January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part IV !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna be a good one - I promise! :goodvibes
Do you know something???

Hi guys, I have not really been around. We are still going on our trip, but things here have been very shaky. My oldest daughter was hospitalized for 7.5 days for a non medical reason. It has completely taken our family back as to what we could have done differently or wrong or whatever. She was released two days before Christmas. She is coming with us, and I am going to have to back out of any meet. I do not want to upset her or make her feel ill at ease. I am sorry :( DH is still out of work :(
huge hugs to all of you
glo

I hope all goes well for your daughter and family and you are able to have a great trip!! :grouphug: :flower3:

I think byron and mary are still together, they are from season six. I didnt watch that season but I remember seeing an update show and they were on it.

I think Byron & Mary are still together but they are NOT married :confused3

not a big bachelor fan, but i am looking forward to the start of the biggest loser again!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Biggest Loser :love: I may be in my room at Disney watching Tues the 26 :rotfl2:

Detailed ten-day forecast

Thank you. It looks like I am going to just have to pack a variety of stuff. Me and ds will probably wear layers of clothes that way we can take off as needed. However my husband says that as long as it is above 50 he will be wearing shorts and a t-shirt! :goodvibes

I think Byron & Mary are still together but they are NOT married :confused3

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Biggest Loser :love: I may be in my room at Disney watching Tues the 26 :rotfl2:

we love love love it, but that reminds me I have to set the DVR to watch it next week. once we get back we are goin to try to do the biggest loser here at our house, we tried once and we both lost a ton of weight and then got away from it...heres to hoping!

Good morning Snowbirds! :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana:

I've missed you! I thought life would slow down a little after Christmas, but no such luck. :sad2: Now I'm about 50 pages behind on this thread, and I haven't even read about Shelly's big Reveal! :upsidedow I may not ever catch up, so I hope everyone is doing well and ready to go see Mickey! :mickeyjum I know I missed Sarah's birthday yesterday... hope you had a good one! :cake: My sweet baby girl turned 1 yesterday! princess: Where does the time go?

I finally made a countdown calendar yesterday, starting with 15 days to go! :cheer2: DH and the boys were impressed with the clever use of Home Depot paint chips. DIS gets the credit for that! :thumbsup2

But now Disney has me totally re-thinking my plans! :rolleyes: They just came out with a special ticket offer for military folks...it's a great deal, but it's only good on 5-day tickets (not upgradable). We already purchased 7-day hoppers, which we could save for another trip someday, but I'll need to re-plan this trip with only 5 "major" park days. I hope that doesn't sound whiney--I love saving money so I'm excited about the deal! Here's a question...what can we use "water park fun & more" on? Pleasure Island is closed, Typhoon Lagoon is in rehab. We're thinking of Blizzard Beach, but I'm afraid it will be too cold. I'm sure the boys would love DisneyQuest (which I've never told them about since we've never had time for it). Anything else I'm forgetting? Did they add one of the mini-golfs to it? I suppose I could go look it up.

Totally off topic, but I'd appreciate your prayers for my dear friend Janet. Her baby Benjamin arrived on his due date just after Christmas, but he had died earlier that day. DD and I are flying to Denver on Wednesday to attend his memorial service. I don't know what to say to her but hope I can offer some support and comfort. :hug:

How terribly sad.... we will say some prayers for her and her family.....

I am a fan - shamefully admitting.

I did not know Deanna and Jesse broke up- I'll have to search out that u tube video. I was surprised she didn't pick that other professional guy that came back to the resort for her (can't remember name).
I think Deanna didn't pick Jason because of his son, that's a big life change. My DH is my dd's step dad, and I know the trials we have been through and will go through... oh wow - I am airing out my laundry now :laundy: - not like me - must be getting comfortable.

I think this season will be better because Jason is more mature- I hope - very risky to place your young son in that position - I could never do it. Use to be a time when you had to be child free and never married to be on the bachelor/ette.

FYI- Mary and Byron- not sure , but she was arrested for assualt on a man in her aprtment- no confirmation if it was Byron. This was maybe 2 years ago.

Everyone enjoy the show :happytv:

Hi guys, I have not really been around. We are still going on our trip, but things here have been very shaky. My oldest daughter was hospitalized for 7.5 days for a non medical reason. It has completely taken our family back as to what we could have done differently or wrong or whatever. She was released two days before Christmas. She is coming with us, and I am going to have to back out of any meet. I do not want to upset her or make her feel ill at ease. I am sorry :( DH is still out of work :(

I hope you all have a great time on your trips. I am still excited about ours in just 10 days and hope it does all of us some good. I can not wait to see pictures. Has anyone heard about the photoshare we are doing? Jenjolt you are in the group have you heard anything? Please let me know!

huge hugs to all of you
glo

:hug: Hi Glo... please know I have been thinking about you since your previous post reporting to us about your DH. I am sorry to hear about your daughter. You need to do what is best for her right now- enjoy your trip and know thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Alright snowbirds I need some help!
I'm trying to think of a fun thing to do at Epcot that relates to eating around the world, but only is more specific. I've heard of chocolate around the world but I'm not much of a fan of chocolate :confused3 Does anyone have any other ideas?

I'm trying to think of a fun thing to do at Epcot that relates to eating around the world, but only is more specific. I've heard of chocolate around the world but I'm not much of a fan of chocolate :confused3 Does anyone have any other ideas?

Pastries around the world?
Drinks around the world? (non- alcoholic an option as well)

I knda like the pastry idea- my park goals involve at least 3 pastries- may as well add the rest! lol.

Ladies.... HELP... can't decided what to do.... okay heres the deal... my mom, my aunt and my moms childhood friend (never been to Disney) want to do a girls only trip in June... two years ago I took my mom, my aunt (her first visit) and DD for a week... we had a great time....

so this is what I came up with for price.... using the military special they are offering....

airfare... direct flights Buffalo to Orlando and back $165 each
tickets $99 for 5 day ticket each
hotel..... either CBR or CSR for 6 nights - 2 rooms... cost $365 per person
dining plan.... 240 each

total per person $878 for airfare, tickets, hotel and dining.........

what do you think....

Beer and wine around the world......:woohoo: :drinking1 :drinking1

Ladies.... HELP... can't decided what to do.... okay heres the deal... my mom, my aunt and my moms childhood friend (never been to Disney) want to do a girls only trip in June... two years ago I took my mom, my aunt (her first visit) and DD for a week... we had a great time....

so this is what I came up with for price.... using the military special they are offering....

dining plan.... 240 each

what do you think....

DO IT!

What did you think we'd say? :rotfl2:

Flight price is good, tickets are dirt cheap, resort may be less? and dining is always the same. Go for it and have a good time with the girls! :thumbsup2

dining plan.... 240 each

what do you think....

I don't think that is a bad idea...I have stayed at CBR but never CSR. have you talked to your friends to see what they think about the price?

DO IT!

What did you think we'd say? :rotfl2:

Flight price is good, tickets are dirt cheap, resort may be less? and dining is always the same. Go for it and have a good time with the girls! :thumbsup2

I agree... now to convince the DH...... I know what he is going to say.... "blah blah blah... if you really want to go then go.... but remember we have tuition to pay.... blah blah blah".... sometimes he is such a downer...:rotfl2:

I agree... now to convince the DH...... I know what he is going to say.... "blah blah blah... if you really want to go then go.... but remember we have tuition to pay.... blah blah blah".... sometimes he is such a downer...:rotfl2:

I have one just like that! :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter