• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

For my September trip that I'm marked down, I've changed from Kidani to Jambo House. It's going to be a solo trip for my first time and decided I'd enjoy Jambo more solo :) I've also added an extra day so I'm now the 9th-15th.

This will now be my 4th stay at AKL. I thought of trying somewhere else, but I just love AKL which could be why I made it my home resort for DVC!

Hi everyone!

I've read every.single.post in this thread - I was originally going to read a few pages at the front, and then read about the last 30 or so back here... but I loved seeing all of the great information about AKL, and so, I just kept going! :)

One of the things that sealed the deal on us staying at AKL this trip was actually *this* group of folks right here! Whenever you see this much love and loyalty for a Resort, you know it's going to be amazing - and since we already lovelovelove WL, we think we are going to feel right at home at AKL! :)

We have just booked for April, and now it's time for me to ask you all a couple of questions.

First of all, we are driving this trip - typically we come down 429 to Western Way, and navigate through the World from there, but for AKL would it be quicker/easier to take the 192/Irlo Bronson exit? (Also question for another day, who *is* Irlo Bronson, and why does Irlo Bronson have a memorial parkway of their very own?)

Subquestion #1, has anyone eaten at the Chuy's that is just off the access road for 192? Since we have our car on this trip, I may need a TexMex "booster" before we get out of Florida LOL.

Secondly, I have to use a personal mobility device to get around, because my legs no longer work as advertised, so I know from previous experience at WL, Poly, etc. that they will valet my car with the handicapped hang tag, no problem - but before I send it away to Valet, which side of the front doors of Jambo house is closest to Bell Services, and is there dedicated Bell Services parking? At some Resorts, we just pull up and let them take everything out of the back but Angus (my ECV is named after Princess Merida's horse, because, just like her faithful companion, it always gets me home safely from my adventures!) so that we can go on and have fun, and let Bell Services deliver everything to the room.

Finally, have any adults here actually slept on the "daybed" in a King room? I'm concerned; our adult daughter and I are doing another one of our famous "girls only" trips, and she is determined to sleep on the daybed, but I am concerned that she will be uncomfortable.

All of my other questions/concerns have been answered by other folks in the previous 130 pages! Thanks in advance for any information you all can provide! :)

Could someone tell me the floor that the main lobby is located on? I thought it was the 3rd, is that correct? DS (aspie) does't like elevators so trying to make sure to request the same floor that the lobby is located on. Just 19 more days!!!! TIA

Could someone tell me the floor that the main lobby is located on? I thought it was the 3rd, is that correct? DS (aspie) does't like elevators so trying to make sure to request the same floor that the lobby is located on. Just 19 more days!!!! TIA

Yes, the lobby is on 3rd floor in Jambo House. At Kidani, the lobby is on the 2nd level.

I was just going through Amazon Now to order groceries for our stay at Kidani in a studio villa and I'm wondering if there is a freezer in the fridge? Also is there a microwave? Toaster? Are there bowls, plates and utensils? Just trying to see what size and kind of food that I should order for delivery. Any thoughts on Amazon Now or other grocery delivery favorites. Never have done this before. Thanks!

Last edited:
I was just going through Amazon Now to order groceries for our stay at Kidani in a studio villa and I'm wondering if there is a freezer in the fridge? Also is there a microwave? Toaster? Are there bowls, plates and utensils? Just trying to see what size and kind of food that I should order for delivery. Any thoughts on Amazon Now or other grocery delivery favorites. Never have done this before. Thanks!

I really can't remember about the freezer I'm afraid but there's definitely a microwave and a toaster - we've warmed milk & toasted bagels. There's "proper" mugs & glasses but bowls/plates are paper and cutlery is plastic.

Hi everyone!

I've read every.single.post in this thread - I was originally going to read a few pages at the front, and then read about the last 30 or so back here... but I loved seeing all of the great information about AKL, and so, I just kept going! :)
....addictive, isn't it?

Secondly, I have to use a personal mobility device to get around, because my legs no longer work as advertised, so I know from previous experience at WL, Poly, etc. that they will valet my car with the handicapped hang tag, no problem - but before I send it away to Valet, which side of the front doors of Jambo house is closest to Bell Services, and is there dedicated Bell Services parking? At some Resorts, we just pull up and let them take everything out of the back but Angus (my ECV is named after Princess Merida's horse, because, just like her faithful companion, it always gets me home safely from my adventures!) so that we can go on and have fun, and let Bell Services deliver everything to the room.
....Bell Services is immediately to the left as you enter the Lobby....BTW, nice name for your ECV! ;)

Finally, have any adults here actually slept on the "daybed" in a King room? I'm concerned; our adult daughter and I are doing another one of our famous "girls only" trips, and she is determined to sleep on the daybed, but I am concerned that she will be uncomfortable.
....if it's like the one at BWV, then it should be pretty comfy. My DS and his GF slept on one at BWV when we visited the end of October for the F&WF and they had no problems...

....addictive, isn't it?

Yes! LOL Hi! My name is MamaBunny, and I have a fascination with AKL! :)

....Charles Bronson's brother? popcorn::

LOLOL (Wouldn't that be funny, though...!)

....Bell Services is immediately to the left as you enter the Lobby....BTW, nice name for your ECV! ;)

Thanks! Yeah, he's pretty cool! I put some color changing LEDs under him, and I am my own Main Street Electrical Parade wherever I go! :)

....if it's like the one at BWV, then it should be pretty comfy. My DS and his GF slept on one at BWV when we visited the end of October for the F&WF and they had no problems...

Well that's a pretty good endorsement for me! I just want to make sure my daughter gets a good nights sleep; I keep telling her we can just share the king-sized bed, but she is worried she will wake me up (she has always been a "wild sleeper" and rocks and rolls all night LOL)

Thanks @kimmar067! :)

Apparently I am just full of questions these days. Do people still fax in room requests, and is a week ahead too far out? Thanks, all!

:welcome:

Subquestion #1, has anyone eaten at the Chuy's that is just off the access road for 192? Since we have our car on this trip, I may need a TexMex "booster" before we get out of Florida LOL

Yes it was really good! Although we were last there April 2016. It was $73 for four people including three alcoholic beverages, which I think is much better than you'd do with any of Disney's Mexican choices. We had weird service but great food and I would not hesitate at all to go back!

Also we always take the toll road to western way no matter which resort we're heading to. It's just my preferred "stress free" route and it's not far at all from Western Way at Coronado to AKL.

:welcome:

Yes it was really good! Although we were last there April 2016. It was $73 for four people including three alcoholic beverages, which I think is much better than you'd do with any of Disney's Mexican choices. We had weird service but great food and I would not hesitate at all to go back!

Also we always take the toll road to western way no matter which resort we're heading to. It's just my preferred "stress free" route and it's not far at all from Western Way at Coronado to AKL.

Good to know - we were leaning towards Western Way, just because we know that route so well, and it's not far at all down to AKL from that entrance! :)

We have a Chuy's not far from here at home that is one of our family favorites, so we are used to their... eccentricities! LOL It sounds like the pricing is not too inflated, which is nice so close to the World. :)

Thanks for the Welcome! :)

The refrigerators in the Studios are the half-size ones with a small freezer compartment and ice cube tray inside. (The regular resort rooms have the smaller, dorm room type refrigerators; no freezers in those.)

Thanks! Yeah, he's pretty cool! I put some color changing LEDs under him, and I am my own Main Street Electrical Parade wherever I go! :)

...."HE"?? Does your DH know that you are 'cheating' on him? ;) And, the LED thing sounds WAAAAAAAY cool!

mamabunny said:
Well that's a pretty good endorsement for me! I just want to make sure my daughter gets a good nights sleep; I keep telling her we can just share the king-sized bed, but she is worried she will wake me up (she has always been a "wild sleeper" and rocks and rolls all night LOL)

Thanks @kimmar067! :)
....no problemo!

Hello all! My boyfriend and I will be staying at AKL for a short stay Feb 7-11. It's his first trip to Disney and I'm hoping he loves it!

We both love our morning Starbucks coffee and I was wondering what kind of coffee maker is in the standard rooms? I was hoping a Keurig and we could bring along the Kcups we like.

...."HE"?? Does your DH know that you are 'cheating' on him? ;) And, the LED thing sounds WAAAAAAAY cool!

Yep, the Hubs *bought* Angus for me, so that I can go on all my adventures, and he doesn't have to worry about me! :) Angus is special - he only weighs 35 pounds and fits easily in the back of my Kia Soul, so I never have to worry about getting where I want to go! :) The LED's started out being for safety - so I could see better on darkened paths at WDW, and help prevent folks from walking into me at night... and then when I realized for the same price, I could have *color changing* lights... well... It just had to be!

travelscoot_classic.png
That's my buddy, Angus! :) WDW bus drivers *love* him, and when I fly, he can collapse into his bag that is the size of a golf bag!

Irlo Bronson was a politician and land-owner. He sold land to Walt Disney and this land is now part of Walt Disney World.

Corinna

Thanks @dolphingirl47 - I appreciate the info! I was going to Google ol' Irlo, and haven't had a chance! :)

Yep, the Hubs *bought* Angus for me, so that I can go on all my adventures, and he doesn't have to worry about me! :) Angus is special - he only weighs 35 pounds and fits easily in the back of my Kia Soul, so I never have to worry about getting where I want to go! :) The LED's started out being for safety - so I could see better on darkened paths at WDW, and help prevent folks from walking into me at night... and then when I realized for the same price, I could have *color changing* lights... well... It just had to be!

View attachment 298530
That's my buddy, Angus! :) WDW bus drivers *love* him, and when I fly, he can collapse into his bag that is the size of a golf bag!

...how flippin' CUTE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter