January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part III !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, a couple other things. I will be packing swim suits, not just for the cruise, but for CBR's beautiful pool! :) Anyone notice the trend of which of us are planning to swim? Can you say Northerner? :laughing:

I think we better set up our Part IV pretty quick! Wow! I have only been on here since October and am aiming to hit 400 posts this week! Yikes! :scared1:

Northerners...aka the Crazy Loons as I call you!! I'll bring you the hot chocolate as you freeze as you come out of the pool LOL!!!!! I'm not even bringing shorts on this trip....LOL

Well, I'm back at work today. I'm already ready for a nap. I woke up at 2am with a KILLER sinus headache. So, I'm battling that on top of "first day being active post-surgery." :sick: :faint: My coworkers are taking good care of me, though!!!

It's also about 30F out. Brrr. So first day back and it's below freezing all day? I should have stayed in bed all day! ;)

That's really funny. But really, a large purple coat? If that was the first time that happened, she's lucky!!

Absolutely!! :grouphug:

I chattered my poor husband's ear off this morning about DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY on the way to work. (Of course, it started with me discussing my surgery - I had one part of the recovery modified FROM 8 weeks to 2, and I pointed out that 8 weeks would have been the night we landed in Orlando and and and DISNEY AND FOOD AND PARKS AND CROWDS AND MARATHONS AND AND... apparently, staying in all weekend wasn't good for me! ;))

Anywho, now that I'm upright, I need to start thinking about the holidays and what to do for gifts! This is me right now---> :idea: I get an idea but then it leaves my poor brain! ;)

Sarah so glad to hear that you are up and about and feeling better!! Of course when doesn't talking about Disney make you feel up in the air good LOL!!!

Crazy Loon here...I'm packing my swim suit too!!! But I'll have hot chocolate when I'm done! :rolleyes1

Not sure about the shorts though- I'm okay in pants and a t-shirt at 70 degrees.

Sarah - good luck your first day back at work! Hope the sinus thing gets better. I had that two nights ago, only at 4 a.m.! It's better today. Lots of Sudafed and Advil helped!
Northerners...aka the Crazy Loons as I call you!! I'll bring you the hot chocolate as you freeze as you come out of the pool LOL!!!!! I'm not even bringing shorts on this trip....LOL
Gosh, thanks! I wish you were there at the same time as me! I may be mostly in the hot tub!:laughing:

Well, I'm back at work today. I'm already ready for a nap. I woke up at 2am with a KILLER sinus headache. So, I'm battling that on top of "first day being active post-surgery." :sick: :faint: My coworkers are taking good care of me, though!!!

It's also about 30F out. Brrr. So first day back and it's below freezing all day? I should have stayed in bed all day! ;)

. . .

Anywho, now that I'm upright, I need to start thinking about the holidays and what to do for gifts! This is me right now---> :idea: I get an idea but then it leaves my poor brain! ;)

It was 28F when I left for work this AM - highs in the 40s. I think winter means it this time!

But we're all still glad you're well enough to be vertical and at work!

As for ideas - happens to me all the time. I say that my mind works like lightening - one brief flash & it's gone! :laughing:

Oh, a couple other things. I will be packing swim suits, not just for the cruise, but for CBR's beautiful pool! :) Anyone notice the trend of which of us are planning to swim? Can you say Northerner? :laughing:

I think we better set up our Part IV pretty quick! Wow! I have only been on here since October and am aiming to hit 400 posts this week! Yikes! :scared1:

Count us in as crazy Northerners! Anything close to 70 will see us wet - I am determined to use the slide at least once during this trip! :banana: Can I get marshmallows in my hot chocolate (and maybe a little Kahlua)??

This Southerner (who freezes when it's 70) is packing a swimsuit! Sorry Jen!:laughing:

I'm hoping to get in the hot tub at least once. I'm going to be on vacation for crying out loud!

Shelly Where are you...what happens if we hit 250 without Mama Snowbird!

'Barney' wasn't very amused, which made it all the more embarrassing! I'll have to write that story in her scrap book, though.

Speaking of Tinkerbelle.... Have any of you seen the movie? I just cried at the end of it, it was so nostalgic and sweet! I just love Disney!!!!

Oh, and now when Belle see's the castle at the beginning of Disney movies she tell's us "I go Disney!" :laughing:

I loved the ending too- my dh just rolled his eyes. He doesn't get it.
My son does the same thing when he sees the castle at hte beginning of the movies. He says "There's Disney World! We're going to see Mickey soon!"

Today is Wall-E day at our house! We haven't seen it yet and my dh is stopping on his way home to get it for us. I'll have the kids bathed and the popcorn ready! My kids are behaving so well knowing that we won't watch it if not. :laughing:

Sarah - good luck your first day back at work! Hope the sinus thing gets better. I had that two nights ago, only at 4 a.m.! It's better today. Lots of Sudafed and Advil helped!

Oh, yes. Sudafed and I are buddies from October through March... same with Advil. Conveniently, the meds I was given for surgery are ibuprofen 600 - heavy duty Advil! :)

But we're all still glad you're well enough to be vertical and at work!

As for ideas - happens to me all the time. I say that my mind works like lightening - one brief flash & it's gone! :laughing:

Thanks! And, yeah, that's about right! If I don't have something to write it down IMMEDIATELY it is loooong goooone from my brain. ;)

Count us in as crazy Northerners! Anything close to 70 will see us wet - I am determined to use the slide at least once during this trip! :banana: Can I get marshmallows in my hot chocolate (and maybe a little Kahlua)??[/QUOTE]

While 70s/upper 60s will have me in short sleeves... I'm not much of a swimmer (shhhh). So it doesn't matter to me WHAT the weather is! ;)

My boss is planning a Disney trip for her winter break this year. When she hired me in January, we discovered we were taking the same cruise ship/same cruise, two months apart. She says on principal, she's NOT going to stay at POR so she can have a different vacation than me!! She's thinking about CBR, which I know many of you would approve of. (I think what sold her was the 4/3 deal and she's planning to go for 2 weeks. So very jealous.)

My son does the same thing when he sees the castle at hte beginning of the movies. He says "There's Disney World! We're going to see Mickey soon!"

Today is Wall-E day at our house! We haven't seen it yet and my dh is stopping on his way home to get it for us. I'll have the kids bathed and the popcorn ready! My kids are behaving so well knowing that we won't watch it if not. :laughing:

Sounds like a blast! DD will only sit through 30 minutes of a movie so far. She gets very excited at first, but then she gets bored. I can't wait until we can start watching movies as a family.:goodvibes

We LOVE WALL-E. Be prepared for a tear or too, Just his cute WallE noises teared me up... "EVA" :)

Morning Snowbirds,

I think kids love to embarasses adults...I was at the mall with my 3-yr-old cousin one day and girl walked by with a rainbow mohawk...my cousin pointed and yelled very loud that girl has a rainbow on her head...I had to try not to laugh outloud...I just kept pushing the stroller right passed them.

Being from Michigan we will be in the pool and at the water park come January...I will also be in capris with a sweatshirt on in the evening.

This Southerner (who freezes when it's 70) is packing a swimsuit! Sorry Jen!:laughing:

I'm hoping to get in the hot tub at least once. I'm going to be on vacation for crying out loud!

I was really hoping to count on you of all people Soleil LOL!!! That is okay!! LOL!!!

I decided it is not in my best interest to venture over to the dining boards anymore...I get paranoid pretty easily now I'm all worried about my credits on the dining plan and if I should have just told my dad "No" and stuck with paying OOP.

I decided it is not in my best interest to venture over to the dining boards anymore...I get paranoid pretty easily now I'm all worried about my credits on the dining plan and if I should have just told my dad "No" and stuck with paying OOP.

I know, I am now paranoid about the restaurants that are possibly not participating in the DDP in 2009! Right now neither Beaches & Cream or Big River Grill are on the list. I left one night open to go to one of those 2 places. . . If they end up not being on the DDP I will need to make another ADR. I want to know now!!! Why don't they know yet??? :furious: It's only like 6 weeks until 2009. Come on!!

Me too!! I go back and forth with which DP to get, what restaurants to eat at...I've finally decided that I don't want to be tied to reservations at certain times/places so I'm only considering the QSDP. Especially since we're not having park hoppers. We're trying to be leisurely. Only problem is, I keep thinking about doing character meals! Even though my kids say they don't care and will see characters on the cruise. Must...stop...thinking!

Have any of you had any issues with the Dining plan??

My dad did the deluxe as my Christmas gift from him, but I'm not quite sure I understand it all. I know I get 3 TS meals, but can I use them as Counter service??? He also paid via a gift card so I'm not sure how we would get our money back if I did decide not to go that route???

I just need to keep telling myself that for every 1 horror story there are many other dream stories and that I shouldn't let one thing get to me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter