Joy in the World ~ a magical Christmas weekend! real life update 04/07

I love seeing the Christmas decor made of recycled materials. So creative!
I thought they were so neat!
I was ready to hit up my favourite AK spot for a refreshing beverage and something yummy. Where do you think I went?

Ooh I know where you're going ;)

I adore FOTLK. But when you've been on the go all day, and the lights go down............it's just too easy to rest your eyes for a bit!

Hooray! I'm happy you were able to ride EE after it didn't work out on previous trips.

It's hard to resist napping during Disney shows. The darkness and cool air (even in December) make the perfect napping combination.

Were you headed to Nomads next???

It's so true.... the open to close park days were catching up with me and I just needed a little pick me up. :)

You would be right about Nomad's!

Nothing like a lunch spent basking in the sunshine!

It was time for lunch and I was headed to one of my favourite places on Disney property, Nomad's Lounge! I spied an open 2 top on the veranda and quickly scooped it up. As I perused the drink menu, I saw two tall glasses of white wine being delivered to the table in front of me. I decided that drinking cool white wine in warm sunshine would be just the thing and ordered a glass of Chenin Blanc.
IMG_5711.JPG

I had been dying to try the Gobi Manchurian after reading about it in one of @kastoney reports and it did not disappoint. The spicy sauce paired beautifully with my crisp white wine. Plus, everything just tastes so much more delicious when you enjoy it sitting outside in the sunshine. Especially when you know it is snowing and freezing cold back home.....
IMG_5713.JPG

I couldn't resist sending Bill a picture of the sunlight reflecting on the water....it's what every loving wife should do when their beloved can't be there to enjoy it with them....right???
IMG_5712.JPG

I had been eagerly awaiting my FP for Flights of Passage but got a notification that it was down and it was not up by the time I was finished with my lunch. I really didn't feel like riding anything else so began to make my way towards the park exit. Imagine my delight when I came across the winter animals! They were so, so lovely and I was happy to spend some time watching them.

IMG_5717.JPG

IMG_5720.JPGIMG_5721.JPG

IMG_5722.JPG

The baby penguin was the cutest ever!

On the way out of the park I stopped to admire the tree and some of the very unique decorations on it.

IMG_5723.JPG

IMG_5724.JPG

It had been a lovely time at AK and I was sad to leave. A Pop bus came by quickly and I headed back to the resort. As I had some time to kill before the arrival of the Tragical Depress, I popped by the Petals pool bar at the Hippy Dippy pool and treated myself to one last Disney drink. Might as well spend those last moments in a productive way....

59821869823__E73C0734-2218-4F6E-B370-784818124296.JPG

This was the Banana Cabana and the bartender did not stint on the booze! It was not your typical "Disney strong" drink and went down very well. Enjoying this in the sunshine as I chatted to some seasoned DVC owners about my new DVC purchase made the last little while of my trip pass by very pleasantly.

Soon enough it was time to head off to MCO and return to reality.....I knew I would be counting the days until I was back in my happy place once again.

Coming up....final thoughts and OOP costs.

One day our path will cross......Epic trip 2 in October 2021??

YES!! I am planning on this for sure. :) Let's talk!

Her mama was fiercely protective of her and I only caught a tiny glimpse of her as her mama sat with her back to the window and cuddled Grace close.

She always is. It's so hard to get a decent photo of that baby.

The fish were mesmerizing to watch too. It's just the best when you have time to slow down and enjoy all the details.
LOL!! I always spend ridiculous amounts of time gazing at the fish. Such a colorful, mesmerizing display.

I had never seen them before and was really struck by the ingenuity that went in to creating them.

OH neat!! I love that kind of thing. Reminds me of my electrical wire basket. :D

I was ready to hit up my favourite AK spot for a refreshing beverage and something yummy. Where do you think I went?

Yep, I do know. ;)

Have you found anything new and unexpected while wandering through the parks? I'd love to hear about it!

I'm always finding something new in that park. Always. I look up the meanings of the signs or sayings on walls, find art constantly, and last trip, I came across a path on the Tree of Life Trails that I'd never been on. New angle; new animals.

I had been dying to try the Gobi Manchurian after reading about it in one of @kastoney reports and it did not disappoint. The spicy sauce paired beautifully with my crisp white wine.

That looks and sounds amazing. I need to try that!

Imagine my delight when I came across the winter animals!

I've never heard of these! How cool!

This was the Banana Cabana and the bartender did not stint on the booze! It was not your typical "Disney strong" drink and went down very well.

What?! They actually put more than a thimbleful of booze in a drink? Hmmm, maybe they tracked you by MB and saw it was your last drink. LOL!

I was headed to one of my favourite places on Disney property, Nomad's Lounge!
Nice. Nicest spot for a sit-down in AK?
I decided that drinking cool white wine in warm sunshine would be just the thing
That sounds... just great. It really does.
I had been dying to try the Gobi Manchurian
What is that???
I couldn't resist sending Bill a picture of the sunlight reflecting on the water....it's what every loving wife should do when their beloved can't be there to enjoy it with them....right???
Didn't know you had a mean streak in you! :laughing:
IMG_5721.JPG
This one has my seal of approval.

:rolleyes1

Seriously, I think it's cuter than the penguin. Probably because it doesn't have a stick coming out of its butt.
This was the Banana Cabana and the bartender did not stint on the booze!
Looks good! But... does it have rum? I have a feeling it does.
Soon enough it was time to head off to MCO and return to reality....
noooooooooo!!!!

Here's the picture from Tony's!

You girls are so cute in matching sweaters!

I strolled through the main areas taking in all the quirky, vintage decor. It was perfectly on theme and I absolutely loved it all.

IMG_5674.JPG

I love the retro decorations too :love:

After the safari I strolled along the Gorilla Falls trail in hopes of seeing baby Grace. Her mama was fiercely protective of her and I only caught a tiny glimpse of her as her mama sat with her back to the window and cuddled Grace close.

IMG_5702.JPG

That's the same view I got last May…what a good mama!

What I saw of the show was great but I was tired out by this point and will admit to napping a bit in the back row.

No shame in that…I've been known to close my eyes in more than one attraction!

couldn't resist sending Bill a picture of the sunlight reflecting on the water....it's what every loving wife should do when their beloved can't be there to enjoy it with them....right???

::yes::

I popped by the Petals pool bar at the Hippy Dippy pool and treated myself to one last Disney drink. Might as well spend those last moments in a productive way....

59821869823__E73C0734-2218-4F6E-B370-784818124296.JPG

So pretty against the blue background :flower1:

LOL!! I always spend ridiculous amounts of time gazing at the fish. Such a colorful, mesmerizing display.

I can vouch for that! I believe I left you there while we were wandering the trail! :rotfl2:

The ending of a trip is always so sad, but at least you had the DVC purchase to dream about to hold you over for the next trip :cloud9: And what a great afternoon to end your trip with (minus FoP being down!)

Yes definitely!
::yes::
YES!! I am planning on this for sure. :) Let's talk!
I am going to book a room with my DVC points and will have extra space.
I lve them!
OH neat!! I love that kind of thing. Reminds me of my electrical wire basket. :D
It's all about the details!
I'm always finding something new in that park. Always. I look up the meanings of the signs or sayings on walls, find art constantly, and last trip, I came across a path on the Tree of Life Trails that I'd never been on. New angle; new animals.
I love that there is always something new to discover.
I've never heard of these! How cool!
They were amazing! One of the the Christmas enhancements AK was doing this year.
What?! They actually put more than a thimbleful of booze in a drink? Hmmm, maybe they tracked you by MB and saw it was your last drink. LOL!
Right???
Nice. Nicest spot for a sit-down in AK?
Absolutely!
That sounds... just great. It really does.
It was perfection!
What is that???
Deep fried cauliflower with manchurian sauce....so good!
Didn't know you had a mean streak in you! :laughing:
I am full of surprises!
This one has my seal of approval.
You couldn't resist, could you???
Looks good! But... does it have rum? I have a feeling it does.
A LOT of rum!
noooooooooo!!!!
So sad!
You girls are so cute in matching sweaters!
Thanks Kelly!
That's the same view I got last May…what a good mama!
Isn't she?
No shame in that…I've been known to close my eyes in more than one attraction!
I had hit the Disney wall!
So pretty against the blue background :flower1:
And delicious!

The ending of a trip is always so sad, but at least you had the DVC purchase to dream about to hold you over for the next trip :cloud9: And what a great afternoon to end your trip with (minus FoP being down!)
Thanks Tracy! What would we do without future Disney trips to help us with our PDD?

Mmm, your Nomad's lunch looked delicious! I could definitely go for a bit of warm sunshine and an ice cold white wine right about now. Spring is around the corner, right?

Sorry that you couldn't end your trip on Flights of Passage, but you made the most of your final few hours. Nothing says vacation to me more than some time well spent by a Disney resort pool. :goodvibes

This does look good!

Absolutely! I sent my DH pictures of the food her was missing out on.

Imagine my delight when I came across the winter animals! They were so, so lovely and I was happy to spend some time watching them.

We loved these! They were soo precious.

On the way out of the park I stopped to admire the tree and some of the very unique decorations on it.

Sadly I missed getting a single picture of this tree.

Soon enough it was time to head off to MCO and return to reality.....I knew I would be counting the days until I was back in my happy place once again.

It always help if you have another trip to look forward to.

What an absolutely perfect last day! I may have sighed just a wee bit as I looked at your sun-reflection photo while I looked out at the miserable wet damp weather here. Exciting times ahead for you as a DVC owner :goodvibes

Last edited:
Mmm, your Nomad's lunch looked delicious! I could definitely go for a bit of warm sunshine and an ice cold white wine right about now. Spring is around the corner, right?

Sorry that you couldn't end your trip on Flights of Passage, but you made the most of your final few hours. Nothing says vacation to me more than some time well spent by a Disney resort pool. :goodvibes
I sure hope spring is around the corner...we had a beautiful sunny weekend here and today was up to 16C which felt heavenly! I don't think it's sticking around for long though. A beverage and sunshine definitely was a good use of my last little bit of time. :)

This does look good!
It was delicious!
Absolutely! I sent my DH pictures of the food her was missing out on.
It's the only way!
We loved these! They were soo precious.
I just loved them...too cute!
What an absolutely perfect last day! I may have sighted just a wee bit as I looked at your sun-reflection photo while I looked out at the miserable wet damp weather here. Exciting times ahead for you as a DVC owner :goodvibes
It is equally damp and miserable here. We had a huge snowstorm last week and now it is all melting.
:laughing: Nope! I am a Dad, you know. It's required.
Dad jokes!!
Erk. I'll pass then.
It was a bit too much for me at times but one of the rums was coconut rum which I like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter