tried to do a little research on here about her and so far, everyone seems to like her! We have a phone meeting set up for tomorrow afternoon, and she just emailed me (Alex did technically) about the PS. This PS worksheet is stressing me out! Just looking it, they want me to know every aspect of the ceremony and wedding, how I am lining up the BP already etc?? ahh!!

I did email her back and ask if we can set up the PS while we're down there in Oct, so fingers crossed she says yes!! :wizard:

On another bright note, We booked our HM! We are going to Aulani in Hawaii! Now to start researching that- whew I feel like I'm living on the computer these days looking up everything there is to know!!

And heard back from Rev. Tim Herring- think we're going to book him! ( I may have already said that)

Happy Hump Day!!! :banana::banana::banana:

First of all, your dog is adorable!!

Your ring and your dress are just gorgeous!!

aw thank you, you are so sweet!! This is definitely the first time I've put the dress out to anyone it was kind of a weird but nice feeling moment to put it out there!! :goodvibes

aw thank you, you are so sweet!! This is definitely the first time I've put the dress out to anyone it was kind of a weird but nice feeling moment to put it out there!! :goodvibes

I just love your PJ! That dress is a show stopper, and that ring!!!! :thumbsup2 BEAUTIFUL. You have so much planned and I think it all sounds good.

Sorry to hear about your BM, that is a shame. Some people expect so much but just can't gove back. It's much better for you to put yourself first and not let her mess up your magical day, as sad as the situation is. At least you have 5 other BM's right there with you who are happy to be by your side.

Keep us posted and congrats and good luck with everything.

I just love your PJ! That dress is a show stopper, and that ring!!!! :thumbsup2 BEAUTIFUL. You have so much planned and I think it all sounds good.

Sorry to hear about your BM, that is a shame. Some people expect so much but just can't gove back. It's much better for you to put yourself first and not let her mess up your magical day, as sad as the situation is. At least you have 5 other BM's right there with you who are happy to be by your side.

Keep us posted and congrats and good luck with everything.

Thanks Courtenay!! Love all the info I'm finding on these boards and I think without them I wouldn't have 1/2 of the things I've found so far!! I definitely have all of you to thank! :grouphug:

I just got off the phone with Maxine, who seems super nice!! We set up our PS for 10/4/11 at 1pm. She told me it could go until 5 or 6pm- I'm going to keep that minor detail from DF for now!! :rotfl:

yay!! so excited!!!:banana: :dance3::banana:

:love:
Congrats on the honeymoon and Rev. Tim!!

I can't wait to hear about your PS!

Thanks!! I can't wait to get down there! We obviously have seen our locations and everything before, but this time we're going to see our "wedding venue" I can tell it's going to be so much more special!! :love:

On Rev Tim- I haven't heard back from him now since Saturday :( Does he normally get back to you quickly? He told me he was available, gave me all the info and contract, sent me something in the mail (which I got) and now nothing... I'm starting to get bummed a little :confused3

Hey! First, Congrats! Second, DF and I are also catholic and we have Rev Tim!! He does take a little while to respond but you can always email him to see if be received your contract. Also, DF and I are going to have the marriage blessed in the church after awe get married. That way it will be recognized in the church :). Love what you have so far!!

I love ur dress :lovestruc... I like how it is fitted then flares in the bottom :goodvibes I was searching 4 ur PJ on my PJ but didnt find it & it so happens u posted it 2day on my PJ!!! :rotfl: Make sure u insert ur PJ link on the bottom of ur ticker so other people can check ur PJ out when u post...

I love ur dress :lovestruc... I like how it is fitted then flares in the bottom :goodvibes I was searching 4 ur PJ on my PJ but didnt find it & it so happens u posted it 2day on my PJ!!! :rotfl: Make sure u insert ur PJ link on the bottom of ur ticker so other people can check ur PJ out when u post...

I did mess around today and add my PJ to my signature! I also got a little carried away with the tickers and added 3!! :rotfl:

Happy Friday! I feel like we are making some progress!!

I emailed the two invitation people Disney recommends and they both replied super fast, excited to see what they come up with! I am slightly crafty, granted I am like extra beginner compared to most of you, but the invitations are one thing I want to have made and not do. We'll see how that works out!
I am hoping for pockets so fingers crossed we can make it work! :cheer2:

I also was at our local grocery store recently and started checking out the clearance section for Disney stuff for welcome bags. My first find was swim rings, swimmies and beach balls! I got one for each of the kids we think will come to the wedding, (swimmies for the toddlers, tubes for the big kids and beach balls for the babies) They are Disney Princess (girls obvi) and Cars (boys)! yay! :banana:

Also received confirmation from Alix, Maxine's assistant, with the confirmation for our PS. Need to narrow down 8 options to try and send it in by Tues (14 days before!) Also went over the planning worksheet last night with DF, got his input and finished it! So excited that is done since I was initially stressed when I saw it! :woohoo:

Oh we also got our packet in the mail today (well my parents did since we listed their address) and our annual pass vouchers are inside!! That will save us around $600 for our trip in two weeks if we activate them now so I am pumped!! Definitely doing the happy dance!! :cool1::cool1:

$600!!! :woohoo::banana::cheer2::yay: Do u know what i can do with $600!! :rotfl:
Let us know what they come up with 4 ur invites :cutie:
I still have 2 go over my list 4 my planning session which is coming up as well :rolleyes1
U know what i realized as i was checking out ur ticker??? that u get married about 1 1/2 wks after me :cool1:

$600!!! :woohoo::banana::cheer2::yay: Do u know what i can do with $600!! :rotfl:
Let us know what they come up with 4 ur invites :cutie:
I still have 2 go over my list 4 my planning session which is coming up as well :rolleyes1
U know what i realized as i was checking out ur ticker??? that u get married about 1 1/2 wks after me :cool1:

YES $600!! haha Park Hoppers for 8 days are around $300 a piece! I'm already thinking what I can do with that instead!! yippee!! :cool1:

I will definitely post once I get some samples and pricing for invites!

So fun!! We were originally trying to get a date in April but the venues we wanted weren't available... apparently WDW has proms at the BW? lame. haha just kidding but it definitely foiled us!! I guess now looking back I'm glad I have a few more weeks to pay for things, even if it's only a few weeks I'll take it!! :goodvibes

Yay for getting your planner and setting up your PS!!!!! You must be very excited. Looks like things are coming together. I have heard Maxine is great. Thats awesome that you are doing Aulani, DF and I were thinking about that too. I'm sure you guys will have so much fun. It looks beautiful there.

Oh ya I hope you can convince DF to do the church thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter