JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flossbolna,

You must work for AKL right? I love your picture tour of the resort. If I can't stay this time, at least I think myself there by viewing the pictures. It is difficult to get an idea about the size of the artwork. Are you standing in front or up above?

Thanks, keep the pictures coming!:surfweb:

Oh, I wuld love to work for AKL! That's an idea!! :hippie:

It is difficult to explain the size of the artwork, but the pictures of the two statues were taken standing about one meter (ca. 3 yards??) away from them. I would say, the guy that I liked so much was about 1/2 meter tall while the other statue was much higher....

These are the last pictures I have for you. I thought I had taken so many pictures and now when I am back at home I am sorry that I did not take more!! I think I will have to get another 1 GB chip for my camera for the next trip (916 pictures are obviously not enough!!) :rolleyes1

So the last ones are of our towel animals. Last time at WDW (at POR, I thought moderates were a good idea back then... I guess I have been cured of that notion by now... :rolleyes1 ) we did not get one single towel animals, but when we got to AKL, these were waiting in our room:

DSC00213.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

I have no idea what they might be! But I know what this is:

DSC00902.jpg

He joined us on February 13. I still know this date because at the sink there appeared another towel animal in honor of Valentines day to keep the other one we already had company:

DSC00901.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures! I was glad that I could give something back to this bunch of friendly people who kept me excited about my upcoming trip! And I am looking forward to all the pictures to be posted in the future!

stepdisney.....I know you are being tempted to stray and stay on the other side....lol :) I am looking at these photos too.....and saying, I can stay here !!! Whats one more change??/ Where's ktink??????? lol

Awesome, amazing photos. Have been at AKL...its beautiful, and the pool is great, and the poolside bar!

:rotfl: I deserve that.:rotfl: Also wanted to say "you go girl" little Miss WL concierge.

I'm only 125 days out:woohoo:

i was jsut kidding, I actually fessed up on another thread and admitted to all my resort changes...lol..The Wl concierge thing is still debatable, I really dont want to spend the $ now...lol...I am liking the price of standard at AKL and ill roll the dice at check in....I know, I just said that!!! lol
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was jsut kidding, I actually fessed up on another thread and admitted to all my resort changes...lol..The Wl concierge thing is still debatable, I really dont want to spend the $ now...lol...I am liking the price of standard at AKL and ill roll the dice at check in....I know, I just said that!!! lol

Well you need to come on over to AKL!

Flossbolna, those pictures are just gorgeous. I'm becoming so excited.

Oh, and what are those cocktails called that are supposed to be so good? I can't wait to sample one of those while chillin by the pool.:cloud9:

Disneybride03 and Ktink, we have to get together (wherever we end up staying) since we will be there the same time. Disneybride, if you are staying concierge, throw a few snacks down to the lobby :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: ,

Ktink, we wouldn't be girls if we couldn't change our minds right? It would be sooo funny if we all ended up at AKL. Here's some pixie dust that we all get free upgrades pixiedust: I feel like I know you both.

Flossbolna, love those towel animals. We didn't receive any the last time we were there either. I'm looking forward to receiving them this trip. Thank you for taking such beautiful pictures. My children will have you to thank if we change to AKL.

By the way, it's still a NO....I tried again at dinner tonight. WL would have been my next choice so I'm still happy....who would'nt be....we're going to Disney!

123 Days and counting.....122 if I count this day as being over.....

stepdisney, I'd love for us all to meet up. We'll have to arrange that. And of course as you said, Disneybride will have to bring the snacks.:lmao: I think you two need to come on over to the wildside.:goodvibes

I just can't wait to get there and take some pictures of my own!

Flossbolna, I'm hoping to get some towel animals. We've never gotten them before:sad2:

Flossbolna, Your photos are wonderful! You are making me homesick.

Thank you so much for sharing. I think I will start thinking (translation - planning) a trip for 2008. No AKL or WDW this year.

Angel

Help! I just found this board and thread, and we leave for AKL tomorrow morning. Sooo excited! We paid for a savannah view, but am confused as to which trail we'd want to be on, if possible to request it. My one friend was on the far end of the Zebra trail and thought the view of the animals was great. any thoughts? we don't care about the walking distance if we can see alot of animals from our room..

Help! I just found this board and thread, and we leave for AKL tomorrow morning. Sooo excited! We paid for a savannah view, but am confused as to which trail we'd want to be on, if possible to request it. My one friend was on the far end of the Zebra trail and thought the view of the animals was great. any thoughts? we don't care about the walking distance if we can see alot of animals from our room..

That is so exciting that you leave tomorrow for AKL!!!!! Make sure you take tons of pictures!!!

I personally have requested Zebra Trail for my trip in Oct. I want to have a view of either Arusha or Uzima Savanna. In 2005 I had a Sunset Savannah view on Kudu Trail and we say plenty of animals. Overall everyone has their own opinions and there are TONS of public viewing areas so you will see animals. The resort is beautiful enough and you will have a great time.

Gdad, how did you get your pic stretched out to get the whole view like that? It's GREAT! That's one of the best lobby pictures I've seen.:goodvibes

We haven't made any requests and we've been so happy with our rooms! The first time we went, we paid for a standard view and got upgraded to savannah. It was one of the less desirable savannah views, but still fabulous. We saw all the animals we wanted. We paid for pool view last year and got pool view, but we were still so pleased with our room.

Gdad, how did you get your pic stretched out to get the whole view like that? It's GREAT! That's one of the best lobby pictures I've seen.:goodvibes

Not to answer for him, but my guess:

The beauty of Nikon and it's amazing lenses (not to mention a skilled shutterbug). :)

My wife has done pro-photog stuff in her past (now a SAH Mom), and she always says Nikons can make average photos spectacular and amazing photos into breath-taking works of art. Before I saw his siggie, and just saw the pic, I was actually going to ask if he was using a Nikon and if so, what lenses. Because that certainly ranks right up there with "breath-taking".

:)

We went March 2007 and are headed back this August.:cool1: I was looking at all the papers I brought back, and I see:

"Adventure Camp: Children ages 6-12 will love this explorative African experience. Learn more about the animals, art work and African culture here at the Lodge. Saturdays 10am - 2pm."

on the back of my resort map. Anyone have any more info about this?:confused3 TIA!

Oh, and what are those cocktails called that are supposed to be so good? I can't wait to sample one of those while chillin by the pool.:cloud9:

My two favorite AKL drinks are the Nahtazu and Victoria Falls Mist--both are sweet and delicious.

Thank you- its a 10mm lens that did that.

On your photo site there is a picture of your room. The bed looks like a king bed. Is that a standard room with bunk beds?

Yes- standard pool view room w/ king + bunks. I posted these a few months ago but here they are again.

129084204-L.jpg

129084437-L.jpg

129084341-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter