July 28, 2007 - "Rome-ancing the Mouse Cruisers" -11 days! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Sallie - if your on here - DH was so excited last night when he was researching the iphone. The cost of making a call from iphone from DCL is only $2.49 pr minute. He was so excited then realized that the phones were all on backorder so no b-day present for me I guess. :confused3

Mary Jo sent me an updated list of tags since I offered to help out on this (given that Carrie has a lot on her plate and the clock is, as we all know, ticking).

Here's a first draft of the tag list, formatted as someone (Carrie?) proposed earlier. Here's a link with black Mickeys to the high resolution JPG version, and one the a PDF version (which is nice because it can scale larger with higher quality than a JPG).
Here's a link with red Mickeys to the high resolution JPG version, and one the a PDF version for those who prefer their Mickeys red.

I picked one tag per person, somewhat arbitrarily, so if you'd prefer a different tag, please reply or send me a PM. Also, anyone who still has the default "Earning my Ears" tag, I just included the name without the tag (to conserve space).
The name order is by post count (according to Mary Jo) - no fluff posting now, I'm not going to rearrange them :) .

I did include the tags of teens/kids included in her list. I figure they'd enjoy having them there and the info is obscure enough so there are no real privacy issues. It does make the font a bit smaller though, so if people want them removed, that's fine also.

I'm open to suggestions on style, colors, etc. I chose a very simple bold font to make it as readable as possible. As it is, only people right behind you will have a chance of making sense of it.

If anyone would like to take a crack at a complete redesign, I'll be glad to forward them the original list, etc.

Links to the front pocket graphic can be found here (2 per page here)

I've added links to graphics with red mickeys. I'm making it an option because I prefer the black (never saw a red Mickey Mouse, and from a distance it looks more like hearts than Mickeys - but it does make it stand out better so I figure everyone can choose which they prefer).

Two options:
1. Buy some T-Shirt transfer paper (available online and at most office supply stores). Next, open the images (by clicking on the link), then print to the transfer paper and iron on following the instructions provided (you may need to do a reverse print).
2. Print a copy of the images or store the file on a floppy or USB thumb drive and take it to a local custom T-shirt store (many malls have them now), where they should be able to print them up for you. The nice thing about this approach is, though it costs more, they should be able to increase the size of the tags for you beyond 8 1/2x11.

Dan,

I am going to order the t-shirt through Zazzle or another website like that. They send the order out within 24 hrs and can express it so it will come in 1-2 days. They recommend 2100x1800 pixals for the pocket and 2100x1800 for a horizontal graphic for the back. Are the resolutions above that number of pixals?

Thanks again,
Maryann

OK here's a tip on ATM:

Everyone might want to check what their limit is. Ours used to be $300 pr day but we were able to get it lifted to $500. Just wanted to let others know to double check especially if you have to pay cash as I have to on some of our privates. DD's BFF has a cash limit of $200 so everyone may be different. As we discussed above - the $ is pretty poor against the Euro so plan accordingly! Be prepared and realized what Leslie said - no personal checks over $100 pr person and Leslie, did they say this was per day? Or per person - 1 time per cruise?

Definitely $100 per person per voyage, not per day. Each person needs appropriate ID too - so I assume my 12 and 13 year olds cannot be getting me money. So, I ended up getting an ATM expedited to me from our Schwab account - they refund ATM fees. I also ordered Euro travelers checks for our Paris apartment and our private excursions and a small amount of money (150E) from Wells Fargo online. I feel so much better now. I was very stressed today about this whole thing. Now, I can go out for sushi and enjoy myself!
Bye!!

Definitely $100 per person per voyage, not per day. Each person needs appropriate ID too - so I assume my 12 and 13 year olds cannot be getting me money. So, I ended up getting an ATM expedited to me from our Schwab account - they refund ATM fees. I also ordered Euro travelers checks for our Paris apartment and our private excursions and a small amount of money (150E) from Wells Fargo online. I feel so much better now. I was very stressed today about this whole thing. Now, I can go out for sushi and enjoy myself!
Bye!!

Oh Leslie - that is another good option - I betcha my DH never considered that one! Thanks for the tip! Gotta love that Charles! ;)

Ok since the girl is almost ready - can I speed this along for anyone else?

:tiptoe:

:rotfl:

Darn - have to feed the dogs - why is it when your in a hurry to do something or time is crunched - all of a sudden things come out of the woodwork? :confused3

Well, that was just too easy . . .

"Take what you can . . . "

I tried scanning them and posting them this way. I have them in word and can email them to you if you'd like, just PM me with your Email address.

fed.jpg

FED2.jpg

fed3.jpg

I hope this doesn't scare anyone from trying to make one. It's really easy I'm just not good at writing instructions.

Sandra

Bye!!

Sushi, in Montana?
Wow, times have changed. When I was out there a few years ago people looked at me like I was nuts to eat raw fish.

Sandra

Question, I know this has been spoken about on some of the blogs, but for the life of me I can't find it using the search function. So, how do we pay for Euros if we order on the boat? I know that someone said that you don't use your KTTW card. So, what do we use? I also know this isn't the cheapest way to do it. I have been trying to get a PayPal debit card since 5/18. I'm trying to research a backup plan.

Thanks,

What? We don't use our KTTW card on the cruise for our purchases? Excursions, drinks, etc? Am I understanding this right? Now you have me worried.:confused:

As I understand everything on ship is in USA dollars.

You can go to guest services and they will debit your shipborad account in dollars and give you Euros that their company rate. Their rate is not as good as banks.

You are best bringing various cards.

Debit cards to use in ATM's main banks will have a good rate
Creidt cards for purchases and meals.

PLUS MAESTRO CIRRUS good debit cards
MASTERCARD VISA good credit cards.

AM EX ok but not everywhere.

Disregard last post.

Thanks for clarifying Andrew. I got scared for a minute. I need to just read all the pages and not reply, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter