JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went March 2007 and are headed back this August.:cool1: I was looking at all the papers I brought back, and I see:

"Adventure Camp: Children ages 6-12 will love this explorative African experience. Learn more about the animals, art work and African culture here at the Lodge. Saturdays 10am - 2pm."

on the back of my resort map. Anyone have any more info about this?:confused3 TIA!

I remember reading something on allearsnet about it. http://allearsnet.com/news/hnews.htm#032107
If you scroll down to the paragraph on the new kids programs at AKL you may be able to get a bit more information.

We booked a pool view w/ bunks. :banana: But she did say it would have a queen size.

So I didn't make any requests other than non smoking. From what I gather aren't the pool views all in a pretty good location? :confused: Is there a certain trail that you would make a request for? TIA

My two favorite AKL drinks are the Nahtazu and Victoria Falls Mist--both are sweet and delicious.

Mine is the Nyami Nyami. OMG, it is to die for. It's got amarula in it, and some kind of banana stuff and some ice cream... I don't know what else is in it, but it's delicious. I made sure to get one every time I went to the pool. Or two or three. :rolleyes1

Mine is the Nyami Nyami. OMG, it is to die for. It's got amarula in it, and some kind of banana stuff and some ice cream... I don't know what else is in it, but it's delicious. I made sure to get one every time I went to the pool. Or two or three. :rolleyes1

Well it looks like I'll have 3 to try now. ;)

We booked a pool view w/ bunks. :banana: But she did say it would have a queen size.

So I didn't make any requests other than non smoking. From what I gather aren't the pool views all in a pretty good location? :confused: Is there a certain trail that you would make a request for? TIA

We did the same Ktink, and it looks like you'll be leaving when we arrive at AKL. Has anyone heard anymore about the dreaded construction? We are still concerned about it, but we loved AKL last trip, even though we also love WL, so it was a tough decision, but we got the free DDP at AKL, so decision was made! :thumbsup2

Hi! I'm new to the thread! I toured AKL before our Jan cruise this year and feel in love. We are booked for our first Diseny trip as a family in Jan 2008. As everyone I'm a it woory about the construction.

Question- I have seen a map of construction and dates. Besides the villa and the constructin going on the 5 & 6th floors. Will there be more on others floor? It looks like the lobby will be under during our stay. Anyone have info on this?

Tiffany

ktink...all resorts are no smoking now as of June1! check that off our request list!

ktink...all resorts are no smoking now as of June1! check that off our request list!

Where did you hear this? Nothing was said to me when I made my ressie and (unfortunately) requested smoking. (DH is a smoker)

Where did you hear this? Nothing was said to me when I made my ressie and (unfortunately) requested smoking. (DH is a smoker)

Disney just issued a statement. There is a thread on the trip planning forum about it. It is definately true. The statement is quoted on that thread.

Well thats good to know that all resorts are now gonna be non-smoking. Does that mean they cant smoke inside but outside on the balcony or just no smoking period?

Well thats good to know that all resorts are now gonna be non-smoking. Does that mean they cant smoke inside but outside on the balcony or just no smoking period?

No smoking out on the balconies either. There will be "designated" smoking areas outdoors at each resort. I think once this is up and running for a few months, things will be OK, but I'm thinking the first several weeks of this new policy could be a nightmare for the CMs. :confused3

Hi! I'm new to the thread! I toured AKL before our Jan cruise this year and feel in love. We are booked for our first Diseny trip as a family in Jan 2008. As everyone I'm a it woory about the construction.

Question- I have seen a map of construction and dates. Besides the villa and the constructin going on the 5 & 6th floors. Will there be more on others floor? It looks like the lobby will be under during our stay. Anyone have info on this?

Tiffany

ONLY the 5th and 6th floors.

And the lobby, itself, won't be under construction when you're there....just the 5th and 6th floor rooms that surround (have doors that open "into") the lobby.

:)

Someone asked for more construction info: Nothing's really changed, by all reports. If you're on the 4th floor, there's a chance there could be some construction going on above you if you're on Zebra trail....and if you're at the end of Kudo trail, you might hear/see the new animal enclosure being built (though from the pics, it looks like exterior construction is almost finished on that). The Zebra trail construction will continue until July-August-ish and then switch over to Kudo trail.

Most people report they don't even notice that any construction is going on.

Hi All,

We are staying in AKL in about 4 weeks time and i am wanting to try and request a good room location.

Does anyone have any advice about the best room to request that is away from the construction but still has a great view???

We did the same Ktink, and it looks like you'll be leaving when we arrive at AKL. Has anyone heard anymore about the dreaded construction? We are still concerned about it, but we loved AKL last trip, even though we also love WL, so it was a tough decision, but we got the free DDP at AKL, so decision was made! :thumbsup2

Well I wish September would hurry up for the both of us.

Disneybride, thanks for the heads up on the non smoking. I've been too busy changing ADRs to read any statements. :rotfl:

Well I wish September would hurry up for the both of us.

Disneybride, thanks for the heads up on the non smoking. I've been too busy changing ADRs to read any statements. :rotfl:

I hear ya! And now with the no-smoking deal, I don't have to put that as my request :banana: so I'm happy about that for sure. I also need to change ADRs....again! Oh well, that's part of the fun, right?:laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter