July 2022 at 7 mos?

KNC43

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

my DS and I are taking a trip with his school to Japan next July. On the way home I want to stop in HI and my DH will meet us there. My question is how likely are we to get a room at 7 mos as we don’t own there. Want to stay 5 days to a week, would prefer at least 1 bed. Thanks in advance!!!

You need to be online or on the phone at exactly the 7 mth mark. Just to be sure!

I second being on line first thing in the morning when your booking window opens. I have been lucky with my Aulani bookings. An ocean view studio in May in 2017. A 2 bedroom island view in late June in 2019. This year I have an island view 2 bedroom and a studio booked for early August. In 2019 the only view left was the island view so I had no choice. But we actually had a great view of the area where the luau was held and a view of the ocean. This year since I was booking 2 rooms I only had enough points for the island view. I basically stalk the website for weeks prior to my booking window to see what is still available. Once the points go up in the latter part of June there seems to be more availability for late June, July and August

Last edited:

As long as you are not aiming for studio units, or for any of the standard view categories in the 1-bedrooms / 2-bedrooms units, you will should be able to get something. Just have enough points for an ocean-view and be flexible to what's available, and of course, online ready to book right at 7 months mark.

Good luck on securing the dates you need.

Great3

As long as you are not aiming for studio units, or for any of the standard view categories in the 1-bedrooms / 2-bedrooms units, you will should be able to get something. Just have enough points for an ocean-view and be flexible to what's available, and of course, online ready to book right at 7 months mark.

Good luck on securing the dates you need.

Great3
Agreed--I think if you are flexible in terms of room category and view, you should be fine. I also wouldn't wait around long to book, though. Summer is high season for Hawaii travel. Hopefully, the DVC point/room pool will have renormalized a bit by next summer, and it won't be so tough. This summer has definitely been harder to get than previous years when we've gone.

I've reserved June, July, June trips at the 7-month window. I've been successful logging in exactly on time at the 7-month mark each time. Good luck!!!

I’ve had success booking at the 7 month mark in the summer at Aulani, however, as others have said, it has been for 1-2 BR OV rooms.

Just be prepared when the 7 month window opens and plan to have enough points for an ocean view room as the lower points value rooms go quickly during the 11 month window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter