• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

An Oct 7th public release could be a good theory looking at the release dates from '13, '14, '15.

Posting this again since we continue to gain additional traffic here with the heightened anticipation:
2017 Travel - released 9/28/16 VISA, released 9/30/16 PUBLIC
2016 Travel - released 9/24/15 VISA, released 9/28/15 PUBLIC
2015 Travel - released 10/6/14 VISA, released 10/9/14 PUBLIC
2014 Travel - released 10/3/13 VISA, released 10/7/13 PUBLIC
2013 Travel - released 10/4/12 VISA, released 10/10/12 PUBLIC

Also if you want to know more about how this deal has worked in the past and how to calculate what your savings might be check this out:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2017-calculation-thread.3550783/

Except that's a Saturday...the past five years have been weekdays, right? What are your thoughts on Disney going live with a new promo on a weekend? I just don't see it happening. But who knows??? There was an AP discount released on a Saturday last year. :confused: Disney sure makes the guessing game a good one.

Except that's a Saturday...the past five years have been weekdays, right? What are your thoughts on Disney going live with a new promo on a weekend? I just don't see it happening. But who knows??? There was an AP discount released on a Saturday last year. :confused: Disney sure makes the guessing game a good one.
I don't actually think it will be released on Oct 7th. I was just pointing out that another poster's insistence that it would be sooner than that has no factual basis.

I don't have a Disney Visa card, but I didn't have any trouble getting what I wanted last year. Hoping it's the same this year (Planning for All Star Music this time...stayed at Pop last time).

Hi all, I've been silently following along for a few weeks now. It looks like quite a few of you are booking pros and many book/modify the same day discounts come out. What's the longest you've waited and still been able to get a discount?

I'm hoping for a room only discount or a pin code to apply to my existing reservation for January.

I don't have a Disney Visa card, but I didn't have any trouble getting what I wanted last year. Hoping it's the same this year (Planning for All Star Music this time...stayed at Pop last time).
What kind of Disney fan are you without the Disney Visa card...(kidding!) ;)

Hi all, I've been silently following along for a few weeks now. It looks like quite a few of you are booking pros and many book/modify the same day discounts come out. What's the longest you've waited and still been able to get a discount?

I'm hoping for a room only discount or a pin code to apply to my existing reservation for January.

We had rooms at BC & OKW last year during President's week (16 of us, studios, regular hotel rooms, & a 2bd at OKW). We basically didn't get a discount at all (maybe $100 for the whole week total). No rooms for Stay, Play, Fine available where we stayed - and I was on immediately, with a Disney Visa.

Has there been a discount in the past called "Fun in the Sun?" I just saw a sponsored ad in Google search results for that on special offers, but when I clicked on it, the offers were still holiday offers. Just wondering if that is one that is imminent.

Obsessively watching the special offers page (and this thread!).

Has there been a discount in the past called "Fun in the Sun?" I just saw a sponsored ad in Google search results for that on special offers, but when I clicked on it, the offers were still holiday offers. Just wondering if that is one that is imminent.

Obsessively watching the special offers page (and this thread!).
I don't ever remember Disney having a special offer called 'Fun in the Sun.'

It looks like there was a package called "Fun & Sun" this year. But the dates were later in the year than Jan/Feb/March. It was for April-June. *shrug*

I don't believe it is an actual offer put out by Disney or else it would be on their special offers page. So far the only official 2018 Disney offer to be announced is the current BounceBack offer for guests staying at WDW now through October 31st. They can book a package with Free Dining for fall of 2018.

I'm not sure if the previous Room Discount BounceBack offer was for dates only in 2017 or if it included 2018 dates too but the 'Fun & Sun' offer you've found does not appear to be from Disney.

I don't believe it is an actual offer put out by Disney or else it would be on their special offers page. So far the only official 2018 Disney offer to be announced is the current BounceBack offer for guests staying at WDW now through October 31st. They can book a package with Free Dining for fall of 2018.

I'm not sure if the previous Room Discount BounceBack offer was for dates only in 2017 or if it included 2018 dates too but the 'Fun & Sun' offer you've found does not appear to be from Disney.

Gotcha.

Based on this forum and some investigating, it was just a package offer for April-June 2017. I saw the banner ad this morning and thought that something similar might be about to drop on the official Disney page. Because clicking on the ad took you directly to the official Disney World special offers page. I was just pointing out what I saw, not trying to claim it was a current offer.

Sorry for the confusion!

Hi all, I am following this thread closely as I have a trip booked from 1/28-2/3 in a POR Royal. It looks like last year there was not a significant discount at POR (10%?- found on another thread) so I'm wondering what should be on my list as a back up. When the discounts are released, will they list the resorts or types of rooms that are included or is it just a guessing game and I'll need to play with the reservation system to find the discounted rates? Is there a better (quicker) way to find the discounted rooms? I'm thinking I will be online vs. calling since it will be either early morning before phone lines are open or during my work day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter