JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The construction was a non-issue. There were workers there during the day, but I never heard any noise (even when I was at the end of Kudu trail outside on the stairs). The animals didn't seem the least bit concerned about the construction either! One morning, 4 zebras were "playing" down at the end of Kudu trail. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen! I took pictures, but sure wish I'd had a video camera with me! Another day, 2 giraffes were almost in the same spot (near the new barn), swooping down and whacking each other's hind quarters with their heads!! :laughing: They didn't seem mad or aggressive, just kept whacking each other!

Glad to hear that the construction was a non-issue & that it wasn't bothering the animals! We will be staying at AKL for the first time in April with a Savannah view room & this had me a little concerned.

They are very yummy! They are soft & creamy on the inside, with a kind of chocolaty flavor, but there are more flavors inside than chocolate. I have to say they are kind of hard to describe. But they are good!

Thank you! They sound wonderful. I can't wait to give them a try.

Hey there JAMBO gang! I'm home from another FANTASTIC trip to AKL. This time I stayed in a "standard" AKV studio (meaning my balcony view was pool.) I was in room 5406, which is a lobby room right by the suspension bridge. I loved the location and the room was beautiful! :cloud9:

The construction was a non-issue. There were workers there during the day, but I never heard any noise (even when I was at the end of Kudu trail outside on the stairs). The animals didn't seem the least bit concerned about the construction either! One morning, 4 zebras were "playing" down at the end of Kudu trail. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen! I took pictures, but sure wish I'd had a video camera with me! Another day, 2 giraffes were almost in the same spot (near the new barn), swooping down and whacking each other's hind quarters with their heads!! :laughing: They didn't seem mad or aggressive, just kept whacking each other!

On Wednesday (Jan 30th), I was walking around DS when a young woman's beautiful hair caught my eye. I thought it looked familiar. :scratchin When I saw her face, I immediately knew it was........... Flossbolna! :) We only talked for a couple minutes, but it was great to meet her! (she and her friend had gotten in late the night before and her friend was still back at the room) She's just as pretty and lovely as she looks in the picture she posted some pages back!

I hope to get some pictures posted in the next couple of days.

Welcome back.:flower3: That's great that you got to see Floss. Looking forward to the pics.:) :) :)

Call me crazy, but I will be at Disney July 4th. I arrive July 2nd and leave July 14th AKV. I know it is going to be terribly crowded. Any advice/tips? I have ressies at California Grill on July 3rd in hopes of viewing fireworks. I also have ressies at Crystal Palace July 4th in hopes of viewing fireworks from their porch.

I hope these will post OK. Sorry they're so large; and I apologize that some of the zebra shots are blurry - those guys sure move fast! :rotfl:

4 pictures of the zebras playing @ the end of Kudu Trail:

2-3-2008-143.jpg

2-3-2008-144.jpg

2-3-2008-157.jpg

2-3-2008-162.jpg

Tin Can Guitars:

2-3-2008-362.jpg

Bedu Mask:

2-3-2008-365.jpg

And my personal favorite: :cloud9:

2-3-2008-460.jpg

Call me crazy, but I will be at Disney July 4th. I arrive July 2nd and leave July 14th AKV. I know it is going to be terribly crowded. Any advice/tips? I have ressies at California Grill on July 3rd in hopes of viewing fireworks. I also have ressies at Crystal Palace July 4th in hopes of viewing fireworks from their porch.

Don't worry about the crowds. It stays pretty crowded ALL summer long! Best advice is start early; take a break and relax back at AKL or resort hop during the heat of the day; then head back out late afternoon or early evening.

As far as California Grill, even if your dining time doesn't put you up there during the fireworks, you're invited to come back up to view them because you dined there that evening. :thumbsup2

12 days at AKL? AWESOME!!!

If I didn't keep forgetting which page I left off on, I might be able to get through this thread someday.:snail:

Don't worry about the crowds. It stays pretty crowded ALL summer long! Best advice is start early; take a break and relax back at AKL or resort hop during the heat of the day; then head back out late afternoon or early evening.

As far as California Grill, even if your dining time doesn't put you up there during the fireworks, you're invited to come back up to view them because you dined there that evening. :thumbsup2

12 days at AKL? AWESOME!!!

Great advice. Thanks.:flower3:

Great pics!!! Those zebra domes look yummy. How do you like your zebra domes? With milk, with coffee, with tea, with???:rolleyes:

Too Big??? That's crazy! Since when is 700+ pages too big? Anyway, it's said that size doesn't matter.:lmao:

I guess size does matter on these boards! And they have definitely been much faster since hiding and closing those large threads. :) Here's the latest from Webmaster Alex, which is why I'm thinking this thread will be closed:

1. Threads will be closed at 250 pages (3750 posts)
2. Any existing thread over 250 pages will be locked as is.
3. The really long threads that were removed will come back over the next week or so. I have to shut the boards down to cut them up so I will try to do it during "off hours". We are also trying index them so people will be able to reference them.

Kimmar's other thread is where we AKL lovers can "continue" our conversations! :thumbsup2

I guess size does matter on these boards! And they have definitely been much faster since hiding and closing those large threads. :) Here's the latest from Webmaster Alex, which is why I'm thinking this thread will be closed:

1. Threads will be closed at 250 pages (3750 posts)
2. Any existing thread over 250 pages will be locked as is.
3. The really long threads that were removed will come back over the next week or so. I have to shut the boards down to cut them up so I will try to do it during "off hours". We are also trying index them so people will be able to reference them.

Kimmar's other thread is where we AKL lovers can "continue" our conversations! :thumbsup2

Over on the Creative DISigns board we have had what we lovingly called "The Monster Thread" for a couple of years now. It had 159,363 replies and 1,518,570 views. :eek: I know that threads like that slowed down the boards, for certain! But, we just started a new one on January 24, with a slightly different name and continued where we left off. We are already at page 189 and expect to have to start a new thread in the next couple of days when these changes come about. You can start a new thread on this board with just a title change and keep on going! ::yes::

I recommend you get yourself a subscription to Tour Guide Mike, stat! :thumbsup2

RachelTori, thanks for the pictures. They are great! :thumbsup2

Thanks CJsMom, I'll do that.:flower3: RacelTori, thanks for the updated thread info.:flower3:

RachaelTori,

Thanks for the great pictures! Sure hope that you are going to post a trip report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter