J & T's Wishes Wedding 5/5/12 SB/SBP/BW *Wedding & Aulani HM TR Complete!*

Wow...the Pearl Harbor tour looks amazing. We went on our last day in Hawaii but unfortunately the line to get in was a crazy amount of time and we had to leave to go the airport before we could go in. So I'm glad to see it through your pics!

Wow...the Pearl Harbor tour looks amazing. We went on our last day in Hawaii but unfortunately the line to get in was a crazy amount of time and we had to leave to go the airport before we could go in. So I'm glad to see it through your pics!

Aw that's too bad! I think we got there right when it opened (hence being picked up at 6:30AM) and it wasnt too bad! I think they only let so many people in at a time though, so that stinks! Glad my pictures gave you a little fix til you can hopefully see it someday! :)

Day 9 Continued :)

After our frozen yogurt and chicken fingers for lunch, we headed back to the room and thought about packing, we didn't actually do it.. haha. We made a reservation for that night for Ama Ama on the beach! We got changed and headed down to have a drink before our reservation :goodvibes
IMG_3130.jpg

I got my cucumber lychee again
IMG_3134-1.jpg

(Josh always sticks with beer, not as exciting haha)

Then to our surprise our table was ready even before our reservation. We had requested a table on the edge but by the time we sat down the sun had already set and it was dark, you couldnt even see the beach. There was a live band that night that was pretty much right in front of our table, one level down
IMG_3136-1.jpg

IDK why but I really liked that the bread was made into a leaf
IMG_3137.jpg

IMG_3135-1.jpg

Josh got some sort of corn chowder with scallops I believe
IMG_3138.jpg

then we got our entrees, I got a steak which was amazing
IMG_3139.jpg

and Josh got a chicken
IMG_3140.jpg

then after dinner we decided to split dessert- we got the Hawaiian chocolate cake... nom.
IMG_3141.jpg

It was like a chocolate lava cake and the top was carmelized macadamia nuts, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. So good!

IMG_3145.jpg

After dinner we asked the hostess to take our pic
IMG_3144.jpg

then we decided to head down to the beach. I started to tear up knowing we were going back home (and Josh told me we werent coming down to the beach tomorrow before we left, he's so mean to me... lol jk!!)
The last time our toes were in Hawaiian sand! (I love how tan our feet are!)
IMG_3147.jpg

Saying goodbye to the beach :(
iphone620121487.jpg

There was also story-telling around the fire that night as we walked back up to the room
iphone620121481.jpg

I loved that the TV was personalized to us (notice the welcome home)
iphone620121490.jpg

We thought about packing again, but decided we could do it tomorrow and fell asleep!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Day 10, Wednesday, departure day :(

The next morning we woke up and I packed us up, we had full washer/dryer in our villa so I had done a few washes during the week and put everything into the drawers, so it was actually easy to pack us up! We went down to the gift shop so I could get things for my family I'd had my eye on, and got Josh & I a Christmas ornament. I try to get us an ornament for our tree wherever we go so we can always look back on the places we've been! We went down to the Olelo Room and I grabbed a muffin, we hadn't gone down for breakfast since we made breakfast in the room, but the spread was really good and the muffin I had was so fresh and yummy! I secretly wished we had gotten breakfast down there more (but it was super crowded). I was getting sad to leave so Josh let me walk around a little bit

IMG_2934.jpg

more pictures of Rainbow Reef for Andrea!
IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

We decided it was time to go back up to the room and get our stuff to head to the airport. I took a video walking around our room trying to channel my inner Michelle, but it's not as cool so I won't post it.. haha
Josh called Charley's Taxi to request a cab and they told us theyd be there within 10 minutes. We grabbed our bags and headed down to be picked up :(
I snapped pics of everything I could on my way out... hahaha
iphone620121494.jpg

iphone620121495.jpg

iphone620121497.jpg

iphone620121498.jpg

iphone620121499.jpg

We went outside and our cab was already there! We grabbed our last picture at Aulani and got in our minivan to the airport!
iphone620121500.jpg

The Honolulu airport was so.... interesting. haha We didnt notice as much when we came because we just went to baggage claim, but showing up to the airport was so stressful and I didn't like it at all. It was like a small island airport I guess, but there was no desk to walk up to and check in, you just walk up to a podium in the middle of the corridor, but there are like 10 podiums that take people 1 by 1 and it was super busy. We got in line and missed the agriculture check somehow, so we went through that and then had to get back in line. My bag was overweight by 5 lbs, so we had to move stuff around but at least they were nice about it and didn't make us get back in line, etc. We checked our bags, got our coach tickets and were on our way! Most of the airport is under construction so we walked around for a bit and finally got through security. Once we got through security, it was like a normal airport again but open-aired and super pretty. We hit up starbucks
iphone620121504.jpg

and I bought myself another bag of chocolate covered macadamia nuts (my fav) and we headed for the gate. Our plane was scheduled to leave around 1PM, but we weren't getting home until the next morning at 9AM. I decided since we were going coach, we weren't getting a meal (or at least a good one) so we needed to grab something to take with us on the plane. Josh agreed and we headed to find some food!
iphone620121501.jpg

By the time we got back to the gate, our plane had arrived!
iphone620121506.jpg

We lucked out because when I bought our tickets the only seats left were emergency exit rows. They wouldn't let us pick our seats ahead of time, so we hoped we'd get the exit rows when we checked in for space (and we did!). We sat down and at the window was an active duty soldier. (We were going to San Jose, CA). She told us she was originally from CA and was heading home for leave. She was really nice, told us how excited she was to get back etc etc. Then to our surprise, once we took off, there were open seats in first class so the stewardess moved her up to first class (which was awesome for her and us!) we had the whole exit row to ourselves. Josh of course sprawled out and watched movies on the ipad while I finished up Shades of Grey ;) We were definitely glad we had gotten lunch, since all we got was peanuts! Man did we miss first class! At about 11:30PM local time and about 6PM on our body clock, we arrived in San Jose!

When we arrived in San Jose, they said "Welcome Home and Thank You" to a soldier on our flight that was returning from a tour of duty. I was so excited when we walked off the plane, to see his spouse/gf/whatever she was, waiting for him with a sign, balloons, and someone with a video camera. I begged Josh to let me watch. He was the last flipping person off the plane!! (And it made me mad they didn't know who he was in the beginning of the flight to bump HIM to first class), but it was so sweet and reminded me of our Lyndsey! I even teared up watching them and of course tried to be cool so Josh didn't see me crying about people I don't even know!! lol

Of course because it was so late in San Jose their time, the restaurants were closed! :( We had about 40 minutes til our next flight so we just took a seat and waited. We were going to Atlanta next and would arrive there about 6:30AM. We didn't get an exit row this time, but the flight wasn't full so after we took off, the person on the aisle moved to the row in front of us and we got to stretch out again! We tried our best to sleep (unsuccessfully) and were given more peanuts... thanks a lot! BUT we were starving so we ate them! Oddly, they didnt even have food for purchase :( boooo coach... lol At around 6:15, we arrived in Atlanta! We had an hour til our next flight and thankfully food was open in Atlanta AND we pulled into the same gate our new flight was leaving out of, so we didnt need to take the subway or run anywhere. I grabbed a redbull and cheese danish and Josh got a coffee and egg sandwich and we called my parents to check on Goonie and confirm my mom was picking us up at 9!

Thankfully our flight was on time, we boarded and were SO ready to get home! No food service again as we flew 2 hrs back to CT and were so happy to get out of an airport after traveling for soo many hours! Our bags had made it, my mom was there waiting, and off we went to see our pup!

Back to my parents house, we loaded up the stuff they had brought back for us from FL and Goonie's stuff (Goonie's house/crate, food, toys, bowls, etc, plus our 3rd suitcase, my dress, etc). It looked like we were going on a two year safari with all the stuff we packed into the car... hahaha And we headed for our house, yippee!! As we were backing down my parents driveway, I said, MY BOUQUET! My mom had forgotten, so she pulled back up and ran in to get it. I was so excited to see my bouquet again.... she came running out of the house with a Disney laundry bag, tied tight on the top and handed it to me..................................................... I said, why is it in a bag???!?!?!? Immediately, I start balling. I had been up for over 24 hrs and my bouquet was RUINED! It was seriously disgusting. I opened the bag and the smell alone was enough to knock you out. It clearly rotted without air. My gorgeous bouquet of peonies was a wet, BROWN mess. I cursed her up and down, how could she not know to hang my bouquet in open air, had she even done that in FL nevermind since then, it would have dried in FL and she could ahve then put it in a bag and brought it home, taken it out and hung it again. GRRRRRRR. I took it out of the bag and it just slopped onto lap like disgusting mud and more and more flowers fell out of the pretty ball as I cried and cried and couldn't stop. We got to our house and I was so mad I just wanted to smack her for ruining my bouquet. EVERY wedding I've been in I have my bridesmaid bouquet from, all of them nicely dried and laid in their own boxes. Every single one. And now I don't even have my own. I was so disappointed. I even caught a bride's bouquet (one of Josh's cousins) in 2009, and that bouquet is still so intact it looks preserved. UGH!

I made Josh carry me in our front door and then I proceeded to run up to my "wedding room" and cry some more. I wanted her out of our house ASAP so I could flip out more, so I went down and helped bring everything from the car in. She left and I flipped out more. Josh's mom works at a florist and he asked if she could fix it. There was no fixing this bouquet, it needs to be redone completely. I attempted to hang and dry it anyways and it's so sad. Even to this day I try to avoid the wedding room now so I don't have to see my poor bouquet but I don't have the heart to toss it. I did email Laura to ask if it can be recreated (I need to wait til next year since now peonies and ranunculus are out of season) but I fully intend to. As Bethie says, PIFFLE!!
Once she was gone and I calmed down, we enjoyed spending time with our pup as we struggled for the next few days trying to get ourselves off of Hawaiian time!

iphone620121507.jpg

iphone620121508.jpg

iphone620121555.jpg

iphone620121556.jpg

iphone620121510.jpg

The END! :)

I realized I never rated anything, so maybe next I'll do that for the wedding?!

Boo your TR is completed. Glad you reacted the way I'd react in regards to the bouquet. Be sure to post a pic when you get a new bouquet.

Yay that you included photos of Goonie for when you got home. I'm reading your leaving day thinking she better add pics or I will have to send her a strongly worded message ;)

I'm so sad the trip report is over!!!!! I have loved reading about your adventures and seeing all the pictures. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us!

I'm so sorry about your bouquet, that is AWFUL! I don't blame you at all for melting down...I absolutely think you should have it recreated so that you'll have that forever.

Take care!
Brooke

~ooh..your dinner looks so nice!
~Yay for more fishie pictures!
~your reccap about your long flight is making me cringe! We upgraded to the economy comfort and we booked the aisle and window hoping no one would pay to go in the middle so that we can stretch out. So far, so good..
~Oh no about your bouquet! I'm so sorry!
~Umm...I totally forgot until just now that I should have had Kory carry me over the threshhold...I guess and a year and some days is too late, huh?
~and I just have to say that I LOVE that picture of Goonie asleep on Josh's chest. It's adorable!

Okay, I can't focus because Goonie is too cute. PUPPY PAWS. Seriously, even though it stinks coming home from your trip, coming home to Goonie is probably amazing!!

I'm so sorry to hear about the bouquet! :( I really hope you can get to have it re-made! I didn't know anything about air drying it.. I will need to tell my mom who is in charge of bringing mine home!

Tricia, it looks like you had a seriously AMAZING honeymoon! I'm so so so happy for you and Josh! You had a beautiful wedding and I can only see great things for your life together!! :hug:

We also finally have a wedding song!!! It's "She is Love"- the acoustic version by Parachute? I feel like I've heard this song before but not this version. Again with DF not being a sap, he picked the song, and I think it fits us really well. It was really sweet that he thought that song was us.

I just found your PJ last night and have been reading it, but I had to comment on this! I did a dance solo to that song last year!! LOVE the song!

Can't wait to keep reading and see how the rest of your plans and wedding went!

Hey Tricia! Sorry it took me so long to post... I kept checking you everyday trip report on my phone but only like half the pics would show up...

Your honeymoon looked amazing! Im sure you guys had a ball!

Tricia, everything was so beautiful on your honeymoon. I really want to go there after seeing all of your pictures. Goonie is just adorable too!

Awwww, I'm so sorry about your bouquet! That's horrible!

:sad2: ugh my poor bouquet :( i'm really looking forward to getting another one next year!

Boo your TR is completed. Glad you reacted the way I'd react in regards to the bouquet. Be sure to post a pic when you get a new bouquet.

Yay that you included photos of Goonie for when you got home. I'm reading your leaving day thinking she better add pics or I will have to send her a strongly worded message ;)

i'm so sad I'm done reporting back! I talked with my floral planner and she confirmed I have to wait til next year for the flowers to be back in season. I'll hopefully post when when I'm able to get the replacement! :)

goonie is our little baaaaby haha :dog:

I'm so sad the trip report is over!!!!! I have loved reading about your adventures and seeing all the pictures. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us!

I'm so sorry about your bouquet, that is AWFUL! I don't blame you at all for melting down...I absolutely think you should have it recreated so that you'll have that forever.

Take care!
Brooke

meee tooo, thank you for reading!! :)

~ooh..your dinner looks so nice!
~Yay for more fishie pictures!
~your reccap about your long flight is making me cringe! We upgraded to the economy comfort and we booked the aisle and window hoping no one would pay to go in the middle so that we can stretch out. So far, so good..
~Oh no about your bouquet! I'm so sorry!
~Umm...I totally forgot until just now that I should have had Kory carry me over the threshhold...I guess and a year and some days is too late, huh?
~and I just have to say that I LOVE that picture of Goonie asleep on Josh's chest. It's adorable!

You're on your way back I think now and I can't wait to hear about the trip! I have been FB stalking you!:rolleyes1 Nah, definitely not too late to make him carry you over the threshold! ;) I love my boys so much :love:

Okay, I can't focus because Goonie is too cute. PUPPY PAWS. Seriously, even though it stinks coming home from your trip, coming home to Goonie is probably amazing!!

I'm so sorry to hear about the bouquet! :( I really hope you can get to have it re-made! I didn't know anything about air drying it.. I will need to tell my mom who is in charge of bringing mine home!

Tricia, it looks like you had a seriously AMAZING honeymoon! I'm so so so happy for you and Josh! You had a beautiful wedding and I can only see great things for your life together!! :hug:

hehe thanks, when other people say hes cute too, it makes me think I'm a little less coo-koo. ahahah Definitely on the bouquet- bring some ribbon, tie it around the stems and hang it upside down. I normally hang from the curtain rod etc. It'll dry really nicely and in good shape that way. :goodvibes

Thanks so much! I love going back and looking at the pictures (does that make me crazy since it only just happened two months ago?) ahaha Thanks so much! :hug:

I just found your PJ last night and have been reading it, but I had to comment on this! I did a dance solo to that song last year!! LOVE the song!

Can't wait to keep reading and see how the rest of your plans and wedding went!

yay! I love it now, so happy he chose it. And in several pictures we have some people crying so check and check! hahaha Thanks for reading along! :goodvibes

Just wanted to drop by and say Congrats for getting on the Disney Weddings Blog

Thanks so much!! :goodvibes

Hey Tricia! Sorry it took me so long to post... I kept checking you everyday trip report on my phone but only like half the pics would show up...

Your honeymoon looked amazing! Im sure you guys had a ball!

No problem! Glad you were able to get on the computer and see all of them (i think since you said only 1/2 showed before?) :) We definitely did. I wish it weren't so far so we could go back soon!!

Tricia, everything was so beautiful on your honeymoon. I really want to go there after seeing all of your pictures. Goonie is just adorable too!

Thank you! Aulani is so so amazing. I really hope we can go back sooner than later!

it took days, but i finally read your entire PJ! I LOVE your wedding/honeymoon!
Congratulations! everything turned out goregous!

I love the Koozies. What site did you to order the koozies?

Thanks,
Megan

Thanks so much! They were one of my first purchases! I got them from:
http://www.totallyweddingkoozies.com/

it took days, but i finally read your entire PJ! I LOVE your wedding/honeymoon!
Congratulations! everything turned out goregous!

Aww, thank you for reading and the compliments! If you have any questions feel free! I had so much help from the girls here and I really hope I can help future brides! :goodvibes

Once again, I've disappeared! However, I did just read through your trip report -- your wedding turned out beautifully! Seriously, I am so happy for you! I loved every single thing about it! :):):):)

I finally read through your entire PJ. I loved it. Isn't Aulani amazing. We went on vacation there in January. Can't wait to go back. If I remember reading correctly did you use the Disney honeymoon registry?? What are your thoughts on it. I have heard from a few different people that they charge a fee and it isn't worth doing.

Thanks Jodi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter