January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part III !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bounjour! It is freezing here today! Hope everyone is having a great morning.:goodvibes

Don't you love it when your child embarrasses you?

This morning there was a woman wearing a big purple coat. Belle took off running towards her and screaming at her saying, "IT'S BARNEY!!!!"

Ha!! That's hysterical!! What did "barney" say to Belle?
...a wee bit nipply...

:rotfl2:

I thought that was VERY Funny!!!!

Good Morning Snowbirds!! Wow, are we going to finish the thread today?

And of course Happy Birthday Mr. Mouse!!! ::MickeyMo

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICKEY!!! Oh how I still think you are a handsome devil all these years...Minnie is one lucky gal LOL!!!

DH was no help. :sad2:

My man is never any help either. It's frustrating.

Usually what I do when I can't make up my mind is pick something, then realize how I feel about the decision. Eenie Meenie Miney Mo... sometimes works. I pick one, and then I can usually tell which choice I'll be happy with because I say the other one actually won.

That's how I decided to stay in AKL. I decided that I couldn't justify the money and chose POR instead. However, I was not OK with that decision so I tried to figure out how I could stay at AKL part of the time and still not spend too much money. Then, I decided that's where I really wanted to stay, so instead of settling with a Moderate, I settled with a less expensive room at AKL, and I'm happy with my decision.

I suppose it might be too late for you to do that though, because you cannot very well cancel your room at SoG and then book at the Timeshare place, then decide you want SoG back again.

We've done the Condo thing, and it's nice, but we're stay in the parks all day people, then crash as soon as we get home. The only real perk to it was the fact we could cook breakfast in our room, but we ended up eating cereal or donuts half the time anyways, which we could have done in a hotel room.
For us I actually think it would have been nice to have an on property room, because then we could all go at different paces. It was frustrating sometimes to have to wait until everybody was ready to leave in the morning, and ready to go back at night. However, our last few trips have been many teenagers and adults...

I think we're going to finish this thread before noon LOL!!

Usually what I do when I can't make up my mind is pick something, then realize how I feel about the decision. Eenie Meenie Miney Mo... sometimes works. I pick one, and then I can usually tell which choice I'll be happy with because I say the other one actually won.

That's how I decided to stay in AKL. I decided that I couldn't justify the money and chose POR instead. However, I was not OK with that decision so I tried to figure out how I could stay at AKL part of the time and still not spend too much money. Then, I decided that's where I really wanted to stay, so instead of settling with a Moderate, I settled with a less expensive room at AKL, and I'm happy with my decision.

I suppose it might be too late for you to do that though, because you cannot very well cancel your room at SoG and then book at the Timeshare place, then decide you want SoG back again.

We've done the Condo thing, and it's nice, but we're stay in the parks all day people, then crash as soon as we get home. The only real perk to it was the fact we could cook breakfast in our room, but we ended up eating cereal or donuts half the time anyways, which we could have done in a hotel room.
For us I actually think it would have been nice to have an on property room, because then we could all go at different paces. It was frustrating sometimes to have to wait until everybody was ready to leave in the morning, and ready to go back at night. However, our last few trips have been many teenagers and adults...

At least you want to take your man to Disney LOL!!! I'm not going with mine again unless we have kids and he has to pretend to at least like it for their sake LOL!!!!

Shawna...he's already mapping out the best places to hunt in TX....LOL!!! He was getting all excited showing me and I was like ummmm Honey would you like to hear about my Disney ADRs next...suffice to say he went on to email his dad about it LOL!

Bounjour! It is freezing here today! Hope everyone is having a great morning.:goodvibes

This morning there was a woman wearing a big purple coat. Belle took off running towards her and screaming at her saying, "IT'S BARNEY!!!!"

:rotfl2:

Just add to add that Tink has always been one of my favorites, and as a kid, I was not allowed to jump in beds. So,, I told my mom when I grew up I would let my kids say bad words and jump in the bed---she always said I was fiesty too!! Of course, I do NOT let my kids say bad words (I have NO idea where that came from:sad2: ) but I do let them jump on my big bed occassionaly!!! And I have crazy dreams like that all the time!!

Growing up my mom would never let us leave the house without making our beds... she used to even fluff up her carpet with a broom when she walked out the door so there were no footprints in the carpet:lmao: .... now she tells my kids "why make your bed... your only getting back in it later.." and when I run around cleaning up at night before bed she tells me not to worry it will be there tomorrow.... boy has she mellowed..... the scary thing is I am so much like her about keeping the house clean... except that crazy carpet fluffing.... that was just nuts:rotfl2:

How did the woman respond!?

'Barney' wasn't very amused, which made it all the more embarrassing! I'll have to write that story in her scrap book, though.

Speaking of Tinkerbelle.... Have any of you seen the movie? I just cried at the end of it, it was so nostalgic and sweet! I just love Disney!!!!

Oh, and now when Belle see's the castle at the beginning of Disney movies she tell's us "I go Disney!" :laughing:

Hi All! Welcome to any new Snowbirds...pixie dust and hugs to those who need it! I am ok...things have been really stressful at our house with the layoff. The shoe fell on Friday and he got a severence til end of Dec. I am a bit of a mess. We are still going on the trip. Airfare and tickets are not refundable, we are using my firends DVC and since she is with us, it is free. We pricelined a car so we can't get that back either...at this point not going would lose us a bunch of money. We have to eat anyway, we will just have to be frugal.

I need this trip ,ore than ever now. It is something happy to look forward to. Thank goodness I had Christmas all done :) I have one pair of Ugg boots I have to buy for my oldest and that is all...I am waiting to see if they go on sale.

Keep us in your thoughts...

Hi All! Welcome to any new Snowbirds...pixie dust and hugs to those who need it! I am ok...things have been really stressful at our house with the layoff. The shoe fell on Friday and he got a severence til end of Dec. I am a bit of a mess. We are still going on the trip. Airfare and tickets are not refundable, we are using my firends DVC and since she is with us, it is free. We pricelined a car so we can't get that back either...at this point not going would lose us a bunch of money. We have to eat anyway, we will just have to be frugal.

I need this trip ,ore than ever now. It is something happy to look forward to. Thank goodness I had Christmas all done :) I have one pair of Ugg boots I have to buy for my oldest and that is all...I am waiting to see if they go on sale.

Absolutetly!! I will definitely be keeping your family in our prayers!

:hug: I really hope things start looking up soon.

Have you googled the Uggs? I found a really good deal on some a while back. They were very discounted, but I'm not sure where I saw them. It's worth a shot!:goodvibes

Okay, I'm all caught up on reading. I wasn't on last night or this a.m. until now. Good Morning Chatty Snowbirds!!
Morning. Anyone want to go outside for me? Local weather says it's 18 outside but feels like 7. Yes that's a single digit. The only time I like single digits is when I'm counting down to go on vacation, otherwise single digits are just pointless.

Well I'm off to layer myself up. Have a good day and stay warm!

Oh yeah, I'm at 50 days today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**thinking happy, warm, sunny thoughts**
Yup, it was about 18 when I left for work today! BRRR. Congrats on 50 days!

Sending happy, sunny thoughts your way!!! We have an excess of them at the moment. It's 9.15pm and it's still 24C - that's 75F in your 'speak'. We're sleeping with the bare minimum and the ceiling fans on! If it stays any hotter overnight, I'm gonna have to turn on the airconditioning!
Thanks for sending the warm thoughts, but you're torturing me with the 75F talk! ;)
Good Morning Snowbirds!

I wanted to wish our beloved Mickey Mouse a Happy 80th Birthday
party: party:
It's the best reason for a party!!
:banana: Oh Boy, Happy Birthday Mickey!! We love you!
I'm patiently checking my mail every day for my Passporter....should be here ANY day!!! I'm so excited.:cool1:
I'm waiting for mine too! Where is it?
Good Morning Snowbirds! :goodvibes It's a wee bit nipply outside here today in NW Ontario! Just got back from walking DD7 to school! Brrrrrrrrr! My thermometer says its -10C (14F) I keep telling myself that this is only the beginning! It is not uncommon for our part of the world to see -35C! Welcome to winter!
That is truly harsh. You win. I'm a native Minnesotan and there's something about below 0F that makes it nasty. Plus wind? That is why I must go south in the winter.

:rotfl: :rotfl2: Good one!!
Greetings all! We are headed to the World in mid-January and I just have to share how much I've enjoyed reading your posts over the past weeks!

ETA: To danceintherain, I LOVE the "Proud member of the DidichoosetherightDisneyresortophobia Club" in your siggie! Is that a club that is open to new members? I believe I could use some company. :)
:welcome: I think we're all unofficial members of that club!

I'm so sorry, Glo! I will be thinking about you and praying for your family. I hope this trip will be good for you.:hug:

glo, thanks for letting us know how you're doing. Your family remains in our prayers. :flower3:

You're right about just picking one and then realizing you really wanted the other...I might have to try that! :thumbsup2
Thanks for your thoughts on the condo. I'm planning on an afternoon break every day, since we have a little one, so it is a big factor to be close to the parks. On the other hand, the extra space would be so nice. Sigh, I'm not getting anywhere with this. :confused:

Oh my gosh....that is too funny! :lmao:

I think we're going to finish this thread before noon LOL!!

Well, we must keep posting,right?

There's the snowbird spirit....we must move on to Part IV!!! :cool1:

:hug: Glo - you're in our thoughts!!!

I was so worried that we would be on Part IV by the time I jumped on today! Glad i made it before the move! :yay:

Good evening snowbirds! So I was checking into getting an autograph book early and I wanna custom make one but I'm not crafty. At all. Any ideas?
Let me start by saying - you may not think you are crafty but once you get on there and start looking around you'll get bit my the bug too! I have been making tons of stuff and I am still two months away :goodvibes
There is a lady named Natalie - she does the most AMAZING DISigns. She has invites to almost all the restaurants as well as other activities and Welcome Invites. She will personalize it for you or you can save her shared stuff and personalize it yourself.
Here is her link for shared stuff:
www.4shared.com/dir/5978989/a...s_DISigns.html

And this is her link to her invites thread:
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1722700

She does lots of other stuff too!
I started looking over there too- I'm pretty crafty so I'm going to make some stuff I think. I'm making iron on tshirts/sweatshirts for all of us. For my parents I'm making one's that say Grandmom's/Pop Pop's Mouseketeers and putting all the grandkids names on mouse ears. I just started digital scrapbooking and I'm figuring out how to do it. I saved some of the DISigns for wrapping candy bars in too- Did you see the little nugget ones that you make to look like the characters with feet and heads?- adorable! Let me know if you guys come across anything else! I've been bit by the creative bug!
I too am making t-shirts. My boys are wearing matching shirts all week! I am a Disney Geek ;) YES, I am making those nuggets - so cute! I know that my boys will enjoy these "little" things just as much as if I spent lots of $$. Also it is SO MUCH FUN!

I was just thinking about digital scrapbooking but I am worried about printing out all the pages. Will it look good? How much will it cost?? I'm not sure. I am going to start looking into it as soon as I catch up will the last year of pictures I haven't even touched yet :scared1:

There are a few people on the Creative DISign thread that do autograph books. You just print out the pages onto 4x6 cards (easy) and ask one of them to personalize the cover for you. You can take it to a staples to get it bound or get a cheap plastic photo album to put them in.

Here are a few links to some of the people that make them:
http://s345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/ljcollins_2008/
or
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt/No Names/
Hope this helps :goodvibes
Wow lots of ideas...how will I ever find the time to get it all done!:eek: Thanks for all the great ideas- windows clings sound fun!!!! I better make my list of supplies needed and get my crafty tush in gear... only 64 days left on my countdown!
Good Morning Snowbirds!

I wanted to wish our beloved Mickey Mouse a Happy 80th Birthday
party: party:
It's the best reason for a party!!
Happy Birthday Mickey!!!!!:smickey:

That is hilarious! :laughing: My son (when he was 2 or 3) pointed out when a woman passed gas in target. He shouted loud and clear "TOOTIE!!!!!" I whipped that cart around so fast and booked it out of that aisle! I didn't want to face that one.

You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: Layoffs are happening far too often these days. I hope you enjoy the time in WDW with your family and things start looking brighter for you soon. :flower3:

Oh, a couple other things. I will be packing swim suits, not just for the cruise, but for CBR's beautiful pool! :) Anyone notice the trend of which of us are planning to swim? Can you say Northerner? :laughing:

I think we better set up our Part IV pretty quick! Wow! I have only been on here since October and am aiming to hit 400 posts this week! Yikes! :scared1:

Well, I'm back at work today. I'm already ready for a nap. I woke up at 2am with a KILLER sinus headache. So, I'm battling that on top of "first day being active post-surgery." :sick: :faint: My coworkers are taking good care of me, though!!!

It's also about 30F out. Brrr. So first day back and it's below freezing all day? I should have stayed in bed all day! ;)

That's really funny. But really, a large purple coat? If that was the first time that happened, she's lucky!!

Absolutely!! :grouphug:

I chattered my poor husband's ear off this morning about DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY on the way to work. (Of course, it started with me discussing my surgery - I had one part of the recovery modified FROM 8 weeks to 2, and I pointed out that 8 weeks would have been the night we landed in Orlando and and and DISNEY AND FOOD AND PARKS AND CROWDS AND MARATHONS AND AND... apparently, staying in all weekend wasn't good for me! ;))

Anywho, now that I'm upright, I need to start thinking about the holidays and what to do for gifts! This is me right now---> :idea: I get an idea but then it leaves my poor brain! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter